It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very bad experience with attempted out of body experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It started with me laying on my back, eyes closed, just watching the colors float across my mind. Then it was as if I found some steps going downward underneath my eyes and I could slowly go down a step at a time with the colors,patterns and sensations changing each step, but after about 15 minutes I couldn't feel my body, I figured I could force my limbs into motion but it might end the experience so I just allowed my body to fall deeper into paralysis. Things were like that back-ground color purple in the old Pokemon episodes right before a commercial you would have to guess the pokemon by his silhouette, but the back ground was a weird purple. Anyway, eventually my heart began to slow to almost nothing, and I felt as if I could shut down my body completely, but was scared I might not ever wake up again, my heart and breathing were almost non-existent, so I shook myself out of the trance heaving heavily. This is where things get scary. I went to the mirror got some water and 5 minutes later wanted to try it again, despite the fact I was extremely exhausted. But seconds after I closed my eyes, I felt and heard something like soft feathers hit me on the face, very hard, but the texture was so soft it didn't hurt. I opened my eyes and looked around but saw nothing anywhere. I was scared stupid. That night I began a weird dream, it began with me in a big Aladdin like tower in a desert, I was with my family high up in the tower with a balcony facing the desert for hundreds of miles, I could see the makings of an ancient town, only the tops of the buildings could be seen over the horizon. It was very sunny out, but the room was very dark, It had a 1960's feel to it. The whole room was draped in a deep purple, paint, curtains, everything. We were on a sofa adjacent to an old TV watching Bugs Bunny Cartoons..It had a very dark feeling to it, then I hear what sounds like a tidal wave crashing in the distance, I look and see small specks floating around the town hundreds of miles away, a few multi-color lights flicker in the distance and then the whole town exploded in an amazing fashion, the wall of sand of fire was coming towards us as far as the eyes could see in every direction. We balled up and when I opened my eyes, I was in the neighborhood I grew up in, in Philadelphia, my whole family was standing outside the house but my little sister was inside, however the was a giant bridge, x1000 the size of our house directly behind the block of row-homes, It was falling toward my house...

SORRY..SECOND HALF WHEN I COME BACK..IT GETS SO MUCH WORSE, DOUBLE DREAM, FOLLOWED BY SLEEP PARALYSIS AND..IM SCARED JUST REMEMBERING..BE BACK SOON

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Must have been very bad.

It scared the paragraphs out of you!

[edit on 1/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So did the experience scare you away from trying again? Im interested in reading the rest, Im sorry you had a bad experience, I love the astral and OOBEs, but fear will manifest itself if your not careful. One of my first experiences of this nature was utter hell, worse mental despair than I ever imagined was even possible, but it actually motivated me not to give up, because I knew there had to be a positive side of the spectrum too, and if the bad side was that bad, the good side must be great(and my next experience was).

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
CONTINUED....
The house fit right into the H shape of the bridge as it collapsed and we all ran into the house and hugged my sister who was crying hysterically..That's when I awoke, or so I thought..My room was completely dark, except for the silhouette of a small person at the foot of my bed, not hovering over me, it was giving me fair distance, but I couldn't move at all..No weight on my chest, or sound, nothing, just me staring at this figure for what seemed like forever..I noticed the remote next to my hand and was trying to turn on the TV and yell at the same time..after a excruciating internal struggle I managed to shake awake and the figure was gone, so I grabbed the remote to turn on the TV and it was all loud bright static, not the static from cable, but the static from a VHS when it reaches the end of the tape, the really loud kind with the black lines going through it.I couldn't turn it off, so I got up to get out of the room but up was down and left was right..I just bounced against the walls, down the hall to my mothers room but I couldn't speak to wake her, I tried but I couldn't..Finally I let out a yelp and awoke for good this time............
Responding the to question, Yes, I have tried many times including yesterday, but can never do it again, Its hard because I have RLS and a bad back, so comfort is a real issue.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Seems like a "Dweller on the threshold" type of experience.

I keep this in my mind: whatever I got inside of feelings goes OUTSIDE
in the astral dimension, as real objects and metaphors.

