It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran cleric issues fatwa against dogs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NamelessMonster

Each to there own, south koreans eat dogs.

What ever you say about iranians, they are no where as bad as anglo american empire, and there torture of humans.

This rubbish about countries, and why not the press talking about truths about the so called civilized anglo american murderers.

Amazing how the west always tries to demonize.

If they do not like dogs thats there business. Like i said south koreans eat dogs, its there culture, than so be it.

Why should we care if iranian people do not want a dog as a pet.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I dislike all organised religions, but I must say, Islam is the bottom of the barrel for me.

While all religions are mad in their own ways, Islam really does seem to be about utter irrational behaviour.

So, it's ok to behead people, hang accused homosexual teens in the street, stone women to death for showing independance and burn accused criminal people alive (I won't link the vid on that one), but it's *not* ok to have a dog as a pet...

I'm so glad I went to school and received an education and didn't succumb to such a silly, draconian way of thinking.

Kudos, Islam, for trying to keep the human race in the first century.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
This way of thinking seems to be perpetuated myth. Not sure why these individuals have zeroed in on these magnificent creatures God gave us and that we have refined.

My dogs live IN MY HOUSE. Thank you so much. They go to the groomers for baths and haircuts, wouldn't know what a flea is, and certainly don't have worms.

They get checked at the VETS for anything like that, and are kept clean and healthy.

As far as the testicle licking. Who cares? It's just another part of their body they lick to keep clean. They have natural antibiotics in their mouths, just so you'll know. Men have testicles, and so do dogs.
It's just nature, friend. Nothing to fear.

I don't think an Angel would mind visiting my home at all. I think they might like it here, and would probably smile at my dogs, who would delight them, as they do everyone.

They are such loving, honest creatures. Humans would do well to aspire to be more like them.

Exactly, I second everything she said. I live with 3 dogs, the two largest ones obsessively clean themselves like a cat. They are so clean and healthy, and when you bury your face in their fur, they don't even have a smell, and of course they are mostly indoor dogs. I keep the yard very clean, and that is most of the battle. It is all in how you care for them.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
My dog licks his butt, but still cleaner than the dude that came up with this crap. There is a reason dogs are mans best friend.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Oh for...

Is there anything those people do like?

My three dogs have a 'fatwa' for him. It's brown and kinda smelly...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
So, it's ok to behead people, hang accused homosexual teens in the street, stone women to death for showing independance and burn accused criminal people alive (I won't link the vid on that one), but it's *not* ok to have a dog as a pet...

I'm so glad I went to school and received an education and didn't succumb to such a silly, draconian way of thinking.

Well said.
I don't think we can ever begin to understand their twisted mentality though.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here are some reasons why having a pet dog is good for you.

stress.about.com...

www.buzzle.com...

www.buzzle.com...

Having a dog indoors does not mean that you have to make-out with it or let it lick your face, so the fear of them "licking their balls" and butt isn't really fair, and if you bathe them regularly you have little to fear. I say the fact that pet owners generally live longer shows that it isn't a health hazard. I am fine if your religious practices deem them unclean, but there is no need to use other reasons. I personally love dogs, they are great companions, and the joy and benefits that come along with having them are proof enough for me.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by NamelessMonster]

[edit on 22-6-2010 by NamelessMonster]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So, while he's not speaking for all Muslims, neither the government, as he's one of those who keep an eye on the president, to make sure he don't get to misguided by the evil western world, i don't buy his arguments of hygiene.
Nothing but the tool of control, to penetrate emotions and fear to keep people in line, used by a cleric age +80

I do wonder what's his take on the Iranian police of corrupsi ?
Hence, money are full of bacteria

[edit on 22-6-2010 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Problem is, it doesn't matter how many articles, true stories or even scientific studies done to support the benefits of animal companionship - those sorts of Muslims (not all, of course) who come up with these ridiculous decrees are irrational and illogical.

So, using common sense and reason will have no effect. Sigh.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

OK, definitive proof - that Iranian cleric is totally insane.

Please protect dogs - God help dogs in Iran - actually help all people in Iran.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think this says more about Iran than of Islam, I have plenty of muslim friends to whom I pose questions about their faith. I asked my friend about dogs last week - he said that muslims can keep dogs as pets as long as they live in the yard and don't come into the house.

I also found that people misunderstood halal, I always thought it was just a method of killing (a shallow cut to the neck) when infact it encompases the welfare of the animal right up until its death - very similar to kosher. and anchient version of free range!

This anti- islam mentality disgusts me - hats off to our governments the have brainwashed you guys well....I really didn't think I'd run into this kind of attitude on ATS.

For whats its worth, I think that too many people use organised religion to hide their bigotry and you can plop Mr Bible Belt American on top of that pile...I rather like some of the ideas that sikhism teaches - 'If you don't see god in all, you don't see god at all'

[edit on 23-6-2010 by OptimusPrimate]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusPrimate
I think this says more about Iran than of Islam, I have plenty of muslim friends to whom I pose questions about their faith. I asked my friend about dogs last week - he said that muslims can keep dogs as pets as long as they live in the yard and don't come into the house.

I also found that people misunderstood halal, I always thought it was just a method of killing (a shallow cut to the neck) when infact it encompases the welfare of the animal right up until its death - very similar to kosher. and anchient version of free range!

This anti- islam mentality disgusts me - hats off to our governments the have brainwashed you guys well....I really didn't think I'd run into this kind of attitude on ATS.

For whats its worth, I think that too many people use organised religion to hide their bigotry and you can plop Mr Bible Belt American on top of that pile...I rather like some of the ideas that sikhism teaches - 'If you don't see god in all, you don't see god at all'

Ok, I get you are against the Muslim/Islam bashing, but dogs are considered a part of the family by many "westerners". It is an attack on our way of life. And our family.

Where I live, yes there are many dogs that live outside, but the dangers to the small breeds all year around is very real, and even the large dogs that are left outside at night are often killed by the coyotes and wolves. I have one dog that a bird could fly off with, he is that small.

Also in the winter the temperatures reach -40 often. My larger dogs can't survive well in that temperature, and when a dog is left outside all the time, raised outside, they don't learn. And they get dirty. From being only outside. They don't get the human contact and they just go wild. Dogs that are inside often, learn house rules, and they clean themselves when they come in, kind of like a cat. Although maybe Muslims consider cats as "dirty" also
Cats in a house are a good thing because they keep the mice outside.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

What ever you say about iranians, they are no where as bad as anglo american empire, and there torture of humans.

You are trying to incite an argument, aren't you? You troll.

Your positions are well known from your previous posts here.

Now it is well known that Iran hangs homosexuals from lamposts in the middle of their cities. Don't believe me? Here is a link to some graphic photos...

direland.typepad.com...

How do you reconcile that with your statements and lifestyle? How can you defend Iran when you yourself dare not set foot on their soil?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I agree with you! I am an avid dog lover and I for one could bare it if my dog had to live outside! The bonds I have with my cat and dog are very strong (I'm sure I'm being softened up for kids!)...It was just the islamophobia on this thread - there was no need for it...Islamic staes have their ways and we have ours...

Me and my dog!

[edit on 24-6-2010 by OptimusPrimate]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join