It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Raining Oil in Louisiana! * VIDEO*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This is crazy video footage of a Louisiana town where a thunderstorm came in and unleashed rain oil.

AAC

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
rainwater over asphalt gets that sheen. it happens everywhere there is a runoff from raods, parking lots, and so on.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
i hate to be the first one to cry foul, but this seems like someone decided to go film the street where an old truck sat leaking oil and then claimed it was raining oil.

i guess i will believe its raining oil when someone shows it actually raining (not after a rainfall) and it falling into something where it can be recognized, like a nice clean swimming pool.

you show me dark drops falling from the sky into a swimming pool, and clouding it up, and i'll more then likely think "ahh crap, its started" till then...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Bubbling ocean water video.

AAC

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

great video... lets make it so we all get the same amount of money from birth to death???

sheeshus... communists pointing fingers at communists.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Great find... same as yesterdays thread:

Raining Oil In Louisiana

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
rainwater over asphalt gets that sheen. it happens everywhere there is a runoff from raods, parking lots, and so on.

Yea Sure!
NOT!!!

How can you write such a bull - I never saw something in 35 Years.
This rainbow colors are sure from oil or something like fuel.

OIL:

OIL:

WATER:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I don't see how some find it hard to believe it could rain oil and the dispersants...

And someone mentioned oil sheens being seen after a rain... maybe in a big city where it hardly rains much.. Kind of funny seeing people trying to debunk this in light of the situation, but of course being skeptic is still good...

With the oil spill coverup taking place and the definite damage that has and will happen it doesn't even matter if one story about what the oil has done sounds far fetched or not, because of the damage that will definitely happen is inevitable..

And because of the totality of damage that will happen I believe this administration will discover the true wrath of the American people and they will have no place to hide in the future..They will be known in the history books to be as bad as any of the worst villians in history... take your pick...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
I don't see how some find it hard to believe it could rain oil and the dispersants...

And someone mentioned oil sheens being seen after a rain... maybe in a big city where it hardly rains much.. Kind of funny seeing people trying to debunk this in light of the situation, but of course being skeptic is still good...

With the oil spill coverup taking place and the definite damage that has and will happen it doesn't even matter if one story about what the oil has done sounds far fetched or not, because of the damage that will definitely happen is inevitable..

And because of the totality of damage that will happen I believe this administration will discover the true wrath of the American people and they will have no place to hide in the future..They will be known in the history books to be as bad as any of the worst villians in history... take your pick...

If it rains frogs and fish, why not oil?
english.pravda.ru...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
its the same reason why hot asphalt gets slick right after a light rain.

the sheen is a prismatic scattering of light. the pic of the clear water was from an overcast and darker image.

watch the video, the large puddles did not have the shiney colors on it... if it had rained oil, everything would have been covered...

the sheen in the oil comes from a brighter source of light and an incidence of the correct angle.

in order for it to rain oil, it has to be taken from the ocean surface and into the upper air, and then it has to remain suspended until it reaches said rain destination, where it has to condense or attach itself to a water droplet... wait. thats right oil is a hydrophobic particle and would not attach to water vapor... and for oil to be evaporated to a vapor state, well that requires temperatures that would combust oxygen and hydrogen particles. that is why oil is used as a lubricant in high friction systems. also known as your car that gets hot as eff when you run it. much hotter than required to boil water... but yet the oil continues to remain a lubricant with a low viscosity??

USE COMMON SENSE PEOPLE

it is NOT raining friggin fuel oil!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Rhmmmmm! This Video is already more or less debunked!

Update: The EPA sent us this statement: "EPA has no data, information or scientific basis that suggests that oil mixed with dispersant could possibly evaporate from the Gulf into the water cycle." But one of our readers points us to a report (PDF) from the former Minerals Management Service claiming that lighter crude oils can evaporate. So it might be possible that oil is mixing with rain.
Source: www.fastcompany.com...

So, it is possible or not?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Yep totally

Doesn't take any stretch to imagine it raining oil with the stuff laid out over huge areas, free to have nature redistribute it.

The coverup of the truths happening is felonious and the people doing this deserve the worst punishment possible.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

Once oil is in water it is tough to remove the two from each other...

