It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well, then, white means (to me) that it is just more Corexit.!!!!!!!
I'm thoroughly disgusted.

EDIT: When I went back to it, it was white. But then after the camera jumped around some, it started coming out dark (maybe greenish, but dark not bright like before).

[edit on 30-7-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The stuff they are spraying is corexit. This is what happened earlier - some sort of explosion or "problem" that caused them to postpone the static kill. It has to be oil coming out and not hydraulic fluid because the need for the corexit.
What happened:

To make them start doing this:

Hope this isn't too many pictures, but I also wanted to show one from the "beehive" of oil deposits from the leaking BOP seal. You can tell it's grown alot without them even trying to clean it off. It really is amazing to me how beautiful like a stalactite.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xanadu30

IMO, I think they'd still use Corexit if it was just coconut oil or goats milk coming out.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I noticed earlier before I went to work that it was really cloudy on that cam. Like a lot of stuff blowing around. I just saw it again. Looks like a lot of oil blobs. Kind of settled down again. What was that about?

It must have been thrusters, I think. Trying to hide the oil coming out. I see a lot of blobs coming up now that it's settled.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Skid Mark]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It looks like the oil is coming up from the right of boa deep c rov 1. Of course, the rov is turned just so you can't see the source of it. I wonder how much is coming out that we're not seeing.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

The Survey vessels are all out doing sweeps in the same locations as I've mentioned in above posts. They wouldn't waste resources at these locations unless they've found something. They've been sweeping the same spots for the last week. Gotta be something there!

I also saw blobs on Skandi 2 and it wasn't thruster related as the altitude, heading, depth and position didn't change. Heading would have tweaked a couple of decimals if it was correcting for currents.

In doing a Google search trying to find out more about the Relief Well bore collapse and the need to "remove debris" according to THADY I found this interesting article. The below quote is something I didn't know about.

Don Van Nieuwenhuise, director of geoscience programs at University of Houston, told New Orleans Times-Picayune reporter Rebecca Mowbray that BP ran out of casing sections before it hit the reservoir of oil, so it switched to an inferior material — something called liner — for the remainder of the well. Consequently, the BP well has several weak spots that the highly pressurized oil could exploit. Specifically, the joints between two sections of liner pipe and the joint where the liner pipe meets the casing could be weak, said Van Nieuwenhuise.

Source

Sounds about right for BP, they haven't been too bright soo far. The article is a little dated but refreshed some things for me.

When the well was flowing it also had small amounts of sediment in it. How has 85 days of high pressure sandblasting affected the integrity of the well pipe? Could there be multiple breaches throughout the line as a result of

1) using below standard pipe because you didn't order enough of the good kind

2) the well pipe has been sandblasted for a long time causing the pipe to thin thus resulting in multiple breaks.

I don't know what's going on. The fact that the MSM has basically put the Gulf Spill on Page 11 has me thinking that things aren't going well. Couple that with the lack of info from BP and the crappy ROV feeds I have a sneaky suspicion.

This new "Top Kill" could further destabilize the well thus making the relief wells useless as they wouldn't know where the breaks in the pipe are located thus making it difficult. The other risk is that it could further fracture the rock strata.

We'll have to keep our vigile ATS, keep up the good work!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
What BOP is Skandi 1 looking at? It doesn't look like the Deepwater well...that or its at such a bad angle. I just find it odd that after 48 hours of not showing it, they start to show it again...thing is most of what we have seen since they started showing it on Thursday night, just in my opinion doesn't look like the Deepwater/Mocondo well.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I know from working in a rock quarry, seen someone use mild steel plate just to deflect small gravel material from over spillage, it ws a 1 inch plate bore a hole right clean through it, less than a day, so any piping of the wrong material kiss it goodbye, that is what a leak will do to the surrounding ocean seafloor, matters not if it's 2 miles, how critial is a proper well hole, very critial

I'm just surprised at the amount penny pinching that occured from the word go drill us a hole. People who knew nothing about drilling a hole, they look at cost vs an enginnered well bore, the time and materials and started shaving.

rather than getting an extension from the minerals dept of the government to extend the drilling operation duration to complete the well so than the proper implemented engineering would have stood the test of time.

any time you run into a big mess follow the lack of money including materials and time.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by mr20121221]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
7.30 BP cut video feeds for three days wellhead still leaking

Snippet
[Cavnar's contacts in the Gulf reported to him that during those three days the leak was getting worse, and Cavnar states that when he viewed the feeds of the wellhead, it was clear to him that the leak was getting worse.]

Source ______beforeitsnews/story/119/881/7.30_BP_cut_video_feeds_for_three_days_wellhead_still_leaking

Ektar

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hos Ach. Maxx ROV 2 showing murky water with lots of suspended oil drops. It was at a piece of equipment I didn't recognize.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Oh look at that. No more BOP again.......

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And SOME media isn't keeping quiet about this either:

Gulf media blackout: BP turns off live video feed for three days: Wellhead is leaking

Three days ago, the BP live feed of the wellhead disappeared without explanation. At the same time, reports were beginning to surface that claimed there was practically no oil to be found floating in the Gulf, and that the crisis had been exaggerated. In other words, everything was just fine, even though more than 300 million gallons of oil and 1,8 million gallons of toxic chemical dispersant had been set loose in the Gulf of Mexico...

When questioned about the disappearance of the BP live video at his briefing this afternoon, Gulf Oil Spill Incident Commander, Thad Allen had no answer. A few hours later, the live feed suddenly returned to reveal the leaking wellhead.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The Skandi ROV 1 sure looks like it has found alot of sand and globs of oil near it. Sediment coul be thruster wash but the oil globs aren't from ROV backwash.Also there seemed to be a few things on the Q 4000 ROV sonar that looked strange. May be nothing but it sure got my interest I guess we will have to see.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Interesting video. I would say this man is pretty credible and has a good knowledge about what is going on. This is something to watch very close.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xanadu30

"Take paradise, put up a parking lot. A big hotel, a boutique & swinging hot spot...don't it always seem to go you don't know what you've got til it's gone?" (From Big Yellow Taxi: Originally performed by Joni Mitchell. My favorite is done by Counting Crows )

That's it! They are going to turn the Gulf into a super slab. Isn't that the way they make highways? Destroy everything in its path, cover it all with cement? Maybe a Disney World? The possibilites are endless.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

"So terrorists cannot sabotage"

That would depend on who the terrorists are, who hired them, & what is the long term plan.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Ektar

Interesting video. I would say this man is pretty credible and has a good knowledge about what is going on. This is something to watch very close.

All I see him saying is what I've been reading in this thread since they put on the 'new cap'.

Just 'official confirmation' of what we already suspect. Something to show the commoners.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I take it you do not think this man has any credibility because he says the same thing as everyone else? I guess being a former BP executive he wouldn't know a little about the way BP works. I would think he would still know someone on the inside that could give him some information. I am not gonna say he knows it all, but he would seem to be more credible than most people on here. I guess you think he is just blowing smoke up everyones butt, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Whoa there buddy. Thats not what Im saying at all. I'm just saying that once again, the MSM is confirming what I have been reading in this thread all along.

As un-credible as you think everyone here is, so far the overall thesis of what is going on seems to be quite on target. And the MSM just comes along and confirms what many here have said weeks ago.

Sheesh, some of you are so combative..

[edit on 31-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Ok I was wrong everyone on here is highly credible. I stated that there are those on here that want everyone to agree with them and thats all. I am not going to go off ranting about this and that because I don't want to waste the time doing it. Just because what you have been reading all along has been said by more than a couple people should show you that there may be something to what they are saying.As for me being combative not even close.

new topics

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join