It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Midnight Blue Military Uniforms and Martial Law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This isn't exactly an introductory post, but I couldn't resist the nagging curiosity to find out more information on these midnight blue army uniforms I've been seeing. Hopefully the post reaches past the intro forum :/. Anyway, does anyone know when these blue army uniforms were implemented? And why?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/06eca6d94fa131b3.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm in California and was on a military base when I noticed this. First thing I thought was, "Now, why did they change the color this time?" I had heard murmurings about when the tan color (replacing the infamous green camouflage) first came into play and how "they did it with knowledge that they would end up in the sandy deserts of the Middle East". Of course then we had 9/11 and and our presence there increased dramatically. Don't get me wrong, I understand USA's precense in the Middle East greatly predates 9/11 with Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and whatnot, but that was not a personal affair with America. That was multiple party incident with America selfishly trying to secure its own oil interest, as always. But I'm already digressing. I think there are some truths to the idea of the preemptive uniform change, though I don't fully endorse it.

Now I'm curious. I'm entertaining a similar idea. Suppose they changed all army uniforms to tan just before we entered Iraq because they knew we would. What if this midnight blue is some sort of preemptive strategy to succeed in a new arena?
What does it look like to you?
At first I was baffled, but as I was walking through the cereal section of the commissary nearing the end of the isle another in uniform shot across the walkway before me. This time the troop, who was a different guy, was up close and I witnessed his uniform in full detail.
And for some reason, and I don't know why, I thought of martial law. I thought of a troop in one of these uniforms on a dark suburban street, on a dark night. Could this uniform "help troops to combat civil unrest"? Or "help them blend into a new battlefield that is their own backyard"?

Please keep in mind I'm just entertaining my conspiratorial mind and in no way claiming that these uniforms have been implemented for said scenario. After all, I don't even know when these things showed up, and that's why I'm asking you all. Not sure if "when" matters either way, though. The "why" is more of what I seek to understand. I'm sure there's a solid reason. I'm sure it wasn't all "in the name of fashion" ._.

Okay...you can throw your slightly rotten tomatoes now.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by easy530]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You may want to consider adjusting your link.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Agreed.

Link takes you to Live.com sign in.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I can only assume you're talking about this item HERE since your link isn't working. However, if tactics is anything to consider pertaining to uniform color, then you might just be onto something here... Martial Law, and Covert night Ops...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I have a black pair of BDU pants. I have a pair of Navy Blue BDU pants. I have a pair of Khaki BDU pants. I have a pair of gray camo BDU pants cut off to shorts.
Ripstop cotton. Adjustable waist. Lots of pockets. Most comfortable pants I own.
I'm not in the military. I'm not in any Police Department SWAT unit. I'm just a guy outside Chicago. And I am just saying you can get about 10 different, solid colors, plus a bunch of camo patterned ones, on one of a hundered websites selling such pants and shirts.
Now, if you're seeing MILITARY members, in uniform, with all the patches and a HUMVEE outside....then you might be on to something. I know most Police wear Navy or Black BDUs.

Just guessing, I can't open your link to a picture.

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megiddodiddo
Martial Law, and Covert night Ops...

bro
I seriously doubt the military will be
using their dress uniforms to conduct
covert night ops. This is a dress uniform,
not a work uniform.

And won't these colors clash with the Marine
and Navy Dress Uniform colors????

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megiddodiddo
I can only assume you're talking about this item HERE since your link isn't working. However, if tactics is anything to consider pertaining to uniform color, then you might just be onto something here... Martial Law, and Covert night Ops...

Yea thats not it. I fixed the link. Sorry about that folks.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by easy530

If they are changing to dk. blue uniforms for sure, then you have captured an interesting phenomenon. The chameleon is preparing for it's next illusion. The color change would cetainly denote something. They are magicians and deceivers.

I recall a few comments about political figures all wearing blue ties now.

I think many of us have learned to pick up on these signals. And yes, it's a crucial observation skill because the symbolism often gives us warning and direction.

Your image link is not working, though.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by easy530

Fix your link, and don't link to a picture inside an e-mail .. we can't see those.

Army still has the ugliest uniform of the Armed Forces .. feel bad for them, it's no wonder chicks dig Marines.

Seriously though, navy blue won't help in Martial Law (they wouldn't be wearing their ceremonial uniform anyways?) ..

Now if you notice all the soldiers on the base switch to Urban Camo .... THEN you might be on to something.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well,this is suppose to be the thread for introducing yourself,but since you can not even do that properly,I will answer your question.

They are the new Navy working uniform.

They replaced the old dungaree working uniform.

The camo pattern is easier to hide dirt and grease stains.

No big secret.

Navy working uniform

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Well,this is suppose to be the thread for introducing yourself,but since you can not even do that properly,I will answer your question.

They are the new Navy working uniform.

They replaced the old dungaree working uniform.

The camo pattern is easier to hide dirt and grease stains.

No big secret.

Navy working uniform

If the link is still broken I apologize. I'll try and get the picture linked from elsewhere as it was from my phone.
I accept your unnecessarily condescending response. No, this was not an introduciton. It was only under that name because I cannot post anywhere else for the time being, as you may or may not know. But thank you for clearing up the simple question.

Now, WHY change to blue? For dirt and grease stains really? A complete shift in uniform for dirt and grease problems?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have seen them. I like them. Ten years ago I had midnight tiger, still my favorite.
I don’t know. Your whole interpation of pattern use is a bit off.
I don’t know where to even begin. ..

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
They start issuing military uniforms in the colors they know they will need before they pretend to know that we needed them.

Same thing happened in 2001. They all went "desert camo"

Then 911 happened.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

When I first read the post, I was thinking the same exact thing, that it was just civilian BDUs or Navy NWUs. I have all different color BDUs to include ACUs and DCUs. The OP's broken link may just be pointing to a set of blue colored civilian BDUs. With that being said, I have been on a submarine base, where all of the submariners were wearing blue BDUs. I highly doubt that Navy submariners are going to be used to implement martial law. This thread oddly reminds me of Alex Jones for some reason.

I believe that this is the uniform that the OP was talking about:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da6047767212.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a photo of the Navy's new NWU:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb01feb35e80.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a photo with a better perspective on the color of the Navy's new NWU (note that this uniform is new and so replaces the solid blue BDU, I believe):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2148538cd156.jpg[/atsimg]

--airspoon

Edited to add:

reply to post by easy530

I wouldn't worry about it at all, since it's regular Navy NWUs, most likely anyway.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I sold a house to a Sub Officer and he wore that uniform. As it was said earlier, that is the Navy Working Uniform.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by Cuhail

When I first read the post, I was thinking the same exact thing. I have all different color BDUs to include ACUs and DCUs. The OP's broken link may just be pointing to a set of blue colored civilian BDUs. With that being said, I have been on a submarine base, where all of the submariners were wearing blue BDUs. I highly doubt that Navy submariners are going to be used to implement martial law. This thread oddly reminds me of Alex Jones for some reason.

I believe that this is the uniform that the OP was talking about:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da6047767212.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a photo of the Navy's new NWU:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb01feb35e80.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a photo with a better perspective on the color of the Navy's new NWU (note that this uniform is new and so replaces the solid blue BDU, I believe):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2148538cd156.jpg[/atsimg]

--airspoon

Yes this is the uniform thank you

top topics

join