It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chains that Break Without Breaking, and other Physical Anomalies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I was thinking a few minutes ago while I was in the kitchen, about some of the 'physical anomalies' I have seen before in my life that were inexplicable and downright bizarre.

I recalled a fateful circumstance that happened to a old 94 Thunderbird I had, and it happened in two instances in separate events.

There was a 'gravel guard' on the bottom of the front of the vehicle, obviously to prevent flying gravel from damaging the underside. Anyhow one day it came loose on one side.

The 'gravel guard' was made of a rubbery material, and there were sections with holes that would latch it onto the car body, if I recall correctly it would be a metal under hanging.

I believe that the two sections connected like 'chains' do, with interlocking loops. The outer area of the circular holes that formed the chains, was never broken.

Somehow, these two pieces of material were chained together, and then separated without breaking the outer materials of the chain structure.

Yes this was perplexing, but I quickly devised a plan to remedy the situation. I saw the anomaly but did not let it drive me crazy. I simply accepted my fate and sought to fix the problem at hand rather than wasting time questioning it.

So I went and bought some 'zip ties', or as wiki calls them Cable Ties.
en.wikipedia.org...

Please familiarize yourself with the tool I chose as my solution to re-chain the gravel guard with the metal under hanging.

Now, what I did was loop the Cable tie through both holes and then I locked it tight and safe. I checked it to make sure it was fixed.

After some period of time, perhaps several weeks to possibly a few months, this solution worked like a charm. But then, it fell off again.

When I checked the materials to determine how this happened, and what fix to apply this time; I was dumbfounded.

The Cable tie separated from the gravel guard. However neither loop had broken or came loose, they were still intact. I checked the Cable tie and it was still locked like the day I set it there with the metal under hanging. And that hole in the gravel guard was still enclosed entirely.

I checked the rubbery material of the gravel guard closely and at some length. I moved it around to test it's surfaces. There were no cracks or severed sections anywhere to be found. The hole was perfectly intact without any surrounding material breaking.

And the Cable tie was perfectly intact.

I could never prove such a thing, it is something you have to have happen to you to really 'see it for yourself'. Even if a person created videos or photographs, it would be pointless as it is easily faked.

This is why I place this gem in the Grey Area, and what I seek from my fellow ATSer's is insight.

Please offer me hypothesis and let us not wallow in the muddy waters of "did it really happen?" and let us stay focused to "What if this actually happened, how can it be?" Speculate with me on finding an explanation that does not deviate from physics. Or rather, that expands on physics and offers additional data to explain the highly bizarre phenomena.

Also I would love to hear Your experiences. What physical anomalies have you witnessed? Have you ever seen physical objects exhibit behavior that seems highly illogical?

What could it possibly mean? What implications do such events hold?

One funny way of putting it that many may relate to, is "an error in the Matrix".

What are your ideas on such a 'grey' subject?

I will add more in a minute.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The 'cable tie-gravel guard incident' happened about 11 years ago.

Another incident, which I will call the 'Jumping Southern Comfort anomaly', happened around this same period roughly.

It happened in my backyard porch area with about 4 friends around.

I was probably still on the first drink if I recall correctly, and not drunk at all, so my senses were not obliterated by any means at this point. I think my friends were still pretty aware of their surroundings as well and not actually intoxicated by any means this was early in the night.

We were talking and suddenly we heard a loud glass thump, which originated at the bottle of Southern Comfort on the table. We were all quite immediately alarmed as it was a blatant and loud incident. A almost full bottle is heavy and loud.

We were sitting in chairs on my back porch several feet away from the table which the bottle was resting on. No one's arms or legs were anywhere near even the edges of the table, or the legs of it.

There was considerable distance and we were sitting rather near in proximity to each other facing each other.

After the bottle moved and made a glass thump sound, it left a wet circle on the dusty tabletop where it had been only a moment prior.

No one was anywhere near it. We were all laughing and saying explicatives in quite an odd moment of amazement.

There were Four of us there whom witnessed it, around 10-11 years ago. It cannot possibly be a group hallucination, we were still rather sober and the event left physical evidence (wet circle on dusty table). All four people there confirmed witnessing it and this really was a surprise.

We looked over the area very carefully, and there was no explanations apparent.

I cannot prove any of this. So 'what if'? Do you have any insight or explanations?

Also, share your stories. This is the Grey Area.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Best one of late was checking my bag four times, looking into the pockets, for good measure putting my hands all the way from corner to corner of each pocket trying to find my keys, gave up and checked the next day exactly the same, corner to corner pocket search, inspected them and... wham found them in a corner. Which had been checked four times previously.