And the dispersants disolve the oil plus there are many other petrolium distillates in the mix and so depending on the weather it can very easily rain the stuff, although I doubt you would see the thick black oil raining ...
But the rain will certainly rain a mixture of all of the above mainly because of the corexit stuff being there..

Get some good winds and the dispersant laden oil basking in the hot sun and you can believe it will rain oil/dispersants

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

And the dispersants disolve the oil plus there are many other petrolium distillates in the mix and so depending on the weather it can very easily rain the stuff, although I doubt you would see the thick black oil raining ...
But the rain will certainly rain a mixture of all of the above mainly because of the corexit stuff being there..

Get some good winds and the dispersant laden oil basking in the hot sun and you can believe it will rain oil/dispersants

oil and water are never hard to remove, refined, dispersed, mixed, or otherwise. that is why they are scraping and vacuuming it off of the surface of the water. same goes for any petroleum product.

home experiment (under adult supervision with proper PPE)

take 1 part gas and mix with 1 part water. shake and shake and shake.
sit and allow to stand. observe results.

repeat with motor oil, diesel, any petroleum product of your choice.

dispersants cause the oil to mix with the water, but does not make a homogoneous mixture.

side note: it is not raining methane either. the day it is cold enough to liquidate methane gas is a day we have bigger things to worry about than methane rain. like the frozen solid oceans...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux

Update: The EPA sent us this statement: "EPA has no data, information or scientific basis that suggests that oil mixed with dispersant could possibly evaporate from the Gulf into the water cycle." But one of our readers points us to a report (PDF) from the former Minerals Management Service claiming that lighter crude oils can evaporate. So it might be possible that oil is mixing with rain.

read the article, then read the report that they cited. now apply the word "evaporation" in the sense that they meant.

not that the oil evaporates into the air. that it evaporates and goes away.

please dont just look for something that may possibly support your argument without reading, and understanding, first.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

read the article, then read the report that they cited. now apply the word "evaporation" in the sense that they meant.

not that the oil evaporates into the air. that it evaporates and goes away.

please dont just look for something that may possibly support your argument without reading, and understanding, first.

I think i was pretty neutral. I posted pro and contra argument. "that it evaporates and goes away" makes absolute no sense. Nothing just goes away.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

OIL:

Hmm, now that looks very much like a blob of oil was on the pavement FIRST and then it rained ! (you can still see the shape of the original 'blob' It would not be so intact if it were actually within the rain.

My verdict, this is a hoax.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

oil and water are never hard to remove, refined, dispersed, mixed, or otherwise. that is why they are scraping and vacuuming it off of the surface of the water. same goes for any petroleum product.

home experiment (under adult supervision with proper PPE)

take 1 part gas and mix with 1 part water. shake and shake and shake.
sit and allow to stand. observe results.

repeat with motor oil, diesel, any petroleum product of your choice.

dispersants cause the oil to mix with the water, but does not make a homogoneous mixture.

side note: it is not raining methane either. the day it is cold enough to liquidate methane gas is a day we have bigger things to worry about than methane rain. like the frozen solid oceans...

Yes but that is with human intervention seperating the oil from the water... and we were talking about what nature is doing with the oil..

The mixture doesn't need to be homogeneous to have some of it evaporate and find itself raining back down to the ground..

I think you are overthinking all the science behind what is happening a little much...

Sounds almost like you want to believe that the oil and dispersants will just disappear if they leave it alone and ignore it....
Nope, it is going to get in everything and taint everything it comes in contact with.. that is common sense

[edit on 25-6-2010 by alienreality]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

When a liquid evaporates, its molecules must separate themselves from their attachment with others in the liquid and then move off into the air space above. Heating the liquid makes the molecules move faster and weakens their attachment to each other. That is why warm liquids may evaporate more quickly than if they were cold. Nevertheless, the molecules in some kinds of liquids, like oil for example, are rather large and well-tangled up and attached to each other. This means that evaporation, if it occurs at all, is very slow. That is why cooking oil, even though sometimes heated to a very high temperature, does not evaporate to an appreciable extent. Regards, ProfHoff 652

Source: www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

According to this, it must be very hot to evaporate oil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join