It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad as hell - The real face of the BP oil catastrophe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

One more, to put it all into perspective.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

BOO HOO HOO HOO...
AHHHH boo hoo hoo hoo...

ahhhh ha ha hoo hoo hoo...

sniff sniff...

Grow up! Its the same damn few pics thats been circulating round the net for 2 months, get over it.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

The Gulf of Mexico is dead.
If BP cared, they would have respected the security measures in order to prevent problems. But, first of all, they wouldn't have drilled so deep where they knew it would be very hard to fix anything in case of an accident.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

We have begun our gathering.

Life is leaving this realm.

We see our friends leaving.

They will never be back.

None will replace them.

We are left behind.

And we weep.

We will gather on the other side.

We will look back in wonder.

We will understand.

And we will smile.

Peace

ETA - sounds of snapping fingers

[edit on 25-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois

BOO HOO HOO HOO...
AHHHH boo hoo hoo hoo...

ahhhh ha ha hoo hoo hoo...

sniff sniff...

Grow up! Its the same damn few pics thats been circulating round the net for 2 months, get over it.

Yes....boohoo sniff sniff.....it's only an entire ocean turned into a toxic waste filled graveyard. Wah boo hoo....only millions of God's creatures suffocated to death....get over it....so what if millions of gulf residents will soon be displaced from their homes and forced to live in FEMA trailers.

WAAHHHHHHHH BOO HOOOOOO

See how utterly and completely STUPID that sounds?

PS. Love the Limbaugh quote.....it explains a lot.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The Dead Gulf, the oil catastrophe started with waters of the Gulf

spreading to the under water sea and plant life and spreading into the

air. Fish being killed by the millions, not thousands and birds, turtles, dolphins being drowned

in oil plus fumes and now the oil has been reaching the shorelines. As it spreads

with no end in sight it will affect human beings on a Grand Scale never

seen before in history.

Where is the sense of urgency? We went to the Moon with all out

effort during the Apollo program. Folks the survival of The United

States Of America is at stake and yet our President plays golf 7 times

since the oil catastrophe. The hell with the Jones Act what are our

officials thinking the world awaits to aid and help us skim the waters

but no just let the oil flow and flow and flow and flow.

BP breached the oil mantle and it is spreading throughout the Gulf like

veins and these veins are bleeding oil all over the Gulf floor and coast.

Nothing to stop the oil spewing from the Gulf floor even with thousands of

suggestions on how to stop the toxic oil flow but yet it continues.

The last resort I believe the powers that be will try a nuke to seal off

the leaks but my friends this has been tried on dry land by the

Russians with success and a failure. If it would succeed then the

world would rejoice and if it did not succeed the world will have never

seen anything like what will happen.

The evacuation from the Gulf could be the largest in known history.

You ask the question where would the people go? Use your

imagination. I am too Mad as Hell. ^Y^

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm not going to watch the video as the picture says it all. I regret we can't take all the BP Execs, The Obama Administration, Congress and leading Bureatcrats out into the Oily Waters of the Gulf and keep them there until the Gulf has been restored. With all the inaction of our government it's easy to conclude they are indeed truly the Lowlife on this Planet!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

For you to say such things, OP, I'm sure you don't own a car or buy plastics. I think BP is mostly responsible too, but corporate avarice is driven by consumer avarice and, therefore, in my own miniscule am responsible as well.

Now if you've never bought gasoline or petroleum based products, then you are not being a hypocrite and I'm sorry.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

Where is your heart, your soul? We must never let the greedy forget what they have done and you may not believe it but there are stilll people that have not yet seen the destruction! We are in mouring for the wildlife, the people and the destruction of this once very beautiful area of the world. Shame on you!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

I dont know...I just get the feeling that if a nuclear detonation could fix this leak they would have alreadu attempted it by now

I think there is something much worse taking place at the bottom of the ocean floor that we are not being told.

It's looking like they are fully intent in letting the entire reserve bleed out, in which case we can all say goodbye to life as we know it.

Such a helpless situation, I dont see it ending well.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Here is the true face of this abysmal, unspeakable disaster that has been thrust upon our world by a bunch of sick, greedy oil mongers.

Look at it. Do you see the reality of the situation? Do you not see the suffering that has been caused? Tony Hayward and cronies....are you human beings? Have you no shame for what you have done to our world?

All in the name of corporate gain.....all in the name of big oil. Big dollar signs.

So what if you scourge the Earth, so what if you reign death and destruction down upon the animals who breathe your toxic water.