Had many things like that happen, shoes which I had placed by the door go missing then to return a few hours later... weird things like that.

Space time irregularities, reality crossovers, poultergeists, others playing tricks on you or many other things could be to blame.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Its very difficult to picture what you trying to describe, maybe a picture would help out a bit. My guess, from what I am picturing is that there is a very fine separation somewhere that is allowing them to slide off, but its only doing it when its under some type of stress. When its not under that stress it is not visible to the naked eye. So for example there is a hairline fracture there that is held together so tightly that it appears solid when you inspect it, but when its put under a sufficient amount of heat or torque the gap widens enough.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

S+F for very interesting thread, I like it

Sadly I have never experienced anything like this personally (fun things never happen to me
) but I'm sure I've read about such similar anomolies.

My uneducated guess, coupled with my interest in things of a paranormal and unexplained nature, is that somehow the molecules of the objects are separating, allowing matter to pass through matter.

Just 'cos we don't understand or know if such a thing can happen, don't mean it doesn't

I'd love to read more of this sort of thing - got any more to share? Please?

*thinks for a minute*

Actually, its usually something reverse of what you experienced that happens to me. How a perfectly neat electrical cable placed in a drawer with other perfectly neatly wound electrical cables can become inexplicably tangled together the next time I open the drawer...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have a similar unexplainable event that I would like to share.

I have a great Aunt who lives on her own just a few miles away from where I live. Now, I don't necessarily share or reflect any of the beliefs held by my Aunt however she claim's to live in a house with a very high level of paranormal activity and is quite ambivalent to what she considered to be the fact that she is visited by certain entities.

A few years ago she had lost a very precious watch of hers and was quite distressed at this loss. She then claims to have had a dream in which one of these frequenting entities directed her to the lost watch. The entity (according to my aunt) was pointing at a single Rose Vase. The kind that looks like an upside down rain drop just nano-seconds before it leaves the underside of a hard surface, The neck could only fit one Rose however there was a rounded hollow base for water.

The next day my Aunt went into her possessions (the kind of old clobber most elderly women end up compiling in their lifetimes) to find the Rose from her dream the night before.

There in the base of the Rose Vase was her missing watch, the only way she could think of getting it out was to smash it, fortunately this is not what she did and the vase, containing her watch, is still in her possession. If it is convenient for her I shall try and get a picture uploaded in the next few weeks.

Again I would like to reiterate that the thoughts and opinions of my Great Aunt do not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of me.

So there you have it muzzleflash.

Remain vigilant

[edit on 25/6/10 by bonsaisert]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

My thought is....impossible.

The link probably broke and spun or threw the broken link far away. Thus it appeared nothing broke.

There has to be a failure somewhere in the link to separate.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
So for example there is a hairline fracture there that is held together so tightly that it appears solid when you inspect it, but when its put under a sufficient amount of heat or torque the gap widens enough.

I don't see how rubber molecules could split and then recombine to allow for this to occur.

Even with temperature changes. Also, if it were so simple, we should see it happening far more often in more cars.

Molecules of that size are large and their structure is quite solid. To break and reform, yet leave no evidence just doesn't seem possible to me.

Is there any example of this we can base this theory on?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tappy

Just 'cos we don't understand or know if such a thing can happen, don't mean it doesn't

So true!

But I want to understand it and that is where ATS comes in hhehehe!

BTW I do resonate with your electrical cord experiences. I can somehow get totally tied up in my headphone cord without even moving barely. It seems to have an attraction that causes twisting, tripping, and tying that becomes incredibly annoying! Still can't get it to stop no matter what I try

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

Thank you for the well thought out post Bonsaisert

The clock in the vase is exactly the type of phenomena I am seeking to understand here.

And I think if we can fully answer and understand how that watch got in there, I will have found the answers I seek.

If you get photos that will be a bombshell imo.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeh2324

My thought is....impossible.

The link probably broke and spun or threw the broken link far away. Thus it appeared nothing broke.

There has to be a failure somewhere in the link to separate.

Yes my immediate thoughts as well Jeh.

Impossible.

But what if it did actually happen?

How could it be? In what mechanism?

Keep in mind, there was no proof of failure in the links. They were all perfectly intact.

