It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Australian Prime Minister Kevin) Rudd's leadership hangs by a thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I'm not an American I am an Australian and if I care if she's born here or not so others will to (though I dont think she's the only foreign born PM). Thats not the reason I dislike her as our PM though but it will be an issue for people.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by riley]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
On a personal note, I'm gutted that Lindsay Tanner has just retired. He was my favorite politician by a long, long way. He could have been the PM IMHO.

IRM

I hadnt heard that
I really liked him too.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
G’day All,

I watched parliament question time on the ABC this arvo, and there was poor Kevin sitting in the back bench, what a brave man, I nearly shed a tear for him.
The man was almost crying, I’ve never felt so sorry for the man before, he looked shattered.
It goes to show that what you love most can be taken away just like that, I do hope he will be strong enough to get thru it, better men have committed suicide over stuff like this.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

meeeh
Where she is born is of no import, a piece of rock, how she is raised and her citizenship, she's given more to this country than me, and certainly is more ocker than me

Im not her greatest fan, Id just hate to see a insignificant issue raised. I like she was born elsewhere, shows Australia is the truly the lucky country.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kernoonos

G’day All,

I watched parliament question time on the ABC this arvo, and there was poor Kevin sitting in the back bench, what a brave man, I nearly shed a tear for him.
The man was almost crying, I’ve never felt so sorry for the man before, he looked shattered.
It goes to show that what you love most can be taken away just like that, I do hope he will be strong enough to get thru it, better men have committed suicide over stuff like this.

Kernoonos.....

What did Rudd care about all the people he did in with his appalling schemes?

He should shed a tear for them!

If he loved the job at all, it was only because of what it did for his ego.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by riley

meeeh
Where she is born is of no import, a piece of rock, how she is raised and her citizenship, she's given more to this country than me, and certainly is more ocker than me

Im not her greatest fan, Id just hate to see a insignificant issue raised. I like she was born elsewhere, shows Australia is the truly the lucky country.

G'day All,

Here Here Zazzafrazz!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
1. Her nickname should be Julia Hoolia like in the Wedding Singer.

2. She was raised with Australian values, so that makes her an ozzie in my books.

3. If we form our own party I put my hand up to be Treasurer, cause at least I can balance my own budget.

Hmmm... The Right Honourable Treasurer Heffo... got a ring to it LOL

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I'd rather see an aboriginal become PM.

that being said.. doesn't matter how ocker you are backstabbing someone is not a very aussie thing to do. You can talk about Australia being a fair and lucky country but she hasn't acted very fairly.

edit. The mining tax really did suck billiard balls however and was very unfair.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Yes and thats a separate issue if thats how she is perceived, As I said, Id hate other "pretend issues" like which hospital she gurgled and burped in that didn't really formulate who she is..... becoming a issue, when really its not.

What she did, can be viewed any which way, and that can be a issue. But where she is born, its a no brainer in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by Kernoonos

Kernoonos.....

What did Rudd care about all the people he did in with his appalling schemes?

He should shed a tear for them!

If he loved the job at all, it was only because of what it did for his ego.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

G'day All,

Piont taken Maybe .. Maybe Not,

I was just sayen it was brave of him to even be there, I know I would have been at home packen up my stuff for the big move....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
AngusYoung for Prime Minister!

He'd pass a law that states rock 'n roll 'aint noise pollution, and then you could crank up the music at parties all you want!

Seriously though:

1. Rudd severely annoys the mining giants.

2. Mining giants spend millions throwing mud at him.

3. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Gillard announces she is challenging for the leadership, despite saying just over a month prior she would never do what she just did.

She deflected questions about a Hawke-Keating style Kirribilli pact by telling Sydney radio host Chris Smith: "There's more chance of me going round the world sailing solo a dozen times."

Herald Sun

4. Rudd stands down, realising that he is facing overwhelming opposition.

Im standing by my claim that the mining companies paid off people.

[edit on 24/6/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

She's 'orrible!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by riley

Yes and thats a separate issue if thats how she is perceived, As I said, Id hate other "pretend issues" like which hospital she gurgled and burped in that didn't really formulate who she is..... becoming a issue, when really its not.

What she did, can be viewed any which way, and that can be a issue. But where she is born, its a no brainer in my opinion.

I will backtrack a bit. I was under the impression that she moved here and was educated overseas.

I was wrong.. she was indeed educated here.

Some of you may want to print out the part where I wrote "I was wrong". You can frame it and put it all your wall.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Its exactly how he came into power.
Forcing Creen for his job.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by gordonwest
AngusYoung for Prime Minister!

He'd pass a law that states rock 'n roll 'aint noise pollution, and then you could crank up the music at parties all you want!

Seriously though:

1. Rudd severely annoys the mining giants.

2. Mining giants spend millions throwing mud at him.

3. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Gillard announces she is challenging for the leadership, despite saying just over a month prior she would never do what she just did.

She deflected questions about a Hawke-Keating style Kirribilli pact by telling Sydney radio host Chris Smith: "There's more chance of me going round the world sailing solo a dozen times."

Herald Sun

4. Rudd stands down, realising that he is facing overwhelming opposition.

Im standing by my claim that the mining companies paid off people.

I am leaning towards this theory.. but i thought she said she had more chance going to Mars? or was it playing for the bulldogs?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Helen Clark back home might as well have been a man...

I miss Aunty Helen

Better than the twat we have now by a long shot.

Hope she does you well Australia. It is always good having a woman on top..

I thought it was Uncle Helen

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I was wrong.. she was indeed educated here.

She went to Unley High here in Adelaide apparently.

At least we have a background on her, unlike some other world leaders.

[edit on 24/6/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I am leaning towards this theory.. but i thought she said she had more chance going to Mars? or was it playing for the bulldogs?

Playing for the Bulldogs was:

"There's more chance of me becoming the full-forward for the Dogs than there is any change in the Labor Party."

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Be under no delusions, I dont think she orchestrated this, Bill Shorten is the one to watch......
Remember that, we'll talk on him in time......

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
How sad that the momentous occassion of our first Female PM will always be seen as the day that the Labor Party imploded and elected her in without the support of the people.
Will she win the next election on her own merits? It's very unlikely that she will. Our first female PM will also be one of our shortest reigning PMs ever.
Tony Abbott... step forward and take your free prize at the next election. Dont worry Tony... you wont even have to fight for it.
A sad day in Aussie politics...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join