It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washing Post quotes "Evacuation of the Gulf States"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Evacuation of Gulf States

This subject is now hitting MSM:

More trouble: A tropical wave has formed in the Caribbean and could conceivably blow through the gulf.

"We're going to have to evacuate the gulf states," said Matt Simmons, founder of Simmons and Co., an oil investment firm and, since the April 20 blowout, the unflagging source of end-of-the-world predictions. "Can you imagine evacuating 20 million people? . . . This story is 80 times worse than I thought."

The bull market for bad news means that Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, the government's point man for the crisis, is asked regularly about damage to the well bore, additional leaks and further failures. "Can you talk a little about the worst-case scenarios going forward?" a reporter asked Tuesday. "What happens if the relief wells don't work out?"

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

This is simmons... You have to take him with a grain of salt...

He was the guy saying we should nuke the well...

The more this guy gets interviewed the more outlandish he becomes

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
He was on MSNBC earlier with Dylan Ratigan. Here is that video, it's quite alarming.

www.youtube.com...

chilling...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I just read this too! Well, things are getting very interesting now. The cap being knocked off the well, a possible hurricane and now they are thinking about evacuating portions of the gulf communities. It seems as if there is divinity at work here. No matter what they try to do, nothing is working. Things out of their control is happening. I am just waiting for a earthquake. That will prove to be divine to me. No questions asked.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoup4U
I just read this too! Well, things are getting very interesting now. The cap being knocked off the well, a possible hurricane and now they are thinking about evacuating portions of the gulf communities. It seems as if there is divinity at work here. No matter what they try to do, nothing is working. Things out of their control is happening. I am just waiting for a earthquake. That will prove to be divine to me. No questions asked.

I believe that God has "softened the blow" of many disasters throughout history. Unless of course He throws up his hands and says, "Really? You willfully drilled into an underwater volcano a mile underwater in Hurricane Alley, where your ability manage problems is pathetic at best? This one's on you, humans..."

[edit on 25-6-2010 by blamethegreys]

new topics

top topics

join