It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple questions about aliens-please explain to me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
How do they know our names of stars/galaxies/etc.?
They give descriptions of where they're from using our names for stars.

Why would a UFO move in zig-zag herky-jerky patterns at absurd speeds (or any speed) if it were under intellegent control?
I'm remembering photographs capturing a stream of light forming curly zig-zag all over the place patterns in a single frame. Why would a being choose to move like that? It reminds me of watching many a variety of flying insect zooming around in fast random patterns.
Do humans get behind the wheel of a car and start rapidly and violently turning the steering wheel?

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dlifesjrny

Well, for me ATS is a foreign forum, but it wouldn't be of much help if i name the location where i live in german (Would be München) so instead i use the language that is used here, english and therefore: munich.
It does make some sense to communicate in the language of the people you wan't to communicate with (Otherwise i could also start writing in germany here as it is my language....only a few people would understand me though)

Why would a UFO move in zig-zag herky-jerky patterns at absurd speeds (or any speed) if it were under intellegent control?

They just want to pose with their amazing driving...ahem, flying skills and how awesome their spaceships are.

Do humans get behind the wheel of a car and start rapidly and violently turning the steering wheel?

You know, i've seen some A-Team Episodes were BA violently turned the steering wheel around on a perfect straight street

In all seriousness i don't have any real answers for the later two questions but they're interesting, it really doens't make much sense what you see in so many ufo videos

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Why would a being choose to move like that?

I believe that they use some type of anti-gravity technology, using the earth's magnetic field. I assume the zigzagging could be a simple maneuver, possibly to gain speed or stay at a certain altitude.
I haven't read much into it, but that is my general understanding. Maybe this can give you something to start with in your search for answers.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I'm remembering photographs capturing a stream of light forming curly zig-zag all over the place patterns in a single frame. Why would a being choose to move like that? It reminds me of watching many a variety of flying insect zooming around in fast random patterns.

Time dilation or distortion? link
a few seconds could be minutes to them...we would observe it as quick.

different animals/insects have different senses of time as well.

a turtle might observe us as zipping around crazy ... a fly could observe us as being in slow motion

Zeta_Reticuli_Incident

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dlifesjrny

Welcome to ATS.

Well I assume you're going off abductee accounts. There's still much debate on the authenticity of the abduction phenemenon.

Let us assume for the sake of argument that abductions are real. Perhaps the aliens could spend lifetimes communicating information that would mean absolutely nothing to the average person. So it is their way of "breaking the ice" and establishing common ground.

These types of questions can always be answered with one simple analogy: Why does a dog lick his testes?

Answer: Because he can. I know it seems silly. But it is a powerful underlying truth which makes the world go round.

Certainly some do.

From a scientific angle think more in terms of "why wouldn't someone do that?" Answer: 1) Because it increases the probability of a crash occuring. 2) It can feel uncomfortable due to the force known as inertia.

Now what happens when you remove postulate #1 and #2? Suddenly you find that you have removed the very reasons which made you ask "why."

Hope that answers your questions.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Well, it depends on which accounts you take into consideration. The beings from Betty Hill's encounter didn't relay any names of the 3 dimensional star chart they showed her. Supposedly they asked her which 'star' on the chart she thought was her star (home). I think she got it wrong, but they didn't tell her anything else about the star chart.

One of the UFOs my wife saw years ago did just that, as well as 3 ships that hovered over the school yard when my parents were just kids.

In my wife's case the object brightened up in a flickering pattern for a moment, then elongated a bit. It shot forward, then up, then to one side. It brightened again, then shot off at lightning speed. Personally, if it were one of their ships (and based on my own experiences I know it was), I think they charge up, do a quick test on their maneuvering (initializing) then zip off where they want to go. A propulsion system check?

In my parent's case (when they were kids) 3 ships, which were more of an angular shape, hovered in a triangular formation over the children in the schoolyard at recess. All of the kids at school watched it. One ship would 'fall' like a leaf towards the ground then zip back up into formation. Another one would zip back and forth in a 'Z' like pattern then zip back into formation. They stayed in the sky for several minutes doing this, then zipped away. In this case I think the erratic meneuvering was to get the kid's attention. For what purpose I don't know.

The ship I saw up close moved in a strait line... no zipping or erratic behavior. But then again, it was much bigger than what my wife and parents describe seeing. It was huge.

I hope you get to see some of them for yourself!

top topics

join