It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddha Quotes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I would like to make this thread one where we all can add Buddha quotes. Or to make it more interesting, I guess it doesn't have to necessarily be from Buddha himself, so maybe just Buddha-like quotes, ones of Wisdom and Compassion.

Please only add one each day, that way this will consistently grow and there will be something new each day for us to concentrate on and appreciate fully.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. " -Buddha

[edit on 25-6-2010 by LifeIsEnergy]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
"There is, an unborn, an unoriginated, an unmade, and an unformed. If there were not, O'followers, this unborn, unoriginated, unmade and unformed, there would be no way out for the born, the originated, the made and the formed."

[Udana 81]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Okay, here's one I found that I like.

"All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else. " - Buddha

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Believe nothing is my favorite

This would be second...

A wise man, recognizing that the world is but an illusion, does not act as if it is real, so he escapes the suffering. ~Buddha

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
thousands of candles can be lit by one candle and the life of the candle will not be shortened. happiness never decreases by being shared.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Protocol is suffering

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
BELIEVE NOTHING no matter where you read it or who said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and own common sense (Buddha)

[edit on 25-6-2010 by nagabonar]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
" An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea. "

There are so many good ones . . I was thinking of something like this the other day ..

" However many holy words you read, However many you speak,What good will they do you If you do not act on upon them? "

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world. ~ Buddha

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." ~ Buddha

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
"spittin in the wind comes back at you twice as hard".......... oh sorry , that was Lou Reed, he looks like a buddah these days

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
i have this one on my desktop

" the man that conquers himself is superior to the one that conquers a thousand men in battle" buddha"

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
He who goes to bed with itchy but..Awakes with Stinky finger

Fred G. Sanford

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Today I can offer at least a Zen expression: "Please don't walk through my mind with your dirty feet."

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
"There is none greater than him, on whom all the worlds are strung like beads. Over ages, nothing so far were greater than him and nothing is going to be greater than him. He has thousands of legs but one and only one head. He pervades everywhere."

- Atharvasiras Upanishad

[edit on 25-6-2010 by D1ss1dent]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
[edit on 25-6-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Please only post one quote a day, as I asked above in my OP. Also please identify who made the quote so we all know. Thanks!

I'd like to make this where people find one quote that is relevant to them that day and add it so we can all share their mindset. Let's not make this just a big pile of quotes we can find. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If a man is not passionate about his beliefs, he believes in nothing.

I am not sure if anyone else has said this, but I said it in 1992.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
And the random `Buddha quote` generator pulled up:

`A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker.
A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.`

Buddha

[edit on 2010-6-25 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roswell54

Today I can offer at least a Zen expression: "Please don't walk through my mind with your dirty feet."

Sorry to say but I can't see much Zen in taking the higher ground, or to indicate an unpolluted mind can be polluted by someone else. Where did you get that quote?

To an enlightened mind there is no such thing as dirty or clean feet.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
-Buddha

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join