Oh and there were definitely for sure no missing links that could have "fallen off". If there were, I would be missing a huge metal section of my car, or a huge rubber gravel guard.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I worked at a lube shop back in the day. Nissan pick-ups were bad for changing the oil filter on. The guy up top had to reach down and back under the exhaust manifold to reach the oil filter to change it. You couldn't see it, you had to contort your arm and wrist to get to it and feel it.
Burns were inevitable unless you wore a heat sleeve. Anyway, it was a hot Texas summer day and i had been trying for several minutes to feel whether the new filter had caught the threads so it could be spun on.
Eventually after some good burns and lots of sweat i started cussing and getting pissed...the new filter would just not thread on. Every time i thought it caught the threads i would spin it and it would drop off the spindle and fall a couple inches and rest on other parts of the engine until i reached way down there and picked it up to start over.
Anyway, after the 50ieth time of it dropping off i jerked my arm out for about a 20 second break. I never left the side of the truck and no one was on my bay in the shop. When i stuck my arm back down in to try again the filter was on the spindle and tight!
There was no pit man at the time, and no explanation for how that happened. It was weird as hell.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Romans 10:9]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Okay, there are two separate pieces now. They came from 1 chain. It obviously broke and threw the broken link. To confirm, go to the store and look at the same exact part. Count the number of links, then count the links of the broken chain. There will definitely be at least 1 link missing from the broken chain.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

Whoah - amazing...

Picture please!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Glad I'm not the only one with 'cable/wire troubles'

Are you sure the 'twisting, tripping, and tying' isn't just your dancing skills though?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

Yet another amazing story, dang this thread is good

I've had a new thought, what with all these exciting events. This is harking back to an X-Files episode so bear with me. What if it's like I said before about matter moving through matter, but in such a way that sometimes (ie watch in vase) the two things almost end up sharing the same spacetime?

Or something? (I'm thinking of similar to the events in 'Dreamland' for anyone familiar with that ep).

Sorry for the multiple posts by the way, I keep responding to something then seeing something else I want to respond to. I'll get me coat...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This happened to me and my husband about ten years ago. We were living in an apartment where occasionally we would hear footsteps and strange sounds. Anyway, one night were were in the front room and we started arguing about something. The door leading into the kitchen area was standing wide open. There was a table and a couple of chairs off to the side of the doorway leading into the kitchen. As we were yelling at each other, my husband grabbed the edge of the door and slammed it shut. Only thing was, there a kitchen chair that was sitting in the way. The door went right through the chair. It all happened so fast, and when it did, me and my husband just looked at each other and said did you just see that? There was no earthly way that that chair shouldn't have stopped that door. True story.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by peewee1263
This happened to me and my husband about ten years ago. We were living in an apartment where occasionally we would hear footsteps and strange sounds. Anyway, one night were were in the front room and we started arguing about something. The door leading into the kitchen area was standing wide open. There was a table and a couple of chairs off to the side of the doorway leading into the kitchen. As we were yelling at each other, my husband grabbed the edge of the door and slammed it shut. Only thing was, there a kitchen chair that was sitting in the way. The door went right through the chair. It all happened so fast, and when it did, me and my husband just looked at each other and said did you just see that? There was no earthly way that that chair shouldn't have stopped that door. True story.

This is the needle in the haystack I am looking for!

I love ATS because almost every post is another important 'needle' hehe.

The way I see your post is, what you say is so Random and Out of Nowhere, I highly doubt you could have made it up on the dime like this.

The odds appear astronomical, and your story rings of truth.

It's like this reality is some sort of actual artificial construct, and that inexplicable anomalies are inevitable. Nothing is perfect I suppose no matter how "advanced/sophisticated" it may appear at initial glance.

Even this reality is prone to apparent 'glitches', I guess lol.

I really feel there is a logical solution, that is so novel and out of the ordinary that we have been overlooking it all this time collectively.

Perhaps some quantum physicist/cosmologist types may also want to speculate and attempt to find a working solution and just post their random thoughts on this (please don't worry about being wrong just toss out ideas).

There are just so many cases to ponder, and possibilities available.

TY so much for adding to this increasingly fun thread.

I am glad I found all of you hehe.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9

Anyway, after the 50ieth time of it dropping off i jerked my arm out for about a 20 second break. I never left the side of the truck and no one was on my bay in the shop. When i stuck my arm back down in to try again the filter was on the spindle and tight!
There was no pit man at the time, and no explanation for how that happened. It was weird as hell.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Romans 10:9]

I feel so blessed because I came looking for just a pearl. And yet before me lies an ocean full of them.

I read your story this morning and slept on it, as it was one of the last things I did before taking a nap.

I really wonder what "force" is behind these "actions". They just do not follow the rules that we pretend are so "concrete".

I feel there are mathematical answers that would inevitably have to conform to some type of mystical terminology. But with the skill to explain it's properties and functions effectively, and to be repeatably testable and confirm-able.

It almost seems as if the "clearest" solution is a "fuzzy" one.

