It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

Ratcheting up the debate over immigration in his state, a candidate for the Arizona utilities commission is threatening to cut off power and gas to illegal immigrants if he's elected.

"It is not a right. It is a service," Barry Wong, candidate for the Arizona Corporation Commission, told The Arizona Republic.

Read the whole article at Fox News

Not sure how this would work... last I checked, the utility companies in this country were privately owned and operated. Maybe he wants to socialize them..

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I would not elect him on that statement alone.

It shows how dumb he is, trying to make statements for sheer public acceptance. Showing how willing he is to make changes,

yeah right, anyone with common sense knows this solution is not plausible, how do you even decide who's illegal and which houses to cut power to, ... and if you can locate them, why not just deport them ?

what a brick head.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Its an idea, but it needs work. He is simply going to make it a legal requirement for people to provide proof of citizenship before purchasing utility services.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
www.puco.ohio.gov...

Most utility companies allow customers to sign up for service by phone or online. Keep in mind that you may need to provide the company with information such as your name, driver’s license number, service address, mailing address, phone number, Social Security Number, and employment information.

I have always had to show ID to get any utility service connected. How are these illegals actually even getting any service?

new topics

top topics

join