It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP spill and Revelation 9..."and their power was to hurt men five months."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Whatever these locusts are, their effect is that they make people want to die. It's about despair. Is it that bad?

the locusts have faces of man set out to hurt man and came from the "country" bottomless pit.

Iran war rings a bell and they came from the USA where the pit resides.

Shiz man I need to go back to church.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

Pehaps when toxic rain/oil/dispersant starts falling on the southern U.S. population, many will wish they would die rather than suffer a horrible slow painful death. Or I could be wrong. I guess it's a toss up...

Be that as it may, I'd rather be here than Philadelphia...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Signs warning us we are close to the end, and knowing when it will be, are two different thing's.
It seems we are pretty much saying the same thing....just in our own ways?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj

the locusts have faces of man set out to hurt man and came from the "country" bottomless pit.

actually it's 'faces of men, hair like women, and teeth like lions.'

The Merovingians were referred to as the "long haired kings". Some sources imply that long hair was a distinction of the aristocracy. They were also said to be sorcerer kings. They were the Frankish kings of Gaul from c.500-752 and are the root of all the Royal Houses of Europe.

Could it be that the locusts (locusta=poisoners) who have the 'faces of men and hair of women' are from this line of long-haired kings who have held and transferred their dynastic power down through the generations?

As for the 'teeth of lions'...search out their heraldry and coat of arms for the armed lions.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
one needs to remember what revelation's stated purpose is, that is to be a revelation of Jesus Christ. I would tend to stay away from interpretations of scripture that split off of this purpose.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ApacheChief
one needs to remember what revelation's stated purpose is, that is to be a revelation of Jesus Christ. I would tend to stay away from interpretations of scripture that split off of this purpose.

And won't you be surprised when you find it's just another group of (Freemason Illuminati) who claim to speak on "His" behalf...just the same way they have presumed to speak "on behalf" of his father, "God".

Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss.

Religion has been based on superstition and fear. It is falling apart. Now they have to play tag team and bring in a new concept (the "Christ Consciousness" group) that will appeal to the masses. But first, they need a smaller compliant group to work with----hence, depopulation and "salvation" of the obedient and ignorant.

They will change the tactics of religion to appear benevolent and eco-conscious. Everyone will "forget" about it's misdeeds of war mongering and lies. Religion is a corporate industry. It will wash it's face to suit the times.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Perhaps the Author of Revelation saw what he suspected were locusts but was actually the mixture of "toxic rain" that might make landfall when a hurricane comes.....

I could see how he couldn't understand what something black was raining from the sky....His best explanation was likely a cloud of locusts that descend on the earth.

That translation is interesting as well.

[edit on 7/2/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan
Perhaps the Author of Revelation saw what he suspected were locusts but was actually the mixture of "toxic rain" that might make landfall when a hurricane comes.....

I could see how he couldn't understand what something black was raining from the sky....His best explanation was likely a cloud of locusts that descend on the earth.

That translation is interesting as well.

[edit on 7/2/10 by ElijahWan]

Revelation speaks about "blood and ice" falling from the sky. Hail and oil perhaps.

Rev 7:8
(KJV)
7The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
i don't wear the seal of god and i don't want to die.

Well you had better speak to someone about this, soon.

PM me if you wish

EDIT: I don't believe we are at the trumpets, yet. We're busy watching the trailer, for the main event. It will get worse.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by harryhaller]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
To even be "watching" and trying to discern events today in light of Biblical prophecy is commendable and should be encouraged,along with much prayer to be led by the Holy Spirit in doing so.

I'm sure as time goes on,much more will be revealed!

"God gave the prophecies, not to gratify men's curiosity by
enabling them to foreknow things, but that after they were
fulfilled they might be interpreted by the event, and His own
providence, not the interpreter's, be thereby manifested to
the world."
... Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)

I love these types of threads where new insights and interpretations can be gleaned!

S&F

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
www.courthousenews.com...

This is a news story about one of the owners of Scorpion. He tried to buy a valuable sculpture for 12 million euro(s), two men talked the owner out of selling it to him, and he turns around and sues them for 40 million euro(s)! What a straight shooter....

On topic, however, I must say that I believe it will happen exactly as it is written, but, like all prophecy, will occur and be apparent as it occurs.

However, for the question about the seal, I think the answer about knowledge of God (frontal lobe=acceptance of Him and His ways) is the seal, only visible to those who do His will from the other side, if you get my meaning.

Some Scriptures that make things a bit clearer, from Ezekiel 18:

21: "If a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statues, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

22: None of the transgressions which he has committed shall be remembered against him; because of the righteousness which he has done, he shall live."

23: "Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?" says the Lord God, "and not that he should turn from his ways and live?"

24: "But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die."

25: "Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not fair.' Hear now, O house of Israel, is it not My way which is fair, and your ways which are not fair?

26: "When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity, and dies in it, it is because of the iniquity which he has done that he dies.