Like the electron cloud of an atom. It is not in any precise location, the electron. Rather, it is in a multitude of positions at any given moment, and there are ratios that could describe their location rather than a precise dot.

Perhaps the mathematical laws of the universe are not solid and concrete.(Yet they are concrete thus a deep paradox).

Maybe the laws of the universe are in a constant state of change. By constantly changing, it remains the same.

Another idea maybe is the "does the observer create the observed", or does the "observed create the observer" dilemma that is discussed in physics communities increasingly (a fun topic).

I am pretty strongly on the side that the external universe is real, and that our consciousness is the real illusion. That what we observe, created us.

Rather than the act of our observation creating the observable universe.

I consider us human beings oblivious to the basic answer that would set us straight.

And really it drives into ethics, culture, everywhere. It's a huge jump in understanding of the universe to explain how the hell you can try to screw the cap on 50 times, and give up, only to find it screwed itself on.

Or to explain how the hell a door goes through a chair, or a big watch appears in a vase like a ship in a jar (WITHOUT obvious human intervention).

It seems this "Force" is the driving mechanics of the universe. And that we humans, are at it's mercy. We are not the "gods" we consider ourselves so often. Nor are we truly civilized or advanced, just take a look at the world around you. We got major issues we are not dealing with.

But maybe finding a direct observable connection between "spiritual" and "mathematical laws" is the ultimate solution to not only our technology problems, but our cultural woes,greed,suffering, etc.

It really reminds me of a book I read a long time ago, The Tao of Physics. It is a really fun book to read. And very intelligent and well written.
www.amazon.com...

The book basically talks about how modern physics sounds identical to many deeply philosophical ancient schools of mysticism.

I am just rambling my thoughts here, and I am just a student. I do not know the answers yet, but I am seeking them.

I am in a constant state of learning new things and having to revise my understanding of the world around me.

So I am open to novel solutions to all of these dilemmas. And I really truly feel it is just under the surface and we are all overlooking it. But it will be very simple and a huge "AHA" moment for mankind.

Such a discovery would truly unlock the next technological and philosophical age for our species.

It just goes to show we don't really know much anything about our universe yet.

I am getting strong leanings towards there being some sort of "purposeful force" behind the veil of our reality. Rather than it being nonsensical. It must be explainable. A real unified theory of everything.

Ah I can dream
lol

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tappy
reply to post by Romans 10:9

Yet another amazing story, dang this thread is good

I've had a new thought, what with all these exciting events. This is harking back to an X-Files episode so bear with me. What if it's like I said before about matter moving through matter, but in such a way that sometimes (ie watch in vase) the two things almost end up sharing the same spacetime?

Or something? (I'm thinking of similar to the events in 'Dreamland' for anyone familiar with that ep).

Sorry for the multiple posts by the way, I keep responding to something then seeing something else I want to respond to. I'll get me coat...

Well in modern physics they believe that matter never actually touches matter in the first place.

All atoms rotate in complex patterns, which are held together by nuclear and magnetic properties. They never actually touch each other.

It is almost as if they are in gravitational states. At least that is a way of saying the general idea.

For example I have heard, that the reason you can shine a flashlight on the palm of your hand, and see light coming through the hand is because; atoms have tons of space in between each other and never actually touch each other.

They only have reactions due to electron positions etc; thus changing their "physical properties" for example a knife cutting butter or boiling water.

No atom in that stick of butter, or the knife, touched each other. They are all in a large "galaxy" of "atoms" which rotate in highly complex patterns.

The ideas of super strings and "frequency".

Perhaps this is a part of it but admittedly I realize it is not the ultimate solution by any means.

We should be open to taking ideas from everywhere though, not just scientists. Because we use the word "scientist" Wrong. As a culture.

A good "shaman" would have to be a scientist to some extent, otherwise they would never achieve a single thing in their life. And their tribe would become quickly disillusioned with them.

A "wise shaman" is no different than your everyday "scientists" of today. Prone to the same mistakes, because they are the same human species.

Science is merely using observation to give us clues to learning new things about how the universe works.

The only reason some people think that the two things are different is because the Terminology is different. It is a case of "being lost in translation".

As more pieces of the puzzle fall into place; the grand picture begins to appear infinite in size and impossible (and absurd) to even consider completing the picture one day. For every answer there are just more questions awaiting us. A never ending journey.

Sorry for getting carried away all, but I didn't even expect anyone to reply to my OP LOL. I take all of this as a huge eye opening surprise.

I am very thankful for the wonderful insights and reports so far. Can't wait to see what the next posts will say from the 'random ATS ether. '

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join