It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some advice ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I have been coming on this website for about a month or so now and I think it is AWESOME! I feel I need some advice on something...

I have some friends that are working down in Naples (Florida), which is about 5 min from the shoreline, for an Irrigation Company, so there always outside. I asked my one friend over facebook if he has been sick at all or any of the other guys have gotten sick. He said my one friend (Nick) had a soar throat and headache that lasted about three days. Then my friend, Gunnar, who I was messaging with, said he had a soar throat and a headache too. All of them are coming back up here to Illinois for the 4th of July weekend, thankfully. However my one friend is staying down there to work because he does not want to pay for the cost of a plane ticket, and I have been posting threads from this site onto his Facebook account to try and warn him to get the * outta there. Sadly, none of my friends take me seriously when I tell him there are going to be bad times down there and there sickness could be due to the high methane levels and other bad chemicals that are floating about.

Anywho, I was wondering what you guys think....Am I going overboard with this at all or what? Should I tell my friend whose staying down there that the cost of the plane ticket back might actually be worth it.

This is my first thread all BTW

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Nice to meet you, friend.

I think you have asked the million-dollar question we all want the answer to.

Welcome aboard ATS. It's the best.

Let's find out the truth together.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
All you can do is tell him and it's up to him if he leaves.A lot of people will think your crazy if you tell them weird stuff that they are not used to,i told my ex wife that we should run to the hills and live in a treehouse,it didn't go down to well

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by teeroyj3nkins

Well, all you can do is give them good information. Information that is confirmable via their own research. Then it is up to them.

Oh, and welcome.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Work in a factory, and get exposed to some crap and feel weezy,....

Work paving a road in the summer, and get exposed to something and get weezy,...

Work in a repair shop and get exposed and get weezy,.....

Work cleaning up bio hazards or oil soaked beaches,.. and get weezy,....

Get a collage degree and get a air conditioned job in your own cubicle or if you are lucky, your own office.....

It is your choice. Make it YOUR choice.

Work smart.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by smirkley]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I agree that if would be beneficial for your friends to get out of there, at least for a little while. However, so many people like to figure things out on their own and do not like to take advice. I suppose all you can really do is hope and pray(if you are religious) for their safety.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I think a good start would be finding correlative levels of casualty regarding the '79 Intox spill...there may be different factors at play here in the modern day but the precedent could provide some insight...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Try reading through these and at least getting them to monitor the air quality on a daily basis:

Why evacuations in the Gulf WILL be necessary, and soon: poison gas clouds

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gulf spill: is the methane a bigger problem than the oil?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well I wouldn't fear monger to much.

People get sore throats and colds this time of the year,even if there is nothing happening.

Work outside and then go into a air conditioned building to cool off will cause it.

Most places with air conditioning have crappy filters that never get changed or cleaned.

They need to stay there.

At least they don't have to worry about tornadoes throwing all their possessions all over.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Maybe if you have the capacity offer him a place to stay, hed go, perhaps he doesnt want to waste his money on something that wont be a permanent solution, I mean if he has to go back after vacations up..
They should get out of there if they can, but for good.
Yes I am certain they will die from exposure to whats going on there. All the Exxon Valdez workers are dead and this is much much much worse.

new topics

top topics

join