It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sign Of NIBIRU

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Come Clean

More nonsense?? Complete non-sequitor nonsense, and you fail to actually go somewhere, learn and get educated???

Is this what the human race is becoming? Because from what's been revelaed in the last two years on this site, it is beginning to seem so. I certainly hope that a person who signs up for, and reads and posts on, a site dedicated to the concept of denying ignorance would do so.

There are far, far too many who do not.....

If you can't debate nicely then start to hate vigorously. Debunker motto.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

Originally posted by virgom129
Nice but what does this have to do with NIBIRU??

I'm now officially past the stage of considering NIBIRU/Planet X stuff...

If a huge star/planet was going to impact Earth in 2012 we would be seeing it by now and feeling it's effects...

Wouldn't that be determined by the known speed of an object and angle of approach? Both of which in this case we truly know neither?
Just saying.

I'd rather err on the side of caution than the side of sheeple. I'm not willing to discount anything until it happens or don't happen.

That's just being smart!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

And just what exactly are you doing to get ready... just in case?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Dude!!!

I am just stating obvious facts.

YOU are not debating, but spouting nonsense...ridiculous claims, like "curing cancer", but "knowing everything about the universe"...

They are NOT related!

You said something about "every" star system with planets has to be binary? That is bunk.

Further, your "reason" for asserting that was bunk, too. The idea of a gravitational "dead spot" being necessary for planets to not "fall into the star" is nonsense, as well.

Saying things like that shows a complete lack of understanding about orbits, orbital mechanics, and what we CAN OBSERVE within our own Solar System!!

Your depth of misunderstanding seems to be deep...and an online internet forum is NOT an online University --- to explain in the detail required will be beyond the scope of what's possible here. SO, it's encumbent upon those who have their misundestandings about physics and the sciences pointed out to them to undertake ON THEIR OWN INITIATIVE a better level of learning.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I would think someone who knows the secrets of the Universe would at least know the secrets of their home world.

Tell us all, how does one stop an oil leak or cure cancer right here on Earth?

Tell me, where can I find a link to every living organism on this planet? Did they not find new species lately? Tell us all, what exists below the crust of the earth? It's all theoretical right? We have never visited our own planet below the crust of the Earth.

Yet you guys PRESUME to know the secrets of the Universe?

Get real and stop debunking what if scenarios.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

And just what exactly are you doing to get ready... just in case?

Keeping an open mind.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Dude!!!

I am just stating obvious facts.

YOU are not debating, but spouting nonsense...ridiculous claims, like "curing cancer", but "knowing everything about the universe"...

They are NOT related!

You said something about "every" star system with planets has to be binary? That is bunk.

Further, your "reason" for asserting that was bunk, too. The idea of a gravitational "dead spot" being necessary for planets to not "fall into the star" is nonsense, as well.

Saying things like that shows a complete lack of understanding about orbits, orbital mechanics, and what we CAN OBSERVE within our own Solar System!!

Your depth of misunderstanding seems to be deep...and an online internet forum is NOT an online University --- to explain in the detail required will be beyond the scope of what's possible here. SO, it's encumbent upon those who have their misundestandings about physics and the sciences pointed out to them to undertake ON THEIR OWN INITIATIVE a better level of learning.

So what does it say about you that you would engage in debate with someone like me?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well that should be very self satisfying when the Earth gets obliterated, or what ever is supposed to happen (depending on who you listen to).

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Well that should be very self satisfying when the Earth gets obliterated, or what ever is supposed to happen (depending on who you listen to).

I don't want the Earth to get obliterated. What I want is total transparency in what NASA and the likes are doing up there.

My kids deserve a chance to live just like their kids do. Who is the government to say who lives and who dies? I'm sure the cowards don't care because they will be taken care of. The amateurs who know what's up get a chance to enter all the sanctuaries that are being built around the world. FYI....those sanctuaries won't protect them. Just another government lie to keep the sheeple quiet.

