It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Angel Hair Phenomenon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The Angel Hair Phenomenon

I recently heard about this and thought i'd share it with the ATS Community, and see if maybe there are some who have seen this "Phenomenon."

Angel hair is an alleged substance of unknown origin, said to be dispersed from UFOs as they fly overhead. It is so named for its similarity to fine hair, or spider's webs, and is comparable to ectoplasm and pixie dust. Reports of Angel hair say that it disintegrates within a short time of forming. There have been many reports of falls of angel hair around the world. The greatest number of reports have come from the U.S.A., western Europe, eastern Australia, and New Zealand.

Alternative explanations: One of the possible explanations offered relates to the web making activities of spiders. Some types of spiders are known to migrate through the air, sometimes in large numbers, on cobweb gliders. The threads created by these airborne arachnids are delicate enough to dissolve upon handling. As string-like lines that appear out of nowhere and form unique patterns. They are also known as Spider Strings and are linked to String Theory in Physics.

Metaphysically they are said to weave all of matter together to form the basic geometric patterns - the Spider Web Effect with all things emerge from once source - move out in geometric progressions yet all remains linked to the source through the web. Angel hair is sometimes connected to UFO sightings or the presence of angels.

I am not aware of any scientific data that can define the exact cause or composition of angel hair. Non-the-less it does manifest into the physical realms.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6a5f55ec4eb.jpg[/atsimg]

Angel Hair

PDF File; Analysis on Angel Hair Phenomenon

So this "Angel Hair" is said to be from UFO's. Well, has anyone ever heard about this? or better yet, witnessed it firsthand?

I'll look through the PDF Analysis and see what comes up.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Whatever it may be, yes we have experienced it several times here in the Midwest.

They do look like thin spider webs and yet if you touch them they turn to a goo like substance similar to dripping snot.

It is possible after we have seen them floating through the skies and draping themselves on tree limbs, plants or just floating on the winds, we have had upper respiratory illnesses.

But I like your theories way better.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh how cool. I havnt seen it personally, but i'd like to. Pretty cool that it's texture changes to something goo-e when touched. Wonder what could be the reason.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Intresting thought.... I find the spider glider theory realy intresting.

What about chemtrails? Could be a possible cause. But i would like to go with UFO chemtrails from intergalactic glider spiders!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

What about chemtrails? Could be a possible cause. But i would like to go with UFO chemtrails from intergalactic glider spiders!

Hey Master Shen Long how's it going?

Chemtrails from Interglactic Glider Spiders, say that 3 times

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The "airborne spider" explanation is an old one, but it doesn't come even close to explaining some of the skyfalls associated with this phenomenon.

If it was only angel hair coming down, I would probably accept the airborne spider explanation, or the pollen explanation, or even the chemtrail explanation.

But there are other ephemeral things falling out of the sky — such as gelatinous meteors, or pwdr ser, more commonly known as "Star Jelly"...

Wikipedia: Star Jelly

This stuff has been observed for centuries, usually accompanying meteor showers, but sometimes arriving all on its own.

What the hell IS IT? Nobody seems to know. It is observed falling, settling on the ground, and rapidly decomposing, often resulting in odd fungal growths.

Here are a few of the better-known incidents of Star Jelly falls:

• In 1950, four Philadelphia, Pennsylvania policemen reported the discovery of "a domed disk of quivering jelly, 6 feet in diameter, one foot thick at the center and an inch or two near the edge." When they tried to pick it up, it dissolved into an "odorless, sticky scum." This incident inspired the movie The Blob.

• On August 11, 1979, Mrs. Sybil Christian of Frisco, Texas reported the discovery of several purple blobs of strange, "pulsating" goo on her front yard following a Perseid meteor shower.

• In December, 1983, grayish-white, oily gelatin fell on North Reading, Massachusetts. Thomas Grinley reported finding it on his lawn, on the streets and sidewalks, and dripping from gas station pumps.

• Star jelly was found on various Scottish hills in the autumn of 2009.

This is a real phenomenon, observed many times over the centuries since it was first coined "Pwdr Ser" (star shît) in the 1300s.

