It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bi-polar planet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Earth is bi-polar, and so are her people.

Humans live on a planet where they spend part of their time in darkness and part of their time in light.

Humans are either awake, or asleep.
Humankind is a spirit inside the body of a domesticated primate.
Earth has a north and a south pole.

Humanity’s very existence is defined and even mirrored in this world based on all of life's divisions; on all of life's dualities.

The amount of duality within the human experience is mind-blowing when one ponders it. Earth is bi-polar, and so are her people.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The extreme changes in humanity's world are polar opposites. This is humanity's plight.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
[edit on 19-6-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
That was very deep. However, I would stick with duality over bi-polar.

Yes, we experience a vast difference of opposites in our lives. Probably by devine plan.

Life would be boring if it was static. What do you think? I think I like exteme opposites myself. At least if I remain sane through the process.

Duality is the common theme throughout our existence. Without it, we may have never evolved to our present being. Mind expansion is necessary in my opinion to further ourselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Behold...the man has become as one of us...to know what is good and what is evil.
Genesis 3verse 22

Black White
Rich Poor
Democrat Republican
Conservative Liberal
Big Small
Pretty Ugly
left right
east west
north south
worthy unworthy
Fast Slow
Smart Dumb
Them Us
Me You

We all suffer from bipolar...but the hidden truth is this
....the ones that go crazy are actually the ones that are having a natural response to an unnatural world... Lithium, Mood Stabilizers, and anti psychotics are prescribed because they are deemed bipolar/mentally ill by doctors, psychologists, and drug companies. In reality these people are more sane than the ones that label them insane.
Here's the trick most do not see.

The ones that are happy and content with their surrounding stimuli are in fact the ones with the bipolar disorder and mental illness's because they do not react unfavorably to the bipolar left right paradigm or the insanity around them... they live it and participate with it.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Humans live on a planet where they spend part of their time in darkness and part of their time in light.
Humanity’s very existence is defined and even mirrored in this world based on all of life's divisions; on all of life's dualities.
The amount of duality within the human experience is mind-blowing when one ponders it. Earth is bi-polar, and so are her people.

Dragonsmusic…..

You really seem to be hung up about this “one side or the other” type of thinking. Yet at the same time, you do not return to your own discussion…..you “hit & run”.

You’ve done this twice in 1 day. You started this thread on Sunday 20.6.2010 at 12:07, having started the following thread several hours earlier on Sunday 20.6.10 at 12:07.

Maybe, maybe not thinking; a comparative analysis

ATS team: I am watching with increasing concern the preponderance of fence riding. Subsequently, I wish to better orientate myself to this subject matter. I will be grateful if you will please compare and contrast the pro's and con's of hitchiking.

I’m trying to put all this in context…..

I’m just wondering if some if some sort of crisis has caused this unusual behaviour & if so, how that might affect any dialogue I might offer in your threads.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
No, we're penta-polar. Look at all the fives in us. Five extentions from our torso. Five digits on each hand. a base 10 counting system. Five, five, five.

--If you try hard enough, you can do this with just about any number. There is no core to humanity or the Earth in this sense.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The Romans had a base 12 counting system, could be split up more different ways, 1,2,3,4,6. 10? 1,2,5. Dozens are Still used in the UK to-day, eggs sold in 6's, dozens, also fifteens and eighteens. small cakes, and biscuits too. packs on candles, packs of 'Biro's' in multiples of 6. Flowers in Dozens.
(I think I have made my point)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Dragonsmusic…..

You really seem to be hung up about this “one side or the other” type of thinking. Yet at the same time, you do not return to your own discussion…..you “hit & run”.

You’ve done this twice in 1 day. You started this thread on Sunday 20.6.2010 at 12:07, having started the following thread several hours earlier on Sunday 20.6.10 at 12:07.

Maybe, maybe not thinking; a comparative analysis

ATS team: I am watching with increasing concern the preponderance of fence riding. Subsequently, I wish to better orientate myself to this subject matter. I will be grateful if you will please compare and contrast the pro's and con's of hitchiking.

I’m trying to put all this in context…..

I’m just wondering if some if some sort of crisis has caused this unusual behaviour & if so, how that might affect any dialogue I might offer in your threads.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

Just like in my other thread I'm replying to you again first; that's what the insanity of your insinuations deserves. And once again, it's about duality, not "one side or the other".
MMN, if you're going to become a real Dragonsmusic fan you have to start paying attention to what I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
That was very deep. However, I would stick with duality over bi-polar.

Yes, we experience a vast difference of opposites in our lives. Probably by devine plan.

Life would be boring if it was static. What do you think? I think I like exteme opposites myself. At least if I remain sane through the process.

Duality is the common theme throughout our existence. Without it, we may have never evolved to our present being. Mind expansion is necessary in my opinion to further ourselves.

Thanks. The duality element is what I wanted to highlight here, and you definitely get it. Peace.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
No, we're penta-polar. Look at all the fives in us. Five extentions from our torso. Five digits on each hand. a base 10 counting system. Five, five, five.

--If you try hard enough, you can do this with just about any number. There is no core to humanity or the Earth in this sense.

That's some interesting stuff, man. Though it's about duality as oneness, so it's not about numbers at all. It's like all this division creates a unifying consciousness field for humanity.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

"Duality as oneness" -- I'm afraid you're still talking in numbers, my friend.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It's a good observation, albeit one that has been made by many philosophers throughout history. The play of opposites, yin and yang, dialectics. My guess is this is not unrelated to the quantum wavefunction which is at the bottom of everything in existence, and oscillates back and forth.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

"Duality as oneness" -- I'm afraid you're still talking in numbers, my friend.

I appreciate what you are saying. I think it could be something subjective and you and I are looking at this from different perspectives. To me it's the duality blending into one field, and so it makes this about oneness.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
It's a good observation, albeit one that has been made by many philosophers throughout history. The play of opposites, yin and yang, dialectics. My guess is this is not unrelated to the quantum wavefunction which is at the bottom of everything in existence, and oscillates back and forth.

Yeah, it has been pointed out by philosophers in the past, that's a good point and it's true. The duality of being a piece of evolving consciousness (a soul) inhabiting the body of a domesticated primate is in itself extreme opposites merging into one. What you said about the quantum wavefunction was fascinating, thank you.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

We all suffer from bipolar...

