It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commander: 1.5 mile "Seismic Run" to detect "anything that might happen with the sea floor"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am no expert but I did work in the oilfield(on land) and there was an area we worked in in southern utah,Patterson Canyon,whenever they pumped out crde and produced water the produced water was immediately injected back down.Also we hauled brine in to the same injection wells.The geologist on site explained to me the area was unstable so we had to keep liquid pressure up and not allow "voids" or empy pockets to occur or there would be a large collapse.The size of which I never knew, my question is with the tremendous pressure at that depth,aren't we in for the same thing?I ask you all because I cannot find any definitive answer(if there even is one)I named the canyon so those of you who are better at sifting through info could find the surveys of the canyon are and compare.Even if I am completely off base i would like to know.Considering what I have read in other posts and threads on the subject, it just makes the possibility of seafloor collapse more likely to me if this continues and considering the temps of rock in at the depths of this well it isn't a very sunny proposition.And thanks for this thread....the only possible good newas so far if it works.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is from the quote in the original post.

If we are down around in the 4,000 to 5,000, 6,000 range that could potentially tell us that the hydrocarbons are being diverted someplace else,

I'm watching the live feed now. I'm not sure if this is the right gauge, but I wanted to show you this.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thats not to promising then.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I cant get the feeds now..I don't know why ,is theat reading you showed while they are still venting?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Originally posted by mars1
reply to post by darkelf

It could also be to relieve the one's that are working out there.

You have got to remember there is a lot of them probably working night and day so that's a possibility.

If you find out more keep us ATSers informed if you can plans change so fast its hard to know whats going on sometimes.

Thankyou

They don't recall inactive service members to relieve active members. They recall inactive members when they don't have enough manpower. It is not uncommon for folks in the military to work 12 on 12 off or more. This tells me that the USCG is probably being spread so thinly that they are considering active duty recall. The only time I have seen recall is during emergency or war. I'm retired Navy.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Sorry i did say it could be a possibility another thought to ponder if you here more let us know.

So if that's the case could this be preparations for something much worse i hope not best not to jump the gun just yet.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
DEBUNKED! Thanks to wecreatethefuture for the info!

Originally posted by wecreatethefuture
reply to post by OneisOne

These are not leaked video's from the BP oil spill but footage from a film called 'Petropolis' which is aerial footage of the tragic alberta oil tar sands.

-----------------------
Original post by me:
I'm too new to start a thread. But I thought I would share.

I just saw a "leaked" video of the oil spill from an airplane. Not sure if it is real or faked. This could also be from another spill/leak from somewhere else. No details are given.

Edit to add the fact this in bunk!

[edit on 15-7-2010 by OneisOne]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I think some of this footage might not be from BP oil spill but from a film called 'Petropolis' which is aerial footage of the tragic alberta oil tar sands.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by wecreatethefuture]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wecreatethefuture

Great! Thanks for clearing that up. I wondered about there origin.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

yeah, now I'm not sure...I'll have to watch Petropolis again..

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

This does not look at all like the Gulf. Hopefully, it's not. But thanks for sharing anyways.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
First off let me say I forgot to S@F this before, sorry.

Yesterday I was at the ER all day with my Grandpa.

It was CRAZY, I mean like I have never seen before, mentally ill people, people on drugs flipping out, I was thinking about this thread and how somewhere it was mentioned that HAARP had been started up because of the BP disaster.

Nurses were trying to calm patients down out of fear for their lives against the wild admits.

I wondered what could have caused so many people to flip out all at once?

Animals in my area are sensitive and the cows have been running and jumping and being aggressive as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

That is surely strange..you should start a thread on this maybe someone on this site comes from the same area and also saw strange going on's

Back on topic.

