It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's and natural disasters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The BP oil fiasco has been going on for 3 months and it has me wondering. In the past there have been numerous sightings of UFO's hanging around natural disasters and in some cases they even prevented disaster.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Summary: Eyewitnesses say that they saw an UFO hovering above the exploded reactor - some people saw a spaceship hovering above the fourth generating unit of the Chernobyl plant. Eyewitnesses say that an UFO was there for six hours and that hundreds of people saw it.

Here is what Mikhail Varitsky had to say: ?I and other people from my team went to the site of the blast at night. We saw a ball of fire, and it was slowly flying in the sky. I think the ball was six or eight meters in diameter. Then, we saw two rays of crimson light stretching towards the fourth unit. The object was some 300 meters from the reactor. The event lasted for about three minutes. The lights of the object went out and it flew away in the northwestern direction.¦

The UFO brought the radiation level down. The level was decreased almost four times. This probably prevented a nuclear blast.

So you have hundreds on witnesses and a scientist saying a UFO stopped a massive reactor explosion with a beam of light.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You also have a high ranking military offical stating that a UFO stopped a nuclear missile hatch from opening up.

They seem to be concerned with the general welfare of the planet, so where are they now? One of the biggest ecological disasters in our history with no end in sight and not one sighting?

Have they given up on us or are they just lettingit happen so we can learn a lesson, any thoughts?

[edit on 22-6-2010 by bringthelight]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
At first I thought why would aliens want to stop the chernobyl reactor from exploding?, then I read this....

"Roughly 180 tons of enriched uranium were in the reactor. If a large blast had happened, half of Europe would not currently be depicted on any maps"

I did not know it would/could be that bad. It makes sense the ET would want to prevent this.

So this got me thinking. What about other disasters?

"UFOs prevent meteor crashing in Turkey"

www.share-international.org...

Your right though this oil leak is a massive environmental catastrophe! so....WHERE ARE THEY?

[edit on 22-6-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Thanks for the info on Turkey! I remember that too. I also recall hearing about a UFO containing a chemical spill in the southern US but couldent find anything on it tonight.

Maybe they are waiting for a masive outcry and then they step in to save the day?

Maybe this event brings on the disclosure everyone has been waiting for.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
You also have a high ranking military offical stating that a UFO stopped a nuclear missile hatch from opening up.

Who was this?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

www.nicap.org...

1st Lt. Robert C. Jamison—Former USAF Minuteman ICBM targeting officer (Combat Targeting Team Commander), 341st Missile Maintenance Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Montana: 

Jamison states that he assisted in the re-start of an entire "flight" of ten Minuteman ICBMs which had simultaneously and inexplicably shut down immediately after a UFO was sighted in their vicinity by Air Force Security Police. Jamison is certain that the incident occurred at one of the missile flights located near Lewistown, Montana, perhaps Oscar Flight. This event probably occurred on the night of March 24/25, 1967, based on Jamison’s portrayal of related events.

Jamison said that while his and other teams were preparing to respond to the stricken flight, they were ordered—as a precaution—to remain at Malmstrom until all UFO reports from the field had ceased. He further states that his team received a special briefing prior to being dispatched, during which it was directed to immediately report any UFO sighted while traveling to or from the missile field. In the event that a UFO appeared at one of the missile silos during the re-start procedure, the team was directed to enter the silo's personnel hatch, and remain underground until the UFO had left the vicinity. According to Jamison, the Air Police guard accompanying the team was to remain outside and relay information about the UFO to the base Command Post. Jamison’s own team re-started three or four missiles but did not observe any unusual aerial activity. 

Jamison said that while he was at the missile maintenance hangar, waiting to be dispatched to the field, he overheard two-way radio communications at the temporary Command Post, relating to another UFO having been sighted on the ground in a canyon near the town of Belt. He states he recalls hearing that a top commander—either Malmstrom’s base commander, or the 341st Strategic Missile Wing commander—was on-site with other personnel. Based on these recollections, it appears that Jamison is describing the well-documented Belt, Montana UFO sighting of March 24/25, 1967.

Jamison said that immediately after the missile shutdown incident, for a period of approximately two weeks, his team received a special UFO briefing, identical to the one described above, before being dispatched to the field. 

