It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronauts and 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yes, I do believe in the ancient astronaut theory... just have to look at the cave paintings and also the religuos paintings of Jesus and in the background there are ufo's.

I have mixed feelings about 2012, at first I thought it would be the end of the world, then I thought nothing will happen... and now I think the world will not end but great change will come, new energies and official alien contact will be made and secrets will be told, well some secrets not all of them haha.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think its a shame to mix in the 2012 madness with this topic. Glad to see some have done their homework and know the whole idea of what the calendar means is a fabrication that even the Mayans don't believe. It's no more true now than it was in 2003, the original date claimed. When nothing happens in 2012, I'd imagine the date will be changed yet again.

I think the idea's like 2012 being a sort of Rapture come from peoples honest desire for somebody, anybody to save them from the madness.

There is validity to the idea we may have visited throughout history. That idea deserves more attention.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

There seems to be a mountain of evidence about where we came from.

I mean IF, repeat IF, Sitchin is 95% right, then a lot of theories come into play. We have all heard that secret societies have handed down "A Secret" of some sort from ages ago.

My theory is that the "secret" is the fact that WE are decendants from ET'.

If you read Sitchin' "End of Days", even he is uncertain when the Anunnaki will return, BUT, he says they WILL RETURN.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Sitchin is nowhere near 95% right. He's not even 5% right. Pretty much the only part he got right was that there was a Sumerian civilization and that they worshiped deities with names like Enlil and Enki.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolee123nd

According to Erich von Daniken, there are 16 billion planets and 100 billion stars, and at least 180 million of them support life.

This is an appeal to authority. Alien life must exist because of the numbers you're getting from Daniken. An appeal to authority can be effective or useful but you should probably go with an expert and not someone with a known bias toward believing in aliens.

They kept returning to Earth during the ancient times, helping us become more and more advanced

Really the ancient astronaut theory is backwards in this regard. After all if aliens have been visiting us for thousands of years wouldn't our ascent into technological advancement have been steady and quick? Instead we languished for thousands of years going between times of knowledge and times when we descended into chaos (Dark Ages anyone?).

If you look into it, there defiantly is

Not anything that could be counted as evidence in actual science and archeology, otherwise there would be hundreds of legitimate PHDs writing peer reviewed work about said evidence. Of course there are things interpreted to fit the conclusion of ancient astronaut theory but most are just evidence of human ingenuity and dedication (pyramids, Nazca Lines, Baghdad battery)

They brought good to the people.

But apparently forget to bring anything but the most basic of technologies and leaving many civilizations centuries behind the advancement of others (for instance they apparently let the Europeans advance and explore while leaving the Native Americans in technological equilibrium for centuries)

As much as I like the sci-fi idea of aliens intervening in our early history the evidence just doesn't support the conclusion. And it definitely doesn't support 2012.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

I don't put much faith in Sitchin. He makes to many leaps in his logic without anything solid to back it up.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Very very big issue. And most people will not believe what has really been going on in preparation, and what the military, black ops, nazis and bloodlines have been doing for years with leylines, dark sacrfices of many, wars, earthquakes, Rwanda, 9/11, using ancient astrology, as above so below ideas, and open portals. There was a portal talked about near area 51. Eclipses are a part of this agenda too.

The Mayan talk about things beyond calendars and "time" but the return of the cosmic/serpent snakes, the return of Quetzalcoatl. This is the ancient negatives primarily, the ones that demanded sacrifice. Their records and the great pyramid all point to sirius and orion.

Karma has a lot to do with upcomign events, both in terms of what could happen if astroids draw close and in terms of what can happen to humanity (who the leaders have sold out to these beings over their heads) if the karma they try to dump on us with wars and starvation are not actively met. We really need to care about each other and the world, and desire absolute euqality and an end to wars and starvation. Nothing is an accident. Cosmic cycles.

Have no idea how it could all play out, but a worse case scenario is good to look at.

I just remember what a friend whose whole family is being abdcuted and they wake up with scars, and have partial awareness. The 5 year old had "imaginary" friends according to the father, well, would wake up crying with the mother parlyzed unable to get to her. She recently insists that ets are real, found a video on youtube that she was very excited by, and said, the bad ones eat us. Does this happen in our bodies? Or after tragedies and wars, in our very real feeling astral bodies? Technically et is often another channel, closely linked to ours.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Unity_99]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join