I'm inclined to think that some falls of angel hair may be the same sort of inexplicable substance. It would be interesting to compile a list of known angel hair falls and compare it to records of meteor showers.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/9/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ooo! Is angel hair edible? I heard they make great pastas!

I bet the UFO and chemtrails have something to do with this phenom.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

Originally posted by Master Shen long

Hey Master Shen Long how's it going?

Chemtrails from Interglactic Glider Spiders, say that 3 times

Not bad thanks and you mate?

Why what happens if i say it 3 times? Do i have to do it looking into a mirror at midnight? Im scared mommy

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

"This is a real phenomenon, observed many times over the centuries since it was first coined "Pwdr Ser" (star shît) in the 1300s. "

What? lol..... Star sh*t..... Gotta love them 1300 wacky terms!

Classic

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
The "airborne spider" explanation is an old one, but it doesn't come even close to explaining some of the skyfalls associated with this phenomenon.

If it was only angel hair coming down, I would probably accept the airborne spider explanation, or the pollen explanation, or even the chemtrail explanation.

But there are other ephemeral things falling out of the sky — such as gelatinous meteors, or pwdr ser, more commonly known as "Star Jelly"...

Wikipedia: Star Jelly

This stuff has been observed for centuries, usually accompanying meteor showers, but sometimes arriving all on its own.

What the hell IS IT? Nobody seems to know. It is observed falling, settling on the ground, and rapidly decomposing, often resulting in odd fungal growths.

Here are a few of the better-known incidents of Star Jelly falls:

• In 1950, four Philadelphia, Pennsylvania policemen reported the discovery of "a domed disk of quivering jelly, 6 feet in diameter, one foot thick at the center and an inch or two near the edge." When they tried to pick it up, it dissolved into an "odorless, sticky scum." This incident inspired the movie The Blob.

• On August 11, 1979, Mrs. Sybil Christian of Frisco, Texas reported the discovery of several purple blobs of strange, "pulsating" goo on her front yard following a Perseid meteor shower.

• In December, 1983, grayish-white, oily gelatin fell on North Reading, Massachusetts. Thomas Grinley reported finding it on his lawn, on the streets and sidewalks, and dripping from gas station pumps.

• Star jelly was found on various Scottish hills in the autumn of 2009.

This is a real phenomenon, observed many times over the centuries since it was first coined "Pwdr Ser" (star shît) in the 1300s.

I'm inclined to think that some falls of angel hair may be the same sort of inexplicable substance. It would be interesting to compile a list of known angel hair falls and compare it to records of meteor showers.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/9/2010 by Doc Velocity]

Star Jelly. Sounds more edible to me.
But anyways, As you mentioned, it would be nice to have a list of known angel hair falls. I researched earlier and saw a few sightings and reports on it, so maybe tonight i'll do some more searching and try to come up with a list that may be helpful.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Sure your not talking fairy floss ? it's what Americans call Candy Floss I think ( Aussie humor sorry ) . No seriously back on topic , two very credible friends of mine experienced this while travelling the Northern Territory (a Australian State ) about 15yrs ago after witnessing a stange light show overnight .They said everthing was covered as far as the eye could see .

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

By anychance do you know if they contacted any local news station? Would be cool if there was a report on it. Thanks for the info

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I wonder if the star jelly could be some sort of primitive life form that can live in space and likes to cling to meteors as they fly through space, and sometimes they get knocked down and fall to earth, then die probably.
I have no idea what the angel hair could be, possibly airborne spiders..

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I saw the angel hair phenomenon once when I was in 5th or 6th grade, around 1972-73, in El Paso TX. I went out in my backyard and saw these whitish shiny very fine threads hanging everywhere. It was on the eaves of the house, the small tree we had, and eaves of neighbors houses. I went to the front through the side gate and it was on all the houses up and down the street. I ran inside to call my mom to have a look. I pulled some down from the eaves of our house, it was not like spider web, but very brittle. It seemed to turn to dust in your hands.

