It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 28, 2010 -- Gulf state emergency preparedness agencies confirm mass evacuation plans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
An evacuation? Before disaster or after disaster like during Katrina? Looks like just another chance for FEMA and the FED to waste billions of dollars and still end up screwing those they act like they are helping. If it comes out years from now that this disaster was done on purpose it will not surprise me. After all: WHO GAINS? That's where we need to start looking.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Also end of the current Government, because you can't have such a massive failure in leadership

I would really like to believe this. An end to government in general..

I can dream can't I?

I disagree though.. government has been a massive failure for almost a hundred years, I don't see how this will change any of that.

Move past governing or prepare for the world to continue down the path of it's destruction.

What will make this an actuality is this: The only reason the masses haven't revolted yet is for fear of the loss of their way of life. As bad as things get, most people will grumble a bit and eventually concede because as long as they can grill out and drink a beer at the end of the day, their way of life is preserved. This event takes that away. When you have no way of life left, then there's nothing to stop people.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I've read my way through this forum and felt dismayed at times at the catty bickering that many of you seem to want to get involved in. Surely this site is for informative, hopefully substantiated, intelligent, and where possible, factual, discussion?

NONE of us know the real facts, so its up to us to provide what good information we have, whether factual or just intelligent observation and thought... not a series of finger pointing at ATS members and bitchiness.

Facts so far seem to be:

1. We aren't being told the truth
2. We never will be
3. There IS a massive oil leak and it continues to leak anywhere from
5,000-100,000 barrels a day. (More likely the latter).
4. They can't or won't stop the leak (I believe 'can't')
5. Corexit IS highly toxic and less effective as other dispersants
6. Corexit simply reduces the oil on the surface, thus hiding the true
magnitude of the leak to date, and stemming panic.
7. Corexit & the other toxins mixed from the leak WILL poison the sea and
those on land - and not just on the coast.
8. Corexit will enter the precipitation cycle and rain will be toxic - I'm in
the UK and have Icelandic sulphur deposits on my car!
9. The full extent of the damage from these toxins may not be evident
tomorrow, but in 5 - 10 years time, many people will be ill as a result of
the leak today (logical reasoning on my part).
10. If it's going to result in evacuation, it won't be notified by way of a
2 week warning, it'll be wake up in the morning to the military banging
at your door!
11. To give advance warning will simply create panic.
12. The methane problem is real given the scientists comments.
13. The potential fallout from this will change mankind's attitude towards
money and oil, and we will enter post 2012 with a desire to be more
in tune with our environment, or... no one will change and mass
population reductions will be necessary as the planet cannot hold 7
billion materialistic and destructive bi-peds.

Watch, read, explore, weigh up and know that somewhere in the middle of denial and scaremongering lies the truth.

FACT: Man has abused the planet and destroyed a massive % of it in just 100 years.... We are like a plague and what we are about to receive is what we brought upon ourselves.

It maybe too late, but for those with a positive belief, this could be the beginning of a new world... We just need to WAKE UP and ACT.

Oh how very tragic there's a need for this forum to exist at all. The corporations, banks and governments are only interested in power and wealth... We, and all other living creatures are simply the pawns in their game!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Have no fear. TPTB will not let a good crisis go to waste.

After reading that washington post article, it finally confirms what we all here at ATS have already known for weeks on end. And it's terrifying to me.

My husband recently got back from moving his Aunt. I cannot say where from for the sake of privacy, but my husband is very ill and has a cough. He says his lungs have been burning, and this was just from going to help with the community and get his Aunt out of there.

She is 82 years old. Born there, grew up there, worked, married, had children, volunteered... and as my husband drove her out she sobbed and sobbed.

You all want to know what she said? "When I die, where will I be laid? I won't ever be home again".

