It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seventh-graders find a cave on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Seventh-graders find a cave on Mars

www.ethiopianreview.com

Sixteen students in Dennis Mitchell's seventh-grade science class at Evergreen Middle School in Cottonwood, Calif., have discovered a cave on Mars — only the second one to be found in the region, according to ASU News of Arizona State University.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is great!

With the student imaging program, students can control cameras on mars and these students were looking for lava tubes...

The cave they found however is something on the size of a few football fields.

So now this information has been sent up the chain to the NASA scientists to see what they think..

I saw this on CNN and they said it could lead to a giant cave complex inside Mars...

Wonder who lives there now

www.ethiopianreview.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If there was a lot of life on mars, or ever had been, I'd have expected it to have done more by way of erosion on features like this one.

[edit on 22/6/10 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What a great program for schools!

I'm happy these sorts of things are avaialble to our younger generation of children so that they can get some hands on learning and even be credited for finds that the best in the industry have not yet been able to confirm.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is the kind of thing that really gets me excited about science. If these caverns do, indeed, lead to a subterranian cave complex then that allows for a fairly simple (well more simple than trying to launch, land, and operate a drilling rig) way to ascertain if there might be subterranian liquid water in any amount, microbeal life, etc!

And the fact that kids get access to this is pretty darned impressive as well!

new topics

top topics

join