It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upload Problems (Deleting)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have uploaded a file on my ATS space but I have now found out it was in the wrong format - '.jpe' whatever that is. When I try to delete it, I get the message at the top :

Warning: unlink(./uploads/ats10139_[(1134)-04-12-2003]new cvf.jpe): No such file or directory in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/forum/atsupload.php on line 93

Can anyone help me?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would suggest you u2u a moderator to help you with problems with the site.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I cant help you....but a JPE is another form of a JPG....

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I just thought it'd be a better idea to put it here first as someone might know

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
its because you have php code in the file name of which you uploaded. Theres not much you can do, it happened to me a couple of months ago, I still cant delete the file.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
PHP code? What is that?

I'm just relieved it didn't happen on a huge file but still 25k of my space is taken up. Can't the moderators delete them?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
PHP is a language which is parsed to build these web-pages.

I'm looking into the problem ATM, hopefully somebody will be along shortly who can help.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It's been pointed out to me (thanks Kano) that the filenames you have used contain illegal characters, namely the brackets. This causes the script to fail which is trying to delete these files.

Try to avoid illegal file-names, or ones containing any 'odd' characters. I say 'odd' as I am unaware of the actual limitations of the upload system.

If not being able to delete the file is really causing you a problem, it may be possible to have it removed for you. If you u2u me your details and the name of the file, It's possible that I may be able to get it removed. I can't promise, though as (starts guessing) it would probably require direct access to the ATS database, and I should think that there's only one person that can do that.

[Edited on 13-6-2004 by Zzub]

top topics

join