It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange breaks cover but will avoid America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This is a little of what was in the "Truth or Dare, Foreign Correspondent's examination of Julian Assange and WikiLeaks"

In an interview with the ABC's Foreign Correspondent, Mr Assange said cryptically of WikiLeaks' current project: "I can give an analogy. If there had been mass spying that had affected many, many people and organisations and the details of that mass spying were released then that is something that would reveal that the interests of many people had been abused."

Source

I cant find a vid to upload or link to though yet.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

We are being destroyed from within, not by any foreign nation. If the U.S.A came to an end, it is because of attacks within our country.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
bout time someone with *allz showed the world how corrupt the USA really is, the USA goes around being the worlds policeman n some of us really do know how facist the police can be!!
lol

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I am sure he has to enter a code to prevent data from leaking every 24h. If he does not enter the code - SHTF.

Like in Lost TV series - bunker code.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I wonder if Assange is willing to martyr himself for the truth. Looks very much like he isn't. In this age of wussy Internet "gurus" who are somehow idolized, he would be merely yet one more of the rank anf file, ultimately. HOWEVER, it's possible, or at least conceivable, that TPTB threatened him with something much worse than his own death. Perhaps they told him they would make him watch one (or more) of his loved ones being slow-tortured to death if he releases anything... I hope I'm just being wrongly paranoid.

Rule by secrecy is THE "Devil" of all devils.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I find it beyond incredible that anyone could expect the US government to actually find Mr. Assange.

With the combined powers of the US government and BP - they can't plug a whole in the ground. That is of course a matter very much dependent upon Obama and Hayward being able to determine which hole to plug. Obama seems to think the hole he needs to plug is on the golf course. Hayward just can't shut up - would do the world some good, maybe, if he plugged his mouth. There are plenty of other "holes" here worth talking about, but this should be sufficient.

Then there's the matter of that little War on Terror and all of that effort to get bin Laden. Not going very well. So, I think when it comes to a government who believes that national security should be concentrated in... airports and not at the border, that... anyone with a little bit of intelligence can outwit a government that has driven itself to a $12+ trillion deficit.

Assange has more brain cells in the tip of his right index finger than 99.9% of the US Government. Granted, Assange is probably unarmed and overwhelmingly outnumbered.

Normally, I root for the underdog. This time I am rooting for Assange.

-----
edited double verb

[edit on 22-6-2010 by USXpat]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
We can only hope that he will in very short order stand trial for his alleged misdeeds.

If he is convicted, can equally hope that he pays the ultimate price.

[edit on 2010/6/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
We can only hope that he will in very short order stand trial for his alleged misdeeds.

Your a Mod on a conspiracy forum that promotes freedom of speech and Gov transparency and you say the above wtf.

[edit on 22/6/2010 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Oh come on people! The only people that read Wikileaks are all ready believers in that sort of thing. Anybody that really believes the MSM are going to suddenly start exposing TPTB for what they are, just because this bloke gives them the info isn't paying attention. He basically advertised through the MSM and he's not the first alleged campaigner for truth.

Wikileaks? - Wikisting.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This guy had to somehow make a deal or something!!! Just now while looking at the bottom ticker on CNN, It said Wikileaks might release new footage. I know they have talked about wikileaks before. but if this is some footage that could change certain things, why would CNN make more people aware of it

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Recorded the Foreign Correspondent episode that Assange appears on and will (hopefully) upload it to a torrent site soon.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by The Ghost Who Walks]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Please explain why you feel this way.
Exactly what are his "misdeeds" and why should he pay the "ultimate" price?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
reply to post by Portugoal

Do you really think the government is stupid enough to put a 20 some year old kid in charge of secret information?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

How long can they hold Manning
without charging him ????

Indefinitely as it is a matter of National Security.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

"He" refers to?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

He could possibly be a major figure in history with the platform he has and noteriety he is gaining to release information.
He may become a prolific figure in the textbooks of modern history if the confidential information keeps winding up in his hands, sooner or later he could blow the lid of something huge that would turn the people against their countries or eachother.
He must be considered a terrorist threat of the most sophisticated kind.
A modern age cyber space Jason Bourne with international immunity that always has the right information to reserve himself protection from certain individuals while remaining in the public eye.
Always making the right friends at the right time...

Hollywood is probably in the works with this story as we speak.
This is truly fascinating.

"The Life Of Julian Assange"

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
There is that old saying, "You can run, but you can't hide."

That would be true for Assange. Actually, he is trapped already. He cannot fly without being ID. If he flies with phony ID, he will be breaking some law and subject to arrest. No NATO government will want him hanging around. Obviously, his exact whereabouts are known. He is a liability to world safety if he does have those extensive email files. If you believe he is a sane, rational man, read the on-line New Yorker magazine article/interview with/about him. The man is a danger, a Dr. Strangelove of a somewhat different stripe.

There is much jealousy in the world toward the U.S. We constantly see it displayed within these pages of ATS as even our "friends" in the UK and Australia, etc. get their shots in. These messages frequently give a negative slant to everything this country does (or happens here--oil). Realistically, no country of any importance does anything better.

Most of the Western world allows us to be the world's policeman and spend too much of our national teasure on protecting them from their old, current and wouldbe enemies. Of course, we benefit, but no more so than you that value your freedoms (such as they are) from those that would run you over.

Most complainers here and abroad are too idealistic and simplistic in their view of the world. They want a perfect world. It ain't gonna happen. # happens. You can count on it. And if you know anything about the world's history in the last hundred years, you know that without the power and influence of the U.S. the world would be speaking German, Russian and Japanse. And the future outlook is for that language to be Chinese.

The world's business is done by checks and balances. Sometimes the rules not only get blurred, but ignored. And many times, those with anti-U.S. feelings take great glee in point out our mistakes. But no body does any better. Individual humans, armiy units, diplomats and entire governments make mistakes. But no country does as much overall good as the U.S.

And believe me, I am a very strong critic of my government otherwise.
(I won't be responding to retorts to this message.)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

He obviously knows individuals capable of protecting him.
He obviously is speaking with individuals who have great power and wealth and are willing to back his cause.

As far as the U.S. apprehending him lets think about this logically.

He is part of a group of very intelligent, sophisticated cyber warriors if that’s what you want to call them.
Who plan meticulously, are very aware of how government agencies work, have people on the inside and have top notch technology and skill at their fingertips.
Julian Assange doesn’t carry around this controversial information in his pocket!
This is the internet age!
Back up plans to their back up plans with people in place to let the Truth Fire Reign all over the Web for millions to see the horrible cover-ups of our governments!
Julian Assange may not even be the most important figure to the Wikileaks organization; he may just be the face, the front.
Why put your most important figure in harms way?
Who is the real puppet master?
If they kill him there will always be someone else who will step up just like the Taliban.
He may lose his life but someone else will still have keys to the controversial information and that will always be the case.

“This is a snake with many heads, may the Truth be damned” ---U.S. Government

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Um, what's a cable? I know it sounds stupid, but I haven't put together what a "cable" is (other than a long intertwined strand of wires). I assume that it is some kind of video or audio capture.

Not normally that dense, but anyway..

How does this guy keep getting all this secret information without being helped by many in the intelligence community? I know that if I or anyone I know were to somehow get some information of a highly secret/damning nature it wouldn't be long before we were never heard from again.

He's an obvious front, but for who?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Some recent video of Julian Assange speaking at a ALDE seminar.
Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe.

Julian Assange at press conference ALDE Seminar (Self) Censorship 21-06-2010

22 June 2010 — In this clip Wikileaks founder Julian Assange speaks about the Manning case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join