She knows that this is the end of the line for her, and all she ever wanted was to be laid to rest next to her husband, and the people she knew. My blood boils.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I sure don't know where all of the people will go if they execute a mass evacuation. I was living in the Oakland area in California during Katrina. They put up hundreds in the hotels downtown. Some immediately went to work at odd low paying jobs to get stable, some trashed their hotel rooms and caused alot of trouble, and many good people who were still looking for work and their govt issued money cards ran out... were all eventually put to the high road once their time ran out at the hotels. We saw it with our own eyes one evening. An entire family out on the curb with their bags. They had to get on a greyhound and go to family elsewhere.
This will be a HUGE mess... again. I feel very lucky to be living far from the cities right now. And that is not an insult upon anyone.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

You have correctly written how the situation is atm 100% agree with your post

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Evacuations? No. My 1st cousin along with there 12 person family lives in a beach front home right on the edge of mississippi. I talk to them daily. They have no National Guard around the area, no military what so ever. They even said BP has cleared out of their area. Sooo. If the hardest hit area isn't already evacuated, what makes you think the text of a personal opinion made by a Wiki worker is right?

Your post is ignored because it doesn't fit in with the apocalyptic fantasies of most of the posters.

I find it shocking that ATS is allowing all these ridiculous threads that eventually link to something you have to pay for ( Oil emergnacy DVD anyone?)

There isn't going to be a mass evacuation, just like there wasn't a mass immunization for Swine Flu, just like SARS didn't kill us all, Just like Y2K didn't put us back to the stone age, just like Blossom's alien friends didn't land on the Whitehouse lawn, just like the rapture hasn't happened on "fill in the date", just like there hasn't been any goat farts..................

And before I hear the inevitable "You're in the UK, what do you know" response..I was raised in the Tampa area, lived for a couple of years in Gulfport and my family is stilll happily living on the Gulf Coast with absolutley NO indications to the contrary.

There will be NO evacuations and advising people to leave is irresponsible and immoral.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Thanks relaxfreedom.

From where I'm sitting, it seems the BP live feeds are all but over. Skandi ROV 2 seems to show the same camera angle of the continuing leak, assuming it's a live feed and not a loop, and all the others are showing nothing, or next to nothing... Not sure what that implies, but it's a fact that without them, we have nothing to monitor and we'll simply become 'blind' as with all those waiting on the mainstream media reports.

Worse still, this site could be shut down and youtube compromised. Oh boy, thank god for these two sites and lets hope we can continue discussing and exposing what we can to the world.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
[Quote] There isn't going to be a mass evacuation, just like there wasn't a mass immunization for Swine Flu, just like SARS didn't kill us all, Just like Y2K didn't put us back to the stone age, just like Blossom's alien friends didn't land on the Whitehouse lawn, just like the rapture hasn't happened on "fill in the date", just like there hasn't been any goat farts..................

And before I hear the inevitable "You're in the UK, what do you know" response..I was raised in the Tampa area, lived for a couple of years in Gulfport and my family is stilll happily living on the Gulf Coast with absolutley NO indications to the contrary.

There will be NO evacuations and advising people to leave is irresponsible and immoral.

I think you need to read much more than you have my friend. I have read and watched stacks of info on here and youtube and evacuation IS a possibility.

And just to give you the benefit of the doubt and you are right that there will be 'NO evacuation', then it will be because it's easier to let people die, whether now, or slowly over an number of months/years, rather than risk evacuation panic, that will definately follow such actions.

As for your folks in the gulf. I hope they log on to this site for info, and don't rely on the local or national media - because it won't give them anywhere near the truth - and that's a fact!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
CEMA stands for Colorado Emergency Management Association. Cal-EMA is the name of the California agency. You really believe this? Madsen can't even get the name of the agency right.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Well you are wrong on the swine flu point............All seasonal flu shots will have the swine flu vaccine mixed in it this fall.................

Now the CDC/Gov are considering manditory vaccines for all with no exceptions...........this will be an easy google search......

As far as "pay for sites" or those that promote fear to sell there DVD or other I totally agree with you......

Thats why I asked for some poster to debunk or find info that would place Mr Madsen in the doomer blogger catagory.......

A few posters have spouted off about him but non have provided information that would totally discredit him and his report...........