Jamison said that approximately two weeks after the full-flight missile shutdown, his team responded to another, partial shutdown—involving four or five ICBMs. Prior to being dispatched, Jamison’s team received a report that the missile failures had occurred immediately after a UFO was sighted over the flight's Launch Control Facility. Jamison recalls that this incident took place at a flight located south or southwest of Great Falls, possibly India Flight, and during daylight hours. 

MOD EDIT AND NOTE: Fixed external source tags and added a source link.

Please read: Posting work written by others.

[edit on June 22nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I did not know it would/could be that bad. It makes sense the ET would want to prevent this.

So this got me thinking. What about other disasters?

"UFOs prevent meteor crashing in Turkey"

Your right though this oil leak is a massive environmental catastrophe! so....WHERE ARE THEY?

Yes, where are they?

It is a very simple matter to claim some benevolent supernatural force stopped a disaster after the fact. It is also simple to make a claim about an event when there is absolutely no evidence the event even took place. All you need is an audience of the faithful ready-to-believe; you just need to tell them what they want to hear.

But it breaks down when a disaster isn't adverted, when the benevolent supernatural forces don't show. Just as they are absent from this event, there is no evidence they either prevented disaster or that those disaster were even going to happen in the first place.

Instead of asking "where are they?" you should be asking, "where's the evidence?"

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

So hundreds of eye witnesses and a miraculous containment that saved Europe is not considered evidence to you?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
[edit on June 22nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Despite what that site claims, Chernobyl could not have resulted in a nuclear explosion. The fuel of a nuclear reactor is not weapons grade material nor are the fuel rods in close enough proximity to result in a nuclear explosion. It cannot happen.

The meltdown was bad enough. The fire spread highly radioactive material over a huge area. Too bad they didn't do anything about that.

[edit on 6/22/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Actually Phage you are correct. Here is a site that explains that
in more detail:

"The explosion was chemical, driven by gases and steam generated by the core runaway, not by nuclear reactions; no commercial nuclear reactor contains a high enough concentration of U-235 or plutonium to cause a nuclear explosion. Medvedev, who had once worked at Chernobyl and who was on the scene within days, describes the explosion from the testimony of eyewitnesses."

Source: www.pbs.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So hundreds of eye witnesses

You don't have hundreds of witnesses. You have a handful of witnesses claiming there were hundreds of witnesses.

and a miraculous containment that saved Europe is not considered evidence to you?

The "miraculous containment was nothing of the sort. There was a second explosion (which may have been a nuclear excursion) that dispersed the core, preventing further fission. Still, this explosion spread graphite fragments which then caught fire, the main dispersal of the radiation. Radiation levels were so high, workers in the worst struck areas were given lethal doses within minutes; 28 died in less than a month.

If aliens wanted to prevent a disaster and had the power to do so, they had a very odd way of going about it. They did not prevent either the initial explosion or the resulting explosion that lead to the spread of radiation. Nor did they do anything to prevent the estimated 4000 deaths from cancer due to radiation exposure.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ok, even if they weren't "helping", there have been numerous sightings around natural disasters. I believe there were multiple witnesses during the Haiti earthquakes saying there were UFO's hanging around.

They seem to come out of hiding when a looming threat exists or when a disaster occurs.

My question again, where are they in the gulf?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I believe there were multiple witnesses during the Haiti earthquakes saying there were UFO's hanging around.

You believe?

They seem to come out of hiding when a looming threat exists or when a disaster occurs.

Do they? Can a statistically significant increase in UFOs sightings before a disaster be shown?

My question again, where are they in the gulf?

Perhaps you're asking the wrong question. Or you're asking the right question but expecting the wrong answer.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Oops, double-post.

So, how bout them Yanks?

[edit on 23-6-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The BP oil fiasco has been going on for 3 months and it has me wondering. In the past there have been numerous sightings of UFO's hanging around natural disasters and in some cases they even prevented disaster.

snip

So you have hundreds on witnesses and a scientist saying a UFO stopped a massive reactor explosion with a beam of light.

Any chance you could provide some evidence for a single case of a UFO preventing a disaster, any disaster? How about for sample you mention? Hundreds of witnesses? Then it should be easy to provide some evidence.

new topics

top topics

join