It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question why does the US want a piece of iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
could somebody please tell me why the US seems hell bent on invadeing or going to war with iran. now i am not a person that follows politics that closely but i would of thought i would of heard something or some reason from the media. I dont claim to know a great deal about iran either except its supposed to be the birthplace of humanity/religeon.
The images i have seen of iran show a cosmopolitan and picturesque country not some mud huts and dusty roads.
so why, could it be oil, precious minerals or some thing else?
this is a sincere question so please any help would be appreciated

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My guess would be oil. The same reason for Afghanistan and Iraq.

If memory serves me, wasn't there a pipe line run through Afghanistan towards Israel?

Link em all up.

Whatever the reason may be, its damn sure not "to prevent Iran from gaining nooklulur bombs"

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Iran? Maybe its yehmen theyre really there for, theres a thread just started, the ark of the covenant? Interesting.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

you think the ark may be linked with this 2012 stuff?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The money and power from this vast oilfield would give whoever controls it a great weapon against the US. This is the weapon of mass destruction. The location of Iran is also of strategic importance to keeping the third world as slaves to America.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Could be oil, could be to neutralize a threat of nuclear arms in the hands of a crazy leader, or it could be the strategic intention of controlling the area because it is truly and literally at the center of the middle east, with so many points of interest around it's borders including Caspian Sea, Persian Gulf, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Iran is huge also, so their may be more resources than just oil, ie minerals and metals.
Stargates? hee hee
I would lean toward a strategic center for the middle east all in all.

Peace

[edit on 30-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Osama is there of course! DUH

No seriously, its allways about oil. Been about oil since the first Iraq war in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Iran is of strategic importance and the other reason is keeping a stable petro dollar. And the American/Israeli partnership brings mutual benefits...

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Haven't you noticed? the US attacks anyone Israel deems to be a threat. It certainly isn't in the best interest of the US to attack, destroy and occupy Middle East countries.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I agree with the strategic control of the area.

What better way to keep the "re-surging" economies of Russia and China down than by controlling the pipelines of precious commodities from the middle east?
If you can cripple transportation and production of petroleum based products, you can keep the economies dancing at the end of the puppet strings.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

I was thinking a lot sooner than 2012?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

if it is about oil , is that what the american people want? to go to war over a fossil fuel when there is plenty of alternatives!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

have i missed out on another imminent catastrophic event?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Im not too sure, what do you think? I get griefed everytime i mention what i think

Maybe you should roll your eyes over my thread regarding SA World Cup?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Then drop back here and see how it pans out? What with the oil spill and the hurricane and all the rest thats going on, its not exactly a welcoming advert to a bright and sunny future is it?
I`d safely say that we have took the piss for a bit too long now, now its time to reap what we sew.
Would you agree?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
first of all don't confuse the US Government
with the US People.

The US People do not want a war with Iran.
The US Government does.

As far as a reason goes: my speculation is it
has something to do with Israel's conquest
to destroy her enemies.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Most likely for the natural resources, mainly oil and natural gas.

Natural resources:

petroleum,
natural gas,
coal,
chromium,
copper,
iron ore,
lead,
manganese,
zinc,
sulfur

www.cia.gov...

Iran ranks second in the world in natural gas reserves and third in oil reserves.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
not sure about the wc connection but what does surprise me is that all the top tipped teams were out in the first round. i have growing ever more sceptical of the media . if some good happens to someone then they dig the dirt, why?they also refuse to let go of stories or sensationalise them.
looking on ATS it looks like the US are increasing troop numbers etc possibly while the worlds media are concentrateing on the world cup.
As for ufo's im sorry but im still sitting on the fence

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Top tipped teams? Take a look at the tennis and remember woods? As for the rest of your reply i totally agree,

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

so why are isreal and america so close

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I stick with the old addage

"he who controls the ME controls the world"

Given all the oil and stuff that's more true today than when it was coined, and Iran is smack bang in the middle of it all..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join