It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"For All Mankind" What is in this Criterion footage?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

A plume of lunar swamp gas (LSG) that is obviously in the ascendant phase and passing right in front of the distant planet Mars which is exceedingly bright owing to the very low relative angle between the sun, mars and LSG.

A plume of lunar swamp gas...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

Shoot, oh well it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the good debunking.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

The wall in the end of the the video is next to the 50" big screen I filmed it off. Good eye, I was wondering when that would come up

Edit Wait , thats not my wall!

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Overtime]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Sorry I jumped to conclusions posting what seemed to me to be a far away object of some great height. In no way did I intend to misrepresent anything. My bad though. Gonna have to say case closed on it being a "scientific instrument" which wasnt on the list! Thanks everyone for your help

Can I change my mind at 1:43 pm on tuesday. I now dont believe that this is scientific equipment that was present on the moon.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That's just the Solar Wind Composition Experiment.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

The Solar Wind Composition Experiment was performed on Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, and 16. It consisted of an aluminum foil sheet, 1.4 meters by 0.3 meters, that was deployed on a pole facing the Sun. On Apollo 16, a platinum sheet was also used. This foil was exposed to the Sun for periods ranging from 77 minutes on Apollo 11 to 45 hours on Apollo 16, allowing solar wind particles to embed themselves into the foil. The foil was then returned to Earth for laboratory analysis.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It appears that the "shadow" doesn't line up with the shadows of the other objects in the photo. This shadow maybe the outter most rim of a crater in the distance.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
It appears that the "shadow" doesn't line up with the shadows of the other objects in the photo. This shadow maybe the outter most rim of a crater in the distance.

Wait, dose that change things? I'll try and see if this keeps hope alive

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

I dont know about that one, I'll stick with the telemetry pole which actualy resembles it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticulan

looks like its coming out of the ground... like a pole

Full Image

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

I dont know about that, I see a gap in between object and the ground mirror image suggesting a reflection of some sort. Its not a solid line down. As a matter of fact, I'm still not convinced enough that this is only a scientific instrument but I do appreciate the debate. I just want to try and make 100% sure.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overtime
Its an awesome movie regardless whether or not Im seeing things

There is no atmosphere on the Moon and this causes very distant objects to appear clearer and closer to the human eye.

The moon is 2000 miles across and this structure is on the horizon many miles away. Thats 6-12 MILES AWAY! Im guessing 500 ft tall and not NATURAL. Please help experts!

This is wherein the problem lies and the debate begins.

How do you know there is no atmosphere on the moon?

How do you know that it is 2000 miles across?

Skeptical minded people always say on this site 'show me proof' well I challenge those skeptical minded people who dismiss objects on the moon as camera trickery and illusions. I ask them to prove 100% without any doubt at all that there is no atmosphere on the moon?....The truth is they can't they are only relaying what they have been told or have learnt from others. Nothing is absolutely certain. For all we know there could be scores of colonies on the moon being told the exact thing about earth. Unless we see for ourselves it is conjecture that the masses will roll with until a time we are told the truth.

IMHO there are towers and bases and all sorts of things on the moon that we are not allowed to know about it, as it will disturb the foundations of those that wish to control this earth in its entirety.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

"things are farther away than they appear" is documented by who? Oh the guys who walked around on the moon and drove around. Mountains that looked 200 yards away where 10 kilometers away.

As far as the circumference of the moon I'd like to think that we have the tech and brains to figure that one out. If not then I have lost all hope.

As far as "no atmosphere" well that one I admit could be wrong but it does look like clear sky in pics/vid. Don't you know the haze seen in some photos are lunar domes

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Overtime

Which telemetry pole? I don't think any of the ALSEP packages had antennas that quite looked like that.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Well, thats the only thing thats been suggested that looks like it.

I have to say though, the more I look at it the farther and bigger it looks. I dont think its a pole now. Plus the evidence doesnt hold water for me.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Very good posting and interesting information. Isn't there enough amateur and other sources of photos of the moon now that anything to be seen would have been ?

We can easily buy telescopes ourselves that can see into the craters of the moon with ease....

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I'm still not sure what thing you're referring to. Which "telemetry pole" (and by that, I assume you mean antenna) is it you think that looks like that?

To me, it seems to be the Solar Wind Composition Experiment, viewed at an angle and out of focus due to distance and bloom from overexposure.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yeah I have to say, after spending time on the Lunar Surface Journal today, that doesn't look like any ASLEP equipment that I know of.

Yet the search continues.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I now retract that case is closed and that it was a scientific "pole" of some sort. Until further proof which would now just suck.
I'm working on how to make my avitar smaller as Its my 1st try. Sorry

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Don't give up so quickly, it hasn't been solved yet!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

...that doesn't look like any ASLEP equipment that I know of.

Well...as someone else pointed out, that MAY NOT BE the ALSEP.

What someone needs to do is go through all the available videos (I can't download a program needed to view some of them)...they use a program called "RealVideo", and this hotel computer won't allow downloads (obviously, since it's public use).

We KNOW that the clip used in the For All Mankind movie while 'Buzz' is talking about being number two...that is NOT 'Buzz' in the video!!

(I do hope casual observers realize this?)

The fact that the high-gain antenna, and other equipment was already set up shows that this was NOT EVA-1 for any mission...besides, Apollo 11 only HAD ONE EVA.

Get it yet? All we need is for someone to find a matching video, of a second (or third) EVA where the CMDR was filming the LMP as he egressed down the ladder. Simple. THEN we will know which mission, and WHAT the equipment is.....

...for instance, here's the Apollo 14 Video Library:

history.nasa.gov...

(We can rule out 13, of course. And on 12 Bean fried the camera, so....start with 14).

[edit on 22 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Now thats some great contribution and I completly agree. The audio doesnt match the video so lets figure out what mission. I thought it was 12 but not now.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join