It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistle blower to testify on oil spill worst fear:BP deliberately sinks oil with Corexit as cover up

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I live in Saint Louis... every time I drive by a BP station, you would think it has been closed down.. No one is buying thier gas.. and hopefully no one will buying thier bull# lies after the senate hearing.. EVERY COUNTRY treats the USA like were # and I'm tired of it really!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by above

Originally posted by ohioriver
No Americans are not truly stupid! What would you have us do? Our government is out of control and even the most backward redneck here knows it. Should we riot like the Greeks(sarcasm)? We all see how well that turned out. Most Americans are going to fight back through their wallets and votes.
This must be one of the most ignorant posts here

If truly most americans and even the rednecks knew it, then yeah, you should gather up, walk to the white house, and throw them out. When the army/police says no, you take to your guns. You outnumber them 100000:1, so it should not be that hard.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by above]

OK. You first.
(second line)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here Here!
I think every American should grow a pair and get this dealt with. Why oh why are you leaving a foreign corporation to clean this up.

Why oh why do none of you really truly know whats going on. Wow this blows me away!!!
I am so confused and disapointed in the Americans right now.

Don't come back on this post and say what can we do...... That's a total cope out.

It's not just your ocean its everyones!!

For a country that's always boasting about how great your are at this point like the OP's thread says everyones laughing at you.

NOT me I see nothing funny about this total Cluster F**k at all!

Get it together. Impeach, protest by the 100 million I don't care FIX THE LEAK Da**it!

Happy Canada Day ....We may be small but we have control of our government far more then you can ever dream about

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
I am what you could say ground zero. I live in a small town right on the coast about 50 miles away from Panama City, Florida.

Luckily the oil has not hit our shores yet but it's just a matter of time. We are setting up food pantry's, meals-on-wheels services, etc. We have also been deploying booms in a feeble attempt to block the oil. Most of us stuck in the brunt of it are going to be more worried about getting their next meal, feeding their children or having a place to live.

I am taking a proactive stance and have been volunteering with multiple agency's (hopefully I don't get leukemia in the process of cleaning up oil when it does get here). I've also been doing what I can to try to spread awareness about what is really happening. The mood around here is downright fear, our entire way of life is on the brink of being wiped out.

Most peoples homes are not worth what they owe from the real estate crash 2-3 years ago. Now we have this threatening to make our homes worthless. The majority of people are hardworking down to earth people just trying to eek out a living and make sure they have a home for their children and a place to live when they are to old to work any longer.

It seems to me this is just business as usual for most of the country either from ignorance, media black out or downright indifference.

Until this is affecting the masses the majority will be happy with their bread and circuses, munching Cheeto's and watching whatever the latest sitcom is.

Nothing major will happen until this starts to affect the rest of the country.

If this gets worse, if the relief wells fail, if the dispersant's and oil end up having a toxic effect[1] there will be mass migrations, the Gulf Coast may need to be abandoned for quite a long time.

It will be nothing compared to the thousands fleeing the dust bowl. Which was one of the facilitators of the Great Depression. This will cause the Greatest Depression America has ever known.

When fugees are pouring into the happy Cheeto munching community's in mass competing for already meager jobs and housing then something will happen, then the masses may get off the couch.

Let us all pray those relief well's work and the dispersant's are as benign as they say (scoff).

1. FEMA- Tampa Bay Evacuation Plans

[edit on 1-7-2010 by lucentenigma]

I congratulate you in your work on a local level, people in your community will value your help.

This is what makes a community strong and survive. Please do be careful of the clear up, I do not think it is safe without proper protection. I understand that people are afraid, trying to find news on a local level from the UK is like looking for hens teeth. Are you getting any kind of help in the form of info, leaflets through your door etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
so ummm did he testify yet?

i'd like to see where this goes

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
They use Corexit because the spill is of such magnitude that surface skimming would take too long, so rather fight the poison with another just to make it go away quicker,making things even more complicated....

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BANANAMONTANA
I congratulate you in your work on a local level, people in your community will value your help.