So what if you bring poverty and hardship to the devestated people of the gulf regions, who loved and cherished and relied upon these waters that you have poisoned for personal gain.

Hundreds, soon to be thousands of bottle nosed dolphins have washed ashore dead. Just as many sea turtles, fish, birds and other wildlife will follow suit. An entire life supporting eco-system has been forever stained, choked out of existence by your black death.

White beaches of Florida now sit empty, blackened by your filth and unfit for habitation or use.

I curse you BP, Haliburton and every single solitary soul who is responsible for this devestation. I curse every single money grubbing pig who has profited at the expense of our southern gulf. I loathe you all and I pray that you suffer immensely for your cimes against humanity.

Will there ever be enough money, enough apologizing, enough PR, enough back shifting and blame passing....to make up for what you have done?

How could there be.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by BlackOps719]
Well, I was going to say I'm not happy but you said that and then some for me.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall

For you to say such things, OP, I'm sure you don't own a car or buy plastics. I think BP is mostly responsible too, but corporate avarice is driven by consumer avarice and, therefore, in my own miniscule am responsible as well.

Now if you've never bought gasoline or petroleum based products, then you are not being a hypocrite and I'm sorry.

Sorry friend, but the blame the consumer angle just doesn't fly. Im no more responsible for this clusterf*** in the gulf than I am responsible for the Exon Valdez disaster because I drink alcohol.

Not gonna work. It's like saying I am responsible for the economy crashing because I use money. Doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Whenever I see the pics of the animals my heart saddens...

But I don't know why, when I see the pics of the sea turtles, my heart aches...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It is digusting, it is terrible but are we ready to give up our current standard of living to stop the quest for oil? You are just as guilty as I, or BP or halliburton or whomever you want to point the finger at. No one will change their standards of living, drilling will continue and the earth will continue to suffer the effects from the mistakes made along the way. As we get in our car made of oil derived plastics fueled by gasoline engines that are kept lubricated by that sweet slick oil who are we to point the finger?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall

We use oil driven products because that is our only option... I would use electric or hydrogen if that were an option, but the oil companies ban and patent that stuff. They (along with our govt.) are the ones hiding this technology, even though they admit they have it, just to get those few extra bucks.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Brilliant video and excellent post under it!

Star and flags from me buddy!

I hate people who say we are to blame, it shows how ignorant they are.

Yes, unfortunately we all use oil, all of us, but that is no the point. I live in a modest home drive a modest car, recycle, and am planning on building a completely green house that is self sufficient.

Moderation is the key word. These money loving big company CEO's, owners, presidents, vice president's...etc, live in monster homes, drive sports cars, fly everywhere they go and find any way to get oil. They are greedy, it is something we need at this point and time (oil) but hopefully we will get off of it, or close to by witnessing this tragedy.

Do not compare modest living humans to these greedy one percent of the population, they use far more oil than probably all of us. I take some part of the blame, but it is hard to find products that do not use some by product of oil. I mean, come on, everyone that has a car has purchased a tire.

Products are getting out there now on a good level. And I try to purchase each and every one of them. I mean really how is someone supposed to avoid oil? Even our food is sprayed with the stuff...get a clue.

It is good that people are looking at the negative side of this and that is what needs to happen. It will help us grow up.

this will hopefully open peoples eyes up to see what oil does to us, or at least some of the effects of loving it so much.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
How do you think those evil ceos and corporations got to the point of being able to fly everywhere and dine on caviar in their limo? The oil didnt come from the ground and bless them with money. The consumers of the world drive the demand for oil and those "evil" ceos and corporations are just lucky enough to be able to provide what we lust for. We give them everything you are so bitter they have

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

BlackOps, I would say that this video is a test to determine sociopathic tendencies.

These animals are dying a horrible death. They never used a drop of oil to live but now suffer because of it. And it didn't have to be this way!

On the news we are shown pelicans being cleaned, as if that action is going to make everything right again, undo what has been done. Rather, it is doing what we can, but it will never, can never, be enough.

And the despondency that settles in over the people, like the oil that settles over the sea life and birds, choking off what they need to survive, will surely choke off hope that people needs to survive, and they, too, will die, committing suicide to find relief. More effects of the leak.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
S & F.

This isn't tragic, it's worse than that. Words are missing. Unfortunately, it is far from being over.

Thank you for posting this and I hope that more people see it.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
S & F.

This isn't tragic, it's worse than that. Words are missing. Unfortunately, it is far from being over.

Thank you for posting this and I hope that more people see it.

There isn't a word in the English language big enough to sufficiently describe what this is.

The only word that comes to mind for me is DEATH

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join