My mom told me to wash my hands and come back in the house for lunch. I went back outside, seems like 10 minutes or so, and it was all gone. Every bit, even from all the other houses up and down the block.

I had never heard of Angel Hair, and it being associated with UFO sightings until I read one of Charles Fort's books a few years later. If I had actually seen it falling, maybe I would have looked up and seen something else.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I was in Oklahoma at Fort Sill going to school about 1978. In the morning while standing in formation some angel hair dropped right down at me.

I reached up and grabbed it as we were just standing there at ease. It melted in my fingers and had a perfume type smell. I thought it was a spider web until I smelled my fingers.

I just thought it was weird.

I can't provide any real explanation.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
@ akalepos - 1SawSomeThings

Thanks alot for sharing your experiences. How it all vanished quickly is kinda wierd.

So far, it feels goo-ie, could turn to dust, and smells like perfume.
Which could mean there are different types of "Angel Hair".

Or it could be something very basic.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I've never heard of this until today. Very interesting reading and the fact that it's been happening for centuries it seems discounts man made pollution as a cause.

Hopefully it's not related to this or we are in trouble

I will have to do some more research into this.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac, two very credible friends of mine experienced this while travelling the Northern Territory (a Australian State ) about 15yrs ago after witnessing a stange light show overnight .They said everthing was covered as far as the eye could see .

That's your classic Star Jelly event. A meteor shower followed by a weird, gelatinous precipitation.

What is very intriguing to me is the association of fungoids to Star Jelly. I mean, wherever this stuff lands, it triggers fungal growth. Sometimes bizarre fungal growth, as the 1979 case in Texas, where the goop appeared to pulsate and change color when poked with a stick.

Weird.

But you know that fungoids are more closely related to animals than to plants, right? Genetically speaking.

I just wonder if Star Jelly is part of the delivery system of panspermia — That's the theory of Life spreading throughout the Universe by way of "space seeds" piggybacking on comets and asteroids until they alight on a suitable planet and start growing.

Maybe angel hair is more of the same stuff.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
But you know that fungoids are more closely related to animals than to plants, right? Genetically speaking.

When I read that, First thing that pop'd in my head was seeing a meteor fly across a planet, this stuff dropping on it, and seeing a way that a form of life could have began from this fungus.

Pretty interesting. And thanks for bringing that up.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The jelly blobs remind me of the 1978 (I think that was the date) remake of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" starring Donald Sutherland. It started off with the alien spores shown flying through space then settling down as gelatinous goo on plant life during a rain in San Francisco. The goo started sending out tendrils and sprouted a flower that was then plucked by a scientist.

Now the fact that this phenomena is known, and leaves traces for at least an hour begs the question of why for Pete's sake doesn't someone obtain a sample and analyze it? If it instantly decomposes upon touch, don't directly touch it. Take whatever it's attached to and put it carefully in a jar and contact somebody at a university or agricultural research office or something like that. Even if the stuff decomposes it must leave some sort of residue that can be analyzed. I find it odd that in all the known history of this sort of thing happening, not one curious and intelligent person has at least tried to put it under a microscope or turn a chemistry set loose on it? How about an analysis of the fungi produced at the sites? Surely it can't be difficult to do a comparative analysis of the structure and composition of the "strange" fungi to known and established species?

I wonder if there's any link between this stuff and Morgellons--that odd disease with lesions that have strange fibers embedded in it. I wonder if there's any correlation between the location these fibers and goo are found and the number of cases of Morgellons.

Strange stuff--this angel hair pasta from space, space goo and Morgellons. I don't know what to make of it. This world is a very strange place. At least with ATS, now I know I'm not alone in experiencing its oddities.

EDIT: Sorry for the lack of clarity. When I talk of analyzing this "stuff" or the fungi, I mean both the jelly goo type of phenomena and the angel hair phenomena and the fungi produced in conjunction with any of this "space poop". When I talk of the connection to Morgellons I am referencing the angel hair fibers, although I suppose space gel could be related as well. Who knows?

[edit on 9-7-2010 by SheeplFlavoredAgain]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join