It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar should be replaced as international standard, U.N. report says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Dollar should be replaced as international standard, U.N. report says

www.cnn.com

New York (CNN) -- The dollar is an unreliable international currency and should be replaced by a more stable system, the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs said in a report released Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Here we go again.. More international pushing for a global currency.. To most of us on ATS, we clearly predicted this a long time ago with the corrupt banking system pushing for more power/control/wealth by globalizing their currency.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
And of course it will be an electronic currency.

Not only is it easier to know what people are up to, but it also saves the elite from carrying heavy suitcases and transporting their money on pallets.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I had already started a thread about this a while ago.....does anyone here use the search feature on this site anymore before posting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

...And that's already started.. Credit/Debit Cards.. No-cash-exchange has been increasing over the years.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Yeah, electronic money will be great huh? How do you buy a bag of herbs with a credit card?
How do you lay down a bet with your friends throwing dice in the alley with electric money?
Has anyone noticed all the TV commercials about buying gold of late? Why do you think this is? I will agree, the dollar has went the way of the dinosaur, but me thinks we do now want electronic money for our cash standard. We need something more tangible to hold in our hands and pockets.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
I had already started a thread about this a while ago.....does anyone here use the search feature on this site anymore before posting.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is BREAKING NEWS.... Sorry if it seems like I am repeating this, but if you READ the link, it does say that this Report was released this past Tuesday (yesterday).

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
where exactly does the article say anything about a global currency?
they just say they want to dump USD as the standard currency for international trades, and replace it with something else... that could mean any other currency in the world, EUR, GBP, anything...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Naphariel

People just jump to that conclusion because there has been talk of a one world currency before. I don't think that is coming without some serious turmoil (and mean nuclear war here). Many countries will not be willing to take on the economic hardship of the others which is what a one world currency would effectively do. A lot of the reserve currency talk is just that-talk. With the Euro getting hit, I don't see a switch anytime soon. Unless the dollar starts doing some really hard farting. In which case i'mma call the news and get a camera team over here.

Furthermore, electronic only is not coming until we have dedicated power facilities in all parts of the globe. No one is going to leave their money up to chance. When the lights are out you can't use a credit card. RFID is not a feasible technology either as they are passively powered devices. You'd have to have readers everywhere and you'd have to hope the lights never went out.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is BREAKING NEWS.... Sorry if it seems like I am repeating this, but if you READ the link, it does say that this Report was released this past Tuesday (yesterday).

Not bursting my bubble any. I READ the link...and it is hardly breaking news since I posted about it in April!.....your source which is CNN...not surprising that they are just regurgitating old news. Hence my statement about using the search feature first.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Not bursting my bubble any. I READ the link...and it is hardly breaking news since I posted about it in April!.....your source which is CNN...not surprising that they are just regurgitating old news. Hence my statement about using the search feature first.

If you READ the link, then you would of learned that the UN Report was JUST released yesterday... Not April..... Yesterday..

Yes, the UN has been talking about this for a while now, BUT my thread is actually about an official report that was released about the matter.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Again I have READ link as stated before. It's your choice to start a whole other thread rather than adding to an already existing thread about the subject. I will leave you to your redundancy then.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

And the beginning of the end for the arrogance of the mighty US, I can hear it now, you are told everything is fine but as you can see (probably not for most) the rest of the world have no faith in the US economy anymore and more importantly the rest of the word can see the collapse coming.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Good good , this is what we need , abandoning the dollar with rid us from demonic american empire of blood lust and democide.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think it's a good idea, i dislike the entire banking system but as far as having a global reserve currency that is not the dollar...i see no problem with it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
Good good , this is what we need , abandoning the dollar with rid us from demonic american empire of blood lust and democide.

UNLESS the same people are behind the "global currency"

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Here we go again.. More international pushing for a global currency.. To most of us on ATS, we clearly predicted this a long time ago with the corrupt banking system pushing for more power/control/wealth by globalizing their currency.

I personally don't see how standardizing currency, anymore than standardizing time or distance or wrench sizes, can help one group of people over another. I mean, money market traders will be out of a job, of course. But otherwise...

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

... then you would of learned that the UN Report was JUST released yesterday... Not April..... Yesterday..

Yes, the UN has been talking about this for a while now, BUT my thread is actually about an official report that was released about the matter...

yes indeed the deliberating bodies such as the UN... will issue 'reports'

which are obviously too late...but thats the nature of the beast,
'Study Groups/ Reports/ White Papers' are all types of 'Pass-the-buck'
committee situations that only CYA of the status seeking entities...

they actually expect nothing to be done - other than to recognize that an investigation was warrented

these Elites and other types of 'global elect' are not worth the grains of powder to send them off to their 'reward' in an afterlife...

Uh Oh, did i spill the (castor) beans?
or else the white Anthrax powder that can be home-grown?
oh-hell...im now on a homeland-security terrorist list...
OMG!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

UNLESS the same people are behind the "global currency"

If you believe that's the case then why does it matter to you exactly? Is it simply because it's not the dollar that you are getting upset?

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well I'll do everything I can to avoid them ever getting this done! Thanks for the heads up though. S&F. This would be a double victory for the NWO most likely. It would further drag down the American economy and allow them to further track everybody and add to their nice little data collection on everybody. I myself recently despite the annoyanceand extra work of it, closed my bank accounts and cut up every card I had. Now I only deal with cash and I'm gonna keep it that way!

I know some people won't be able to take it this far but if ya have to have an account or a loan keep it to the minimum. Only use loans for your homes or maybe car but otherwise do your best to stay debt free and only use small local banks or use a credit union if u must!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join