It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did you discover ATS? And why did you become a member?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A question for ATS, how did you discover ATS?

i'm just curious I guess, how I discovered it was one night in 2008 I was researching conspiracy theories and this website popped up on one of my Google searches, but I however didn't become a member till 2010, and my other question is what made you become a member? For me it was the people, everyone here on ATS in so intelligent and informative, you guys aren't like normal people who don't care about conspiracy theories or alternative topics. Have you ever noticed that? Anytime I try to discuss conspiracies to anyone off this website they don't seem to have any interest!

i'm interested to hear your stories!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My story is just about the same as yours Raging Panda. I remember researching a few conspiracy theories when I was a freshman in College (2008-2009) when I happened upon this site. I really liked the points that members would bring up, as well as some very well thought out discussions. I would come to ATS regularly just to see whats new, and get other helpful facts, and even open some of my friends eyes to some of the things going on. I finally decided to join earlier this year, and i must say that it's been a great experience to be able to participate in some of the disscussions.
As for the conspiracy theories, I am always up for reading a good discussion from ATS members.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Hello!
Well here is my story and I am sticking to it! hehe..
For as long as I can remember I have always known something is wrong with this world! And this was long before Matrix came out.. I always thought this world was somehow backwards in so many things with the way things work here.
Since I was young, I had theories, and ideas about life in general.. I would go on and on about these theories to my friends and family..

I had no idea that so many other people where just like me!!!

So I was doing some reading about the moon, and the alternate theories about the moon, and I came across John Lear!
John Lear is what brought me here to ATS.. I spoke to him in a couple emails, and he was one of the nicest guys I ever had the honor of talking to.. He then sent me a link to a place called ATS..

And the rest is history!!!
I will also put in that the Colbert Report also had a hand in me being here!
The Colbert Report really started to wake me up to all the many websites that had alternate ideas, and theories!

I get my news from the Daily Show, and the Colbert Report! I could see right through places like Fox, CNN, and other MSM outlets..

Thank the stars for ATS!
I was a lurker here from 2005, and signed up in 2006! Still here, and still learning and loving it all!!

Well thats my story.. Enjoy and thanks for listening!
Hope you find what you are looking for here!
Zy5

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I discovered ATS when I was 12 or 13, and I am 21 now. I love reading about the paranormal (though I don't believe all of it).

Also, my father very loud and pushy in his political views. It was kind of nice and forbidden to come here and explore the world from a new perspective, actually asking questions instead of swallowing all the tripe fed to us.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I was dating a MOD and she told me about it.

I'd prefer this story didn't get spread around. She was married and so was I.

CX

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If i remember rightly i was having a conversation in the local pub with a mate about the different security levels.

I couldn't remember what the highest ones were so when i got home i typed into Google, "What is above top secret?".....and the rest as they say...is history!

I've never looked back since. Looked over my shoulder a few times though lol.

CX.

[edit on 2/7/10 by CX]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Totaly by acident, was bored on a school trip (on a coach down to london argh 3 hour trip) and was just following the hyperlinks werever the web took me and came across a thread on the ats space exploration forom, it was informitive,clever and just a little funny so i saved the page before moving on. this was on my birthday atualy talk about coinsidences. bored again and fourced to watch a musical at a theater, i came back to ats and discovered its wonders. it was general election run up at the time and was just starting to seriously develop my ideas on politics and ats provided inspiration, opposition to overcome and when i signed up an outlet to speak my mind and perhaps make some small diference. its barely been two months since then and i alredy feel at home here.

VIVA ATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
i found ATS just by internet research, aliens, ghost, secret societies, that stuff.

what made me finally join, instead of browsing was the Steven hawking tread about aliens and avoiding contact, had to put in my 2 cents on that one, + i figured i could contribute somewhat to intelligent discussion.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I think I'm the odd one out....I was searching for ice caves and somehow google decided to show me "military bases"...which opened the door of ATS to me XD Can't say that I regret it...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Was researching David Icke and Illuminatti.
Signed up the same day..never looked back.
My addiction came swift and sure.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I was looking for a political board. I wanted to discuss politics and ATS came up. I joined that day and became a budding conspiracy theorist because of what I learned here. I'm not very interested in discussing politics anymore, but there's a LOT more to hang around for.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I was reading a book a while back that had an intresting story (devil of Eudora) about a devil/creature/alien, anyway, it said that investigators where looking into the truth of the incident and it just left it at that.

So I Googled the story and found nothing other than a music track.

So then I typed in Monster sightings and found a link to ATS.
Then I found the Alien/UFO threads.

I lerked for a few months but later joined when I noticed that somebody didnt know what a metaphor was.
I just had to correct them... And ive been here since.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Back in 2003 I was meant to be doing something involving Maths on a computer at school.

Instead I was taking the opportunity to look up UFOs and the paranormal on the internet.

I came across ATS and visted it often ever since, but only just registered last year.

top topics

join