This is what makes a community strong and survive. Please do be careful of the clear up, I do not think it is safe without proper protection. I understand that people are afraid, trying to find news on a local level from the UK is like looking for hens teeth. Are you getting any kind of help in the form of info, leaflets through your door etc.

Thanks, I'm not looking for recognition but I do have the urge to do something. I can't just sit back and watch as our community is on the brink of being destroyed. So many people feel powerless in their lives when really there are many things they can do to make a difference.

As far as info being spread there is virtually nothing to the general public other then MSM and local news which seems to tow the same line.

It's a small town so the main source of info is word of mouth.

The only info I have seen publicly is a flyer hanging on a grocery store bulletin board. It's for BP's vessels of opportunity program. They're recruiting anyone with a boat to work for them. Many of these fishermen lack an education and are having trouble feeding their family's so a paycheck from BP does not sound so bad to them. Unfortunately many of them unknowingly could be gambling with their lives and health cleaning up this toxic mess.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Are they waiting for the oil to hit their shores before they smack Obama in the head? Cause he won't listen to the American People.

I just ADORE how you people are trying to make this Obama's fault. Tell me, on what authority could the president stop BP from using corexit? Magical authority? even the EPA has no jurisdiction out there.

Its called the National Security Act. Obama can do what ever he wants and not one country can tell him squat. He could seize the whole BP operation right now if he wanted too. I think every nation besides England would praise that move right now if it were not for the EU treaty.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This guy needs to seek asylum like the wikileak's founder and go under the radar for a few months, his life is in obvious danger. But people won't bat an eyelash if he does turn up dead as it happens often, same goes for all key JFK assanation witnesses and 9/11 witnesses

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

And the EPA says No big deal?

wait, when did the epa say it was 'no big deal'?

my understanding was they told bp to stop using it and bp told them to go bugger off because they have no jurisdiction that far out at sea, which is true. the Coast Guard is the only agency with any legal authority out there other than BP, and i dont think they dictate enviro. regulation. yes, they released a study recently downplaying the toxicity' but they have NOT said it;s "No Big Deal". Big difference, and the hyperbole does little to educate people.

when you go around blaming the 'Government" it might be best to understand the legal regulations at work. In this 'spill', the coast guard is the only government agency with any legal precedent to make decisions. if this was on land, the EPA would have some say.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by justadood]

Sources please?

We do have jurisdiction out there, if we had no jurisdiction why did BP have to apply for permits to drill there?

You do realize that Deepwater Horizon was drilling only 41 miles off the coast of Louisiana[1] don't you?.

International waters are marked at 12 nautical miles but an exclusive economic zone extends (EEZ) 200 miles[2].

This is to protect ours interest including pollution and mineral rights.

A coastal nation has control of all economic resources within its exclusive economic zone, including fishing, mining, oil exploration, and any pollution of those resources.[2]

The federal Government in whole has complete authority over waters up until the high seas which are anything beyond 200 nautical miles[3].

Within its EEZ, the coastal nation has sovereign rights for the purpose of exploring, exploiting, conserving, and managing living and nonliving resources, whether found in ocean waters, the seabed, or subsoil. It also has jurisdiction over artificial islands or other structures with economic purposes.

The federal government retains the power to regulate commerce, navigation, power generation, national
defense, and international affairs throughout state waters[3].

The Federal government has all the right they need to take control of this disaster. Your attempt to absolve Obama and the government of it's responsibility is either intentionally trying to spread disinformation or from your ignorance on the subject.

1. en.wikipedia.org...
2. en.wikipedia.org...
3.oceancommission.gov...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Who cares blah blah blah!

I'm now going to try and read another 6 billion BP threads that have popped up over night! OH JOY

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Check out this movie 'Gasland' for some EPA insight (and more inland eco destruction and madness):

Gasland - Movie

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma

Originally posted by BANANAMONTANA

Thanks, I'm not looking for recognition but I do have the urge to do something. I can't just sit back and watch as our community is on the brink of being destroyed. So many people feel powerless in their lives when really there are many things they can do to make a difference.