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I love this site and youtube and some others it give me totally different prospective on world event, allows me to come to my own conclusion based on other people opinions, judgments rather than msm
Kinda like opened my eyes on the world around me
What I can see is but this only my opinion is that are whole global system is based on profits nothing more nothing less from the banks to pharma industry etc
hence why we have a major oil gusher in the GOM all in the name OF profit and how much money can we make !! and if the poo hits the fan lets cover it up as much as possible so that are reputation isnt so damaged that way we save a shovel load of money

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
pause at 2;05
tell me what u see
there ar at least 5 clues that tell u what 2 be expected can u find them all??
well il give u a hint
a giant deadly mist or cloud
a huge tsunami flooding
all the water and food 2 go bad
deadly toxic rain
get it??

[edit on 30-6-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

You are correct in Cal-EMA.......

www.oes.ca.gov...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

This video is blocked in the US????

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
An anonymous source inside the US Army Corps of Engineers has told me that no plans are in place.

I know that this is not FEMA, but if ANY other division of the US Federal Government would be aware of these supposed "impending plans", it would be the US Army Corps of Engineers.
I am not trying to disprove anything here.
Only deny ignorance all while giving you the word from an "official" anonymous inside source.

What was told to me is that the economic ramifications would be too devastating.
I was told that much more money and research is better spent on containing the spill.
We must all keep in mind that ALL of the media controlled information that we receive, and therefore experience "first hand", is propaganda, in some form or another.

It is learning without actually engaging in a behavior.
This is classic Behavioral-Cognitive Psychology, Albert Bandura.

TPTB have an interest in maintaining the status quo.
This benefits them and it always has.

We already live in the supposed NWO/"police state".

We have been living under a federal mandated martial law state of emergency since 1868...
Look at the gold fringe around every flag found in every government institution.
Find out what it means.
Find out what type of flag Eisenhower declared this to be in 1950.
Find out how many flags represent the loose union of republics known as "America".

What is happening is a slippery slope giving ultimate control to the executive branch.
Always remember that the things that matter happen slowly.

Things that shock you, like the pipeline, 9/11, etc....
They are here to make your behaviors, values, and lifestyles more malleable towards that what benefits those who have power.
See Naomi Klein with "Shock Doctrine".

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

I have read and watched stacks of info on here and youtube and evacuation IS a possibility.

Yeah well I've been on ATS for a long time and I can assure that I have read quite a bit, and not even ONCE has one of the multitude of predictions ever panned out.

Do you realize that ATS is a business, it's not a charity here to "help" you?
Do you realize that you are a demographic? ATS is a place that the sellers of fear ply their trade.
Do you realize there is a whole sub culture of "disaster junkies"? You can recognize them, they post unsubstaniated drivel about oil volcanos and seafloor collapses.

There are nuggets of truth here, but you have to dig through lots of garbage to get to them. Sadly,the quality threads, the ones that discuss REAL conspiracies are overlooked in favour of "forced vaccinations" and "mass evacuations" and "fema camps" and "reptilian overlords" Sad, that.

We all agree for the most part that TPTB have used fear for a long time to control us. Fear of terrorism to get us to agree to draconian laws, fear of drugs to have us agree to barbaric justice system policies...ect;

ATS is no different. It's just another tool to spread fear for profit.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

............All seasonal flu shots will have the swine flu vaccine mixed in it this fall.................

Now the CDC/Gov are considering manditory vaccines for all with no exceptions...........this will be an easy google search

Flu shots are NOT mandatory and never will be. I'll come back and apologize if I'm wrong. I'm not worried.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Where do that many people evacuate to?

I guess they could fill up Detroit?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Relaxfreedom

It IS a great place to get different perspectives.

Money is not the root of evil...it's the LOVE of money which makes people vulnerable to the hungry ghosts inside that can never be fed enough.
Corporations/profit in and of themselves are not evil, but it is when corporations put profits above safety, as has happened in this case. When corporations use their power to make rules in their favor, exposing citizens to harm, then that is the root of their evil.

reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I liked how you gathered the info on WM. I've read him over the years. He puts info out there. His info is like what's under the iceberg, but one still has to know what's exposed on top. People still need to get info from a variety of sources to begin with.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join