It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM: Gulf Hurricane could KILL MILLIONS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

(at 2:08) "as this black oil comes ashore, we've have 1% of it so far, and lots of people are in the hospital for inhaling benzene, and other things."

(at 2:16) "when it come ashore in a hurricane, we could have millions of people die, so you could actually see manslaughter indictments..."

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Matt Simmons did say that. He's also recommending a low-level nuke. Wow.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I like how the interviewer took exactly 2 second to misrepresent what the guy had said regarding the nuclear bomb shut off method.

There is a great video of Russians doing this with an out of control gas well.

As for the killing of millions part. I don;t know there is only one thing that can happen.

We just have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug

While I believe that a hurricane could be devastating, I don't think that it would kill a million people. This seems to be normal MSM sensationalism, as they do this with everything, most notably terrorism.

With that being said, I think that a hurricane could contaminate the land and drinking water, causing a huge evacuation at worst. So, while I don't think that "millions" will die, I do think that millions could be impacted to a great extent, if a hurricane comes through. We just have to hope for a miracle that this year, we will be spared from any storms coming through that region.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
so is this part of the tptb plan's to depopulate the planet?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
If a storm does come through and create toxic environments that would force a mass-relocation, how would anybody be able to be "on location" safely to provide real-time live coverage?

We could end up with a media blackout of the whole transpirings.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I would think that storm surge would be a huge issue with any hurricane impacting land along the Gulf of Mexico. It scares me to death to think about a 15-20 ft. storm surge of oil and Corexit washing miles inland.

If an oil ridden storm surge struck any major city in the gulf, how would you clean that up? Do you think the federal government will be handing out "How to clean up Corexit and Oil on land" pamphlets for those affected?

The sheer potential for insane destruction is only bested on the terror scale by the ineptitude of our ability to deal with an oil storm surge.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Computer model predicting Hurricane Alex

Link to computer model presentation, which may be changed, updated, or deleted at any time.

moe.met.fsu.edu...

Footnotes:
(1) Some of this info may be elsewhere on ATS, but I felt it should be documented in this thread, so I shot and posted this video.

(2) The video was shot within 1 hour of this post and documents the informantion then presented at the above link.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug

Wow... could the placement of that hurricane be any worse? This summer is going to be VERY VERY BAD. Best of luck to SE coast residents...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Gulf Hurricane could KILL MILLIONS!

Unlikely but it could make millions homeless. i don't think there is that many stupid people that would stay and be killed.

A hurricane could push million of gallons of oil ashore for 20 or so miles over 50 to 80 miles of coast coating everything.

Then all it would take would be a lightning bolt to start it burning.

All industry, homes, businesses, would go up in a firestorm.
All port facilities, boats, ships, along the coast would also burn.

The only people killed would be those stupid enough to stay and try to ride out the storm.
The loss of the oil refineries along the coast alone would put the country into a depression never seen before and make the housing meltdown look small as oil prices rose to $8 to $10 a gallon.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Although nothing is certain 1 thing you can BE sure of is if the SHTF the government will be coming for your GUNS!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
While I believe that a hurricane could be devastating, I don't think that it would kill a million people. This seems to be normal MSM sensationalism, as they do this with everything, most notably terrorism.

At first glance it really does seem to be sensationalized, but I read recently that Low Pressure weather systems can dramaticly increase the release of suspended methane gas in swamps and wetlands, and a hurricane is a massive area of extreme low pressure... Given the kind of sensational comment made about potentially killing millions, I wonder now if some of these guys have been briefed on the possibility of a massive methane related sublimation event. No, an oily hurricane won't kill millions but a big nasty cloud of methane and other gases passing through a densely populated area could. Makes you wonder if they know something we don't.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This is what a lot of people need to understand: They don't NEED a massive category 5 hurricane to sweep through to destroy their livelihood. Every time any storm comes from the Gulf, there's a chance that it could be carrying oil. Massive hurricanes are rare, but rainfall from the Gulf happens all the time. As far as I'm concerned, the Deepwater Oil Spill is a ticking time bomb that is inevitable.

