It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You'll Never Tape Me Alive Copper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
With all the old bill(police) and their egos helping to unstabalise society, the moral of the story is to ALWAYS record them one way or another!!

A DRIVER accused of being abusive by a cop walked free from court - because he had taped his arrest.
Dad Alan Snook was pulled over by PC Matthew Spencer for not wearing a seatbelt.
Alan, 42, was so alarmed by the cop's attitude he switched on his mobile.

The Currant Bun

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: I am not a big fan of LEO's and so since I am biased I'll just sing and watch and wait until this thread has boiled before I chime in!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
With all the old bill(police) and their egos helping to unstabalise society, the moral of the story is to ALWAYS record them one way or another!!
That doesn't sound like a bad idea, especially if your mobile phone can record, it should be pretty easy.

A lot of cop cars have the dashcam recording the traffic stops, but I imagine it's up to the prosecutor if they choose to introduce it into evidence or not. If it favors their case they will, if it hurts their case, they won't. So having your own recording isn't a bad idea at all.

I must say any time I've been pulled over for a traffic stop, I've been treated very professionally, with only one exception, some guy in an unmarked car, but he even admitted he was probably the cause of the problem and let me go. But I'm sure there are exceptions where sometimes people aren't treated professionally. And it's nice to be able to defend yourself if that happens to you, and a recording should help.

join