Sems like "freedom of the body" for you is an eagle, bird like creature,
but it can bite or smack you because you are not in control (ego again!).

I never got this.... but I think CavemanDD had a much weirder experience,
as a black version o himself coing to get him.... he overcomed that by
saying "You are me and I love you" if im not mistaken.

But the key is figuring out on how to unlock the dweller.
That lesson is up to you, and you only.

Fear is nature best defense.... seems like your "butterfly mind" needs
a little more cocoon time...
be patient and face fear with courage!

RP

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I think you fell asleep and had a nightmare. Now your mind is prepared for any stress like the things in the dream. I would not let this experience stop you from trying again. What does not kill you makes you stronger.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
No, during the day was the OOBE, the dream was at night but I hardly ever dream, and have never "Sleep Paralysis" or a double dream..Let alone all of those things in a 24 hour period with the added addition of a wing slap to the face while being totally awake.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

If you allow a sense of fear or trepidation to grow and if you feel fear over the first sign of a manifestation then you will have a bad time and never achieve the objective you had set yourself.

Either leave your fear behind or face it head on with a genuine smile because to progress any further you must do this or give up. The trick is that within your mind’s eye just open your arms and be one with love (new age fluff yes but new age fluff that works in this context).

Specifically I find that when fear creeps in that ‘blazing’ my heart chakra does the trick and if you do this you may be pleasantly surprised.
I know all about sleep paralysis by the way because as a teenager I used to have this experience on a regular basis and worse I knew it was coming when the ultra real dream of being suspended and stretched to breaking point high above the earth was my recurring nightmare.

The fear of waking to a room hiding a powerful and malevolent ‘alien’ presence used to have me so scared I thought I would die in terror.

Fear is a part of the experience so welcome it, face it and then be one with it!

Of course there is the possibility you were just having a bad dream

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
sounds like you were meditating a little at 1st.

just a bad dream an you let fear get a grip of you.
do as i do.when fear reaches out to you
embrace it and pop a funny hat on it and
just laugh in its face.clown fear

listen to what smokeJaguar has to say.
it's on track.good advice.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
So a lot of you guys have done this and gotten through it to a pleasant experience?

I often, and I mean OFTEN have sleep paralysis. I hammer through it with shear willpoower and wind up scaring the hell out of my wife.

It goes like this everytime:
1. Something "knocks" me awake, and I can feel it behind me. It is sudden, and I can't believe that my wife or kids or dog don't jump up.. I can open my eyes, and I can even move them a little. I 'know" that it is behind me, but I have never seen it.

2. I panic for a second and think of where is my shotgun, where is my bat etc, but I realize that I can't move, and I also begin to rationalize that I am not in any pain, and whatever is behind me doesn't know that I am awake.

3. I slow my breathing I focus all of my energy into one place depending on how I am layhing. If I am tangled or covered, then I focus on my voice, but if I have a free arm, I focus on it. If I am near the edge of the bed, I focus all my energy on rolling out of bed.

4. Once I have devised a plan, and I focus all my energy, I just conjur up all my adrenalin and I give it a go.

Sometimes I throuw myself out of bed, sometimes I whack my wife with my arm, and sometimes I can only mumlbe her name in a scary gurgly voice (she really hates that one).

The worst comes when I do all of my best effort and she refuses to wake up, or I can't get myself to move. When that happens, I have to "give up." I make peace with myself, I pray a simple little prayer to let God guide my wisdom and strength and I just relax back to sleep. It feels like I will never wake up again, but now that I have gone through it many times I know that I will be ok....probably.

I hate this, I really hate this, so if there is a way to meditate or control it, or make it pleasureable, please do advise me.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

you no when you said you get knocked awake
do you hear a loud crack at the same instant?

just asking cos I've had a few of those jumps
but never sleep paralysis.

oh and yes if you can work out that your in a
dream and manage to take control its one of
life's greatest pleasures.you can basically choose
to do and go anywhere your only bound by your
imagination i suppose.

the times i have OOBE i have met people and
interacted with them like in real time.

dreams one of life's great mysteries

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Interesting story but I'm sorry you were so scared. You went real deep by the sound of it. Been there, done that, never got over it, changed everything, petrifying but awesome at the same time.