As far as info being spread there is virtually nothing to the general public other then MSM and local news which seems to tow the same line.

It's a small town so the main source of info is word of mouth.

The only info I have seen publicly is a flyer hanging on a grocery store bulletin board. It's for BP's vessels of opportunity program. They're recruiting anyone with a boat to work for them. Many of these fishermen lack an education and are having trouble feeding their family's so a paycheck from BP does not sound so bad to them. Unfortunately many of them unknowingly could be gambling with their lives and health cleaning up this toxic mess.

This is what sickens me on so many levels, people need to put food on the table and this B$£"%^&S are recruiting people without heed for health. Where is all the aid? is there nothing. I live in the UK and nothing on news unless you look for it. ie Russian TV, Al jazeera english, Press TV etc on the net put looking for local press.

Is anyone on this board willing to help design some leaflets to at least inform people of some of the potential health risks?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

And the EPA says No big deal?

wait, when did the epa say it was 'no big deal'?

my understanding was they told bp to stop using it and bp told them to go bugger off because they have no jurisdiction that far out at sea, which is true. the Coast Guard is the only agency with any legal authority out there other than BP, and i dont think they dictate enviro. regulation. yes, they released a study recently downplaying the toxicity' but they have NOT said it;s "No Big Deal". Big difference, and the hyperbole does little to educate people.

when you go around blaming the 'Government" it might be best to understand the legal regulations at work. In this 'spill', the coast guard is the only government agency with any legal precedent to make decisions. if this was on land, the EPA would have some say.

You are correct that they where told to switch and they didn't. The funny thing is that the news media never questioned why BP didn't change when the govt. told them too. Also I think that there is some backroom deal that's been done over the decades that make liability very low in regard to oil wells that drill in the gulf as long as they pay the taxes/royalties to the US govt..

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I posted something similar to this around a month ago. Have to say to the open minded ones on here its been pretty obvious since BP started using Corexit 9500. Why else do you think they would use this?

People panic less if they cant see the doom and gloom.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i've stated this 50 days ago, that BP was only interested in

A) Harvesting as much of the Oil as possible for profit

B) Creating measures to "limit" or try to control the Oil coming out of the well and not focusing on actually disabling the well from spuing Oil.

C) Had no intention ever of destroying the well, as profit and loss is their only sole interest, with the environmental effects of little to no concern of BP

D) all of the above.

the Answer is D) all of the above. BP is the true face of greed and profit, brought out into the light. THIS IS WHO AND WHAT THESE CORPORATIONS ACTUALLY ARE! REMEMBER THEM, THESE CREDIT CORPORATIONS, THESE BANKS, THESE SCUM, THESE PARASITIC VAMPIRIC SLUGS.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by Brainiac]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
For all those who are boycotting BP gas stations, you might want to realize that you are not hurting BP one bit by doing so.

BP the gas station is not the same as BP the company. By boycotting BP the gas station, you are only hurting the small business owner and your own local economy. "BP" the name is franchised. The majority of BP gas stations are privately owned. They are under contract to carry the BP name.

As an example, we can take the name "Penthouse" which most of us know as the adult magazine. There are also "Penthouse Clubs" which are strip clubs located all across the USA. "Penthouse" has nothing to do with the "Penthouse Club". The clubs are privately owned and the owners pay for use of the "Penthouse" name.

If you really want to hurt BP the oil giant, you shut down all their rigs, you boycott all their investments, and you boycott any company that helps to fund BP drilling. Boycotting BP the local gas station is imply foolish and does nothing to BP the Oil Giant.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Did this whistle blower ever testify?

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Zeptepi]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I've made mention of this before, when the dispersant will just sink the oil, and BP will then say there, we cleaned it up, no more oil floating onto the beaches *evil grin*

Unfortunately shrimp, bottom feeding fish, and oysters will be inedible for the next hundred years

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Fighting back with votes? Do you mean vote for the Republicans next time?
If so, whats the difference, they are both controlled by the same controllers to give you the illusion of choice (2 flavours of the same s*#t)
The system is so corrupt that it doesn't matter who you vote for.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join