It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Oil Disaster WORST CASE SCENARIO? Evacuations?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Posting this for what it's worth.

Fear mongering...delusion.....truth?

Dunno.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by loam]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
More from this woman, which I may have seen in another thread here. I haven't been on ATS much in the past few days, so my apologies if these have already been posted.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Posting this for what it's worth.

Fear mongering...delusion.....truth?

Could be all three. But one thing that I am certain of is that this will be an ecological and economic disaster for the Gulf Coast region and the extent of the current devastation is being hidden, covered up and discounted by BP and even by some here on ATS.

Perhaps their agenda is to prevent panic. It's to late; if you have been paying attention at all. At least she is a local from the area being affected and not a debunker from New York.

Hysteria? I don't think so!

Thanks for the videos, loam. sandf.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Once again this lady has some good new information. The gulf area is 7 degrees warmer than normal . Not good. Loam , do you know what kind of implosion she is talking about if the pipe fails?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Ya know, when I saw the thread last week on this gal, everyone was glad to see an apparent "insider's view" to the truth. I too was glad, but then I started wondering(the way my mind usually does), and the "evacuation" fear that was discussed here all month came to mind. I started pondering the notion of this gal being an agent that starts the fear mongering to get local and widespread support in things being so bad, they need to be evacuated. It is hard to say, because surely things could be that bad down there, but I always step back for a minute to assess what we are fed, and in this case, the old "problem, reaction, solution" mechanism came to mind. If for whatever reason(s) they want an evacuation, it seems they would need support and may exaggerate the truth to get things going.

Again, I am not sure and I am not trying to make light of the disaster down there. I am just suspicious of everything these days when it comes to money, the Govmnt , tragedies of this magnitude and what entails.
Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
ten bucks says she runs for office soon.

this is the second line right here.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
ten bucks says she runs for office soon.

And if it turns out that she is telling the truth; something in short supply; she's got my vote.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

She is very active on this.. I believe she thinks she is telling the truth.. but not sure about her sources. I would have to say she is the most outspoken of anyone down there!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Even if only half of what she says comes to pass, the prospect is very frightening.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OK.

I just read this thread: Snowplows Ready To Remove Abandoned Vehicles from Highways When Evacuations Occur

She doesn't seem so far off base, does she?

The video from that thread is really disturbing:

I can't see much, but if what he describes is true, what is that?

Are there other examples of this 'bubbling' water?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Seeing as how TV in the summer is all reruns, I have been watching Keith Olberman, Rachel Madddow, and Anderson Cooper. A Lot. Everything she said has come out on these shows by someone. All three shows have talked about the cover up, A. Cooper had a woman from the EPA on one night, and even she said the air quality was extremely bad.

I see some posts from people who don't seem to think it could get worse, or that it will fix itself
or that the air and beaches aren't as bad as people say they are. Even the main news shows are digging under the fancy white sand and showing their is a line of oil 6 inches down. It has been covered up for pictures.

It seems a lot of people are in denial about how bad it is. I hope there isn't a "worst case scenario" because if this is unfixable, I just don't even want to think about it. They are even tossing around the idea of bombing it again. I can afford to wait and see, I am in the last place this will affect. I think people in the gulf should seriously be thinking of summer holidays away from there if at all possible.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I think it is methane.. 1 million times the norm.

Here is an article..
www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So I keep digging to see what folks are sayin'

See what I found. Crazy.

I can't help but wonder at what point REAL disaster and PERCEIVED disaster become one in the same?

The second set of videos starts out compelling enough, but ends weakly for me. Dunno. Still trying to digest all of this.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Do you guys ever remember a disaster that has so many people raising eyebrows?? My parents who believe everything the government tells them are even making comments that sound like they think something fishy going on here...Lots of people talking! Bet TPTB are not liking that!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fromtheheart66

I think that is right.

My reaction to the other thread currently on the boards that indicates most people don't care only tells half of the story in my opinion. There are also many who do and for the first time are really questioning the world they live in.

These are perilous times.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Given the fact the the BOP is now confirmed to be tilting confirms fears that the casing has been eroded away and completely compromised.

I don't know about underwater explosions and the like, but I do know that once the BOP and the casing collapses in on itself it WILL open up a giant hole in the seafloor, which will never be plugged.

Time will eventually equalize the pressures and the oil flow will cease, but how do we measure how long that would take? Years?

I'm afraid this is game over for America. For this cataclysmic event to come at a time of unprecedented debt and economic DEPRESSION... Hmm.

I would suggest taking steps to ensuring you are psychologically and spiritually prepared for some truly frightening news in the coming months

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

I'm not completely sold just quite yet. Call it denial. I don't care.

But I am paying attention.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

This is interesting...

www.huliq.com...

FEMA readies oil-spill evacuation plans for Gulf cities

This story is retracted. See the retraction here.

While no public announcements of this strategy have yet been made, reports have surfaced that the Federal Emergency Management Agency has at the ready plans to evacuate a number of Gulf Coast cities from Corpus Christi all the way to Key West should conditions require it.

A report on Examiner.com states that evacuation plans for the Tampa Bay area are already in place. Earlier stories reported that plans were being developed for several other cities, including Houston, New Orleans, Gulfport, Mobile, Pensacola, Sarasota-Bradenton, and Naples.

It's just a matter of time!! And I think the retraction was part of the attempted spin to avoid panic.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

It looks like the evacuations are about to begin in Gulf Shores. What else would these buses be for?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
" video has been removed by the user "

creepy!

anyways i beleive in the video she says HER estimate was 60 days until something like a massive tsunami could occure... i'm not sure when she was recorded saying that, but i guess that'd be the end of august or the beginning of september by her estimate

top topics

<<   2 >>

join