It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist find an earthlike planet nearby

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I have not heard of this news either.... thanks OP for sharing this.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

Thanks for explaining how the process works. I was getting a little confused their for a second. Yea, we couldn't possibly know about life on this specific planet. Aren't there radio frequencies ect. which we can pick deep space frequencies with though and actually target specific areas. I am in no way saying we could contact this planet, but could we contact areas in deep space through different type of frequencies.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boniknik

No problem.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Thanks for the words of encouragement. We all need them on occasion. Especially when the subjects discussed in these forums are so outcast in normal society.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

LoL. Yea, that's probably what we would do.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by therealnews

I agree, It may be old news but its good news, and I had not seen it.

Thanks, and nice Blog!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by therealnews
They still aren't telling us the entire truth about our solar system.

Which is what?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
'An' earth like planet, not 'a' earth like planet.
please, the world may be going to hell ..... but we can at least entertain the queens english.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 21st century man
'An' earth like planet, not 'a' earth like planet.
please, the world may be going to hell ..... but we can at least entertain the queens english.

Classic

But I agree.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Frakkerface]

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Frakkerface]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hey thanx OP for sharing this. Didn't heard about this before. Looking forward to hear more threads from you. Don't be discouraged and post more threads on things you like if it's not posted already. S&F

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

They still aren't telling us the entire truth about our solar system.

Let's discuss this comment.

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

I mean here is an (old) news story about a planet like ours, they give pretty specific details about this planet yet you seem to believe that they aren't telling us everything.

Why?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

I question you sir, and your motives, Mr I work for FOX and CNN.
I would like to know how you guys got your hands on pictures that are that clear?
Are you guys really from said planet?

No but on the serious side, they say this rock is close by.
See my problem is, when scientists say close, that usually means i would only have to spend 300 years in stasis to get there!
That is not close.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by meteoritics

Thanks alot Meteorics.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 21st century man

Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

Thanks Crimson King.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I believe, as some others may, that there is data concerning space, it's inhabitants, the planets, and other important aspects of the situation which have not been released or come to light. It is illegal for humans to go to space. You have to have authorization to go. Not even 1% of the photographs taken by the Hubble telescope have been released to the public. The Nasa human space program is set to close. We speak of going to mars. How is this possible? They tell us space is full of debris and a tiny piece of rock could destroy an entire shuttle. So how could we possibly send a shuttle to mars? They tell us space is a vacuum. Yes, to humans space is a vacuum. But is it truly just empty space? Or is it filled with millions of molecules and energies. I have no answers. All I have is questions and speculation. But I believe we need to raise these questions.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
we dont need to find to know that they are out there

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

They are still not telling us the entire truth about our solar system.

That is a statement of fact.
Do you have facts; or is this just meant for attention?

I believe, as some others may, that there is data concerning space, it's inhabitants, the planets, and other important aspects of the situation which have not been released or come to light. It is illegal for humans to go to space. You have to have authorization to go.

Is it illegal or do you need authorization? These are contradictory assertions. You really need to separate belief and fantasy from reality before you make assertions of "fact."

"Space" is not the same as "our solar system."

As for "aspects ... not released," do you have any idea of the volume of data flowing in continuously from hundred of satellites and probes? Even the recipients have not gone through all of it, hence the time-lag between "discovery" and "release."

Are you suggesting a conspiracy to withhold information? Give some specifics, please.

jw

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Chill, people. Does this guy have a history of posting links to his blog, or is this the first time?

If the latter, a single chastisement is all that is necessary. No need to pile on the guy.

Geez.

EDIT: This was posted after reading just the first page of this thread. The second page is much more civil.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Many thanks for posting this, I didn't know about it!!!

As for linking to your blog, I don't see why that is wrong. Yes, you want to generate hits on your blog, but I don't see why that is bad.

I hope more planets like this are found. The possibilities for life in a planet other than this will dramatically increase!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join