It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web snooping policy shrouded in secrecy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Web snooping policy shrouded in secrecy

www.smh.com.au

The federal government is hiding controversial plans to force ISPs to store internet activity of all Australian internet users - regardless of whether they have been suspected of wrongdoing - for law-enforcement agencies to access.

Political opponents and other critics of the scheme have described the draft policy as "alarming" and accused the government of going "on a fishing expedition for as much data on the public as they can get". One ISP executive has described the plan as "a nanny state gone totally insane".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
?????????? I just don't know what to think. Who owns the rights to Orwels books cause there's been some major plagiarism from 1984 here. What next, shall we keep tabs on our neighbours to (oh wait we've already got that number here 1900 dob-them-in) I think Rud must have secret talks with Howard, this sounds just like his thing. This is crazy, I'm going back to the bush.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Keep in mind, cyber-spying legislation and the police state in general, is not primarily directed at the average populace. The main purpose is surveillance of politicians. Once they visit the wrong website, write a revealing email, jackpot. Plant some evidence to be picked up by the local ISP? They will be yours forever.

Of course surveillance of the general public is profoundly effective as well at stopping dissidence before it has a chance to spread.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
the problem down here is the politicians are already owned, the media is controlled by two of the most powerful men around, all thats left is the sheeple.

top topics

join