Admiral Thad Allen Explains Progress Of BP’s Latest Attempt At Plugging The Gulf Leak

National Incident Commander Admiral Thad Allen held a press conference today to explain the next steps BP is taking in its attempt to plug the gushing oil well in the Gulf of Mexico. After several failed attempts to plug the leak, BP is increasingly optimistic about this latest attempt, and Admiral Allen notes that we will know later tonight after an integrity test that will seal the well completely whether this really is the end of the leak.
Using a whiteboard with an illustration of the gushing well (because he didn’t have access to Powerpoint), Admiral Allen explained that the tests on the new cap have been approved by the government and would begin “later this evening.” The integrity test is critical to the success of this new plugging attempt, so BP and the government should know whether it is successful later this evening.
He also went through the details of how the testing would work, including the application of pressure to the leak and the closing of the top of the pipe to stop the oil from leaking.

There is video of this press conference in the link.

Linkwww.mediaite.com...

The video helps understand what they are doing.
He talks about low pressure been a problem now look at HrdCorHillbilly's post.www.abovetopsecret.com... now that's low pressure is it not

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gary714

What you were drilling down there were 'salt domes', common in UT. It's a naturally occurring deposit that when drilled through often get large voids due to the drilling fluids dissolving the salt beyond the drilled wellbore. It can create very large voids that could cause problems with the well as well as possible sinkholes.

One common cure is to saturate the drilling fluids with salt until the section is cased. Once the mud is conditioned this way it cannot dissolve more salts because it cannot accept anymore. Also pumping in brine has the same effect, fills the voids without dissolving more salts and exacerbating the problem.

As for the DWH well...I haven't a clue if the are dealing with salt zones.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
He could have been looking down at his notes, to gather his next thought. But yeah, he was nervous as all get-out. No doubt about that.

What gave me the most pause was the discrepancy between:

** Saying they stopped last night because they ran out of daylight.

**Later saying that today they "will begin assembling a technical team..." [listen to first clip, around 5:28] and naming all of the folks from around the country who will gather to be a part of that team.

Did the first seismic reading necessitate the assembly of a team, or if said team was already in place, why not be clear and say "re-assemble the team" ...?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm going to answer about the dual run of seismic. This isn't uncommon.

www.statoil.com...

Each of those black lines is seismic line. You run them like rows to get a better picture of the under ground topology.

www.iongeo.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gary714Also we hauled brine in to the same injection wells.The geologist on site explained to me the area was unstable so we had to keep liquid pressure up and not allow "voids" or empy pockets to occur or there would be a large collapse.The size of which I never knew, my question is with the tremendous pressure at that depth,aren't we in for the same thing

Not the land collapses - the PRESSURE collapses in the well.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Sounds like Admiral Thad Allen might have had a hand in that. Though he's officially retired he'd still have all his contacts among the top brass and we can bet they've had discussions off the record. No doubt he'd call it "acting out of an abundance of caution" or words to that effect.

In other words, it's better to issue the advisory just in case, even if they feel there's little chance that they'll actually need to recall those who are still under contract. And as Mars1 said, there's always the problem of relieving those who've been on duty for long periods and who need some down time. I guess they have also had to take into account that in the event of there being another sea disaster of some kind, they might be stretched pretty thin and so they need to be ready to cover for that as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

He said that half his old air group were down there and two of his friends who are still in will be down there next week. They have about 112 aircraft in the gulf right now. If he gets recalled, I'll let y'all know.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I found information in this somewhat interesting.

What is the National Incident Management System

www.nimsonline.com...
"Most incidents are handled and contained by local authorities, but there are certain instances that require multiple jurisdictions to help handle the management systems of a domestic disaster. The NIMS was designed to use the best and most effective processes available in currently existing protocols and to integrate them into a nationwide system that maximized interoperability. For the first time, both public and private organizations will be able to conduct a incident management system that is both organized and coordinated to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in the event of an emergency. The NIMS does this through a core set of principles and procedures."

"The National Incident Management System ensures that the protocol involved with resource management is a universal structure used by all organizations in all jurisdictions. This ensures that resources move quickly and efficiently and properly assist emergency responders and emergency management teams."

I think we are seeing protocol and procedures being put into place.

Earlier today I called FEMA, 800-621-FEMA. The operator was very kind but she seemed to be clueless about many things, even asking me who Adm. Thad Allen was

[edit on 15-7-2010 by sweetliberty]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join