If I am incorrect in my reasoning, somebody who is an expert in "oil being lifted up from one place and put somewhere else" can explain to me how the Gulf Coast will survive the next year or two (minimum) without a storm carrying the oil over.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Given the kind of sensational comment made about potentially killing millions, I wonder now if some of these guys have been briefed on the possibility of a massive methane related sublimation event. No, an oily hurricane won't kill millions but a big nasty cloud of methane and other gases passing through a densely populated area could. Makes you wonder if they know something we don't.

WOW, I AGREE! A big nasty cloud of methane (and H2S) hitting costal cities could kill millions, and kill them fast! Perhaps that is why Mr. Simmons has holed up, far far away from the gulf, in the state of Maine.

Also, according to my memory, Matt Simmons has been warning for a long time that should an "event" cause the power-grid to go down for any length of time, "millions" could die do to starvation. It had something to do with food refrigeration and distribution logistics. It concerned the government's ability to transport food and water, and that during such an event-- millions would die in a matter of weeks.

I may search for videos of him making such statements, and will post any that I find.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
its way too soon to know where "hurricane alex" is going to hit....it's still a tropical wave out there in the caribbean, so only time will tell and different models show different land falls....

As for the hurricane picking up oil...that's not going to happen, oil does not evaporate so it will not "Rain oil" it's just not possible...also storm surges rarely go 20 miles inland...the only reason that happened with Katrina is because it's New Orleans....

A hurricane may push more oil inland but it might also clean up the beaches like the 1979 Hurricanes did for the Texas coasts during the Ixtoc spill....so all this has happened before....NO the hurricanes won't be affected by the oil and NO there will be no oil rain

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Goradd]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goradd
NO the hurricanes won't be affected by the oil[edit on 23-6-2010 by Goradd]

Oh well that's a relief, because most of the scientists and meteorologists that I've read up on have said they don't know what effects the oil is going to have on a tropical system... Do you have a source for that information or is it your own supposition?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

source is 1979 when 4 storms went through the oil filled waters of the Gulf of Mexico during the Ixtoc Spill...Hurricanes then went on to hit the texas coast where it helped clean the oil stained beaches

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
it really depends on how fast the storm travels. if its a hurricane or tropical storm and is only going like 8 miles an hour it gives plenty of time to push the oil and spread it out a bit...but at the same time when the eye of the storm finally gets past the oil the tail winds would push the oil back the opposite way. either way, it will get worse before it gets better. and either way they need to cap the damn leak first.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

As for the hurricane picking up oil...that's not going to happen, oil does not evaporate so it will not "Rain oil" it's just not possible...also storm surges rarely go 20 miles inland...the only reason that happened with Katrina is because it's New Orleans....

Sorry, but you are wrong. Oil does evaporate.

Links to scientific paper on this issue:

#1) A pdf file from a .gov website: www.mms.gov...

#2) Same paper on google docs:
link

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Gold_Bug]

Fixed link - stretching page

[edit on 23/6/10 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

reply to post by twitchy

source is 1979 when 4 storms went through the oil filled waters of the Gulf of Mexico during the Ixtoc Spill...Hurricanes then went on to hit the texas coast where it helped clean the oil stained beaches

See, that's what I thought. Does your supposition take into account that the ongoing, methane rich Deepwater Horizion Leak is said to now said to cover "75,000 square miles, and covers roughly 30 percent of the Gulf of Mexico" (*)? Nobody knows what kind of effect that size of a spill is going to have, this thing is showing up in Cuba, and as far as I know, Ixtoc wasn't full of millions of gallons of Corexit and dissolved methane. You take 1/3 of the Gulf of mexico and paint it with a high gloss dark color and run a tropical storm over it... suffice it to say that I think it's a little premature to say it won't have any effect and kinda ludicrous to compare it to the Ixtoc spill.

Edit:
Clean the Beaches? By that I take it you mean you mean move the oil... inland.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by twitchy]

<<   2 >>

join