27: "Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive.

28: "Because he considers and turns away from the transgressions which he committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die."

32: "For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says the Lord God. "Therefore turn and live!"

He is talking about eternal life, and knowing each and every one of us intimately, encouraging us to realize that He knows our motivations, and allows simple return to Him and His good ways, not cheating, stealing, stealing another person's mate, etc. We all know what good is, and what evil is. He is not nitpicking, but making a broad and open invitation to any that wants eternal life, and consideration as an individual. The entire section before this is devoted to how detailed God's scrutiny is: He will not blame a son for his father's mistakes, nor a father for his son's.

He says He will forget any bad we have done, if we will turn our lives to goodness, to His ways, which, if we follow, will allow us to live. He promises this over and over.

Ezekiel 20:11, 13, 21 all promise that if we follow His ways, we shall live by them. Because of them.

I hope this helps those who are wondering about Him, and what He is really all about, beyond the hype.

Too good to overlook is what He is. Try Him!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by ApacheChief

And won't you be surprised when you find it's just another group of (Freemason Illuminati) who claim to speak on "His" behalf...just the same way they have presumed to speak "on behalf" of his father, "God".

Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss.

Religion has been based on superstition and fear. It is falling apart. Now they have to play tag team and bring in a new concept (the "Christ Consciousness" group) that will appeal to the masses. But first, they need a smaller compliant group to work with----hence, depopulation and "salvation" of the obedient and ignorant.

They will change the tactics of religion to appear benevolent and eco-conscious. Everyone will "forget" about it's misdeeds of war mongering and lies. Religion is a corporate industry. It will wash it's face to suit the times.

I and every student of history cannot deny what evils were wrought in the name of God and I can guess that you house a little animosity toward religion, but is it possible that some unscrupulous men hijack some faith system and use it to their ends? (such as these Freemasons), but that the fruit of the religion itself is good. Especially in Christianity, the atrocities of the Catholics, the protestants, and the ignorance seemingly found in our modern times among church members don't make Christianity out to be the shining star it has said of itself. I however believe that my God will deal with the hypocrites ( if you hadn't noticed, I'm a christian
)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by robbinsj

Pehaps when toxic rain/oil/dispersant starts falling on the southern U.S. population, many will wish they would die rather than suffer a horrible slow painful death. Or I could be wrong. I guess it's a toss up...

Be that as it may, I'd rather be here than Philadelphia...

So, according to members contributing to this recent thread (see below), it's raining oil folks.

"Proof of Oil Rain"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/2/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
if you watch the video in that first post of the link in the post above mine with the revelations in your head it starts to seem plausible. especially the crop damage, similar to what locusts do. then the part with the fires on the ocean i didnt know the oil in the ocean was on fire too. wtf.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm glad I found this thread. Just the other day some friends & I were discussing this & one interpretation that was mentioned dealt with the red color of the oil....many hold that oil is the life "blood" of the earth....without hardly any scriptural twisting or semantics wrangling this could easily fit the "seas turned to blood" revelation.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
just stories....dont count on anything like these events ever happening.......unless man tries to make it happen to fit the prohecy........but i dont think the future is pre destined......its called free will........

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Nothing like locusts, nothing falling from the sky, so I say not related. Besides, this looks (IMO) to be manmade, and probably intentional.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Interesting article relates to this thread:

Published on Wednesday, July 7, 2010 by The Huffington Post

"The Big Lie: BP, Governments Downplay Public Health Risk From Oil and Dispersants"
by Riki Ott

www.commondreams.org...

I have received emails and heard personal stories from Louisiana to Florida of people who have developed skin rashes and blisters from going in the ocean. People describe stings by "invisible jellyfish." Turtle patrol volunteers who walk beaches daily write of blisters and bronchitis. And then there are individuals like Sheri Allen who took her dog for a walk on a beach in Mobile Bay in May.

Sheri wrote me that her "arms and legs were burning, even after the shower. The following morning ... (there were) ... small blood blisters. By evening the blisters had begun to welt. By the fourth day, the areas had got larger and swollen." She went to see a doctor but the sores remain and they have begun to scar her arms and legs.

m.current.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40baf092df86.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It is also interesting to note that in the translations of Revelation 9 that I have reviewed, one important word is ommited as it appears in the original Greek. That word is "well".

Revelation 9:1

Koine Greek:
Kai o pemptos aggelos esalpisen kai eidon astera ek tou ouranou peptwkota eis thn ghn kai edoqh autw h kleis tou freatos ths abussou

Word for word interlinear translation:
And the fifth messenger trumpets and I-perceived gleamer out of-the heaven having-fallen into the land and was-given to-same the locker of-the well of-the abyss

Source:
www.scripture4all.org...

[edit on 7/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Webster's has the word Abyss defined with the phrase Bottomless Pit AND the word....GULF. look it up. Tiny bit of info I thought was interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join