My kids or grandkids deserve a chance to live just like they do.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

So because there are advances in a bunch of unrelated fields of study, that means that we can't know anything about our universe at all? Molecular biology has nothing to do with astrophysics. Oncology has nothing to do with astrophysics. Evolutionary biology has nothing to do with astrophysics. Zoology has nothing to do with astrophysics. So, why do you continue to assert that our knowledge in these fields has a direct impact on our knowledge of astrophysics?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

So because there are advances in a bunch of unrelated fields of study, that means that we can't know anything about our universe at all? Molecular biology has nothing to do with astrophysics. Oncology has nothing to do with astrophysics. Evolutionary biology has nothing to do with astrophysics. Zoology has nothing to do with astrophysics. So, why do you continue to assert that our knowledge in these fields has a direct impact on our knowledge of astrophysics?

I'm just making the point that ATS posters don't know the secrets of the Universe like they claim. Keeping an open mind is always preferable to keeping a closed mind.

Do you disagree with any of those statements?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Keeping an open mind is great, but when you start ignoring the facts it becomes ignorance. Our knowledge of orbital mechanics is based on centuries of observation. There is no galaxy that behaves the way you theorize. Furthermore, we have located brown dwarfs in galaxies that are lightyears away, so it would make sense that if there were one in our own solar system we would have no trouble locating it. The only arguments I've ever seen against this are fanciful in nature and that ignore the fundamental laws of physics.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My take on scientist.

First, they only exist to disprove the existence of a higher power. Think about it, if man can cure cancer then man is just as good as God. Jesus raised the dead but so can man. Man can bring world peace through sanctions and whatnot. So why do we need a higher power to begin with?

Second, they know the answer then devised a set of questions to fit the answer. For example, some big bang took place but we can't get us past the singularity. Therefore, there must be other dimensions or string theories to explain it How can they make that leap without knowing the answer to begin with? Put it like this. The answer is 5 if you start out with 10 then subtract 15 then add 10. That's what scientist do!

Three, it's all theoretical anyways. Bottom line, no one knows what the center of Earth actually looks like. We have never been below our own crust. What we think is not what we know to be true.

Yet you guys are claiming to know the secrets of the Universe.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
We already know Einstein's theories don't apply inside a black hole. So on it's face Eistein is dead wrong. His theories may work in our limited understanding of the universe but it doesn't work in 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% (infinity) of the perceived universe.

That means he knew the answer then applied the questions. Then others backed him up because that's what they studied in school.

Yet the ATS posters understand the secrets of the Universe?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

It's the orbits of the inner planets that tell us that no planet exists that orbits close to them.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You are missing the point. The people that say Nibiru isn't out ther have an overwhelming amount of evidence that it is not. WHole sky surveys and studies of the motions of the known planets make it impossible for a planet to exist within 320AU of the sun. So it is a complete falsehood to state that "there is just as much science that says something is out there ..." That is not truthful. There is no evidence for a planet sized object to be within 320AU of the sun. Are we saying it's not out there? Not at all. What is extremely clear with current measurements is that no planet can enter the orbits of the known planets.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Keeping an open mind is great, but when you start ignoring the facts it becomes ignorance. Our knowledge of orbital mechanics is based on centuries of observation. There is no galaxy that behaves the way you theorize. Furthermore, we have located brown dwarfs in galaxies that are lightyears away, so it would make sense that if there were one in our own solar system we would have no trouble locating it. The only arguments I've ever seen against this are fanciful in nature and that ignore the fundamental laws of physics.

So what is the speed of these brown dwarfs? Could it be the speed of light or 3/4's of the speed of light. You don't know do you?

So how can you claim something doesn't exist if you don't know all the relevant answers?

Are you telling us you know all the secrets of the universe? Or just the limited understanding of what we know sitting here on Earth?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Even if a brown dwarf did have a planet, those planets could not enter the orbits of the known planets. Gravitational studies preclude that.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

If a brown dwarf exists it must be very far away. If it were close it would have been detected. A Jupiter sized object would have been detected if it were within 2100AU of the sun. A brown dwarf is 10 to 15% larger than Jupiter and therefore would be detected even farther out than 2100AU. Since the gravity of a brown dwarf is at most 60X Jupiter, then the whatever-you-call-it must be far, far away and close to the brown dwarf since it is so much smaller than the sun. That whatever-you-call-it must be well outside of the orbits of the known planets.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Please take a basic course in astronomy and learn about orbital mechanics before coming up with an idea that makes no sense. Binary systems are not required.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join