Was this recent? Reason I ask is it would be great if you could pay attention to any weird physical feelings, strange incidents, dreams or coincidences over the next couple of weeks and post them here. I had a terrifying kundalini experience a week or so after my 'big one'. So bad I nearly phoned an ambulance, lol. Prophetic dreams were fantastic too.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
i dont really understand what you were scared of.

Surely you practice OBE to experience things like this and, to a certain degree, want and expect somethings like this to happen?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

If you are young, do not try this thing - you are not equipped to do it

You can do it when you are older, if you are careful.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
wow.. that sounds like a truly terrifying experience to go through, and i am sorry to hear of the bad time of it. Meditation alone can open many doors and draw around a person many entities, most of which go away if ignored blatently.. but its possible you woke something either within your own mind and being that manifested, or something in the house? did you feel any specific tension with the being at the foot of your bed? a shadow person seems too easily an explination for this whole situation i think..

dont give up though, just learn to protect your body and space while away for any length of time..

best wishes to you..

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
So a lot of you guys have done this and gotten through it to a pleasant experience?

I often, and I mean OFTEN have sleep paralysis. I hammer through it with shear willpoower and wind up scaring the hell out of my wife.

It goes like this everytime:
1. Something "knocks" me awake, and I can feel it behind me. It is sudden, and I can't believe that my wife or kids or dog don't jump up.. I can open my eyes, and I can even move them a little. I 'know" that it is behind me, but I have never seen it.

2. I panic for a second and think of where is my shotgun, where is my bat etc, but I realize that I can't move, and I also begin to rationalize that I am not in any pain, and whatever is behind me doesn't know that I am awake.

3. I slow my breathing I focus all of my energy into one place depending on how I am layhing. If I am tangled or covered, then I focus on my voice, but if I have a free arm, I focus on it. If I am near the edge of the bed, I focus all my energy on rolling out of bed.

4. Once I have devised a plan, and I focus all my energy, I just conjur up all my adrenalin and I give it a go.

Sometimes I throuw myself out of bed, sometimes I whack my wife with my arm, and sometimes I can only mumlbe her name in a scary gurgly voice (she really hates that one).

The worst comes when I do all of my best effort and she refuses to wake up, or I can't get myself to move. When that happens, I have to "give up." I make peace with myself, I pray a simple little prayer to let God guide my wisdom and strength and I just relax back to sleep. It feels like I will never wake up again, but now that I have gone through it many times I know that I will be ok....probably.

I hate this, I really hate this, so if there is a way to meditate or control it, or make it pleasureable, please do advise me.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

I have had sleep paralysis experiences before and I know how incredibly scary they can be. But I learned a nice little trick in these forums that really worked for me!

All you gotta do is try to cough. Since I read about that I've had 2 sleep paralysis experiences and surprisingly I could remember to cough in both, and you know what, it worked! Both times! I "woke up" very easily after trying it.

You should give it a go some time, and I hope it works for you, just concentrate like you said, and start coughing.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Slih_09

Thank You! I will try it. A cough will be much easier on the wife than a whack with a dead arm or a scary drunk mumbly voice trying to pronounce her name, LOL.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah, it's definitely a lot more subtle than those things. =P

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Slih_09

I have tried this a few times but always get scared before stepping off the final step on the stairs. I always feel like my heart is about to stop and I can never get myself to take the plunge when I feel that way. I want to try it with someone around so I don't die. lol.

Is the heart stopping a normal part of the feeling? Your heart doesn't actually stop right?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

What stairs?

I'm not talking about inducing the experience, meditating or anything like that, I'm just saying that I read a tip for when you wake up and find yourself in the middle of a sleep paralysis, trying to cough will end the paralysis and wake you up, it has worked for me.

I'm not sure what are you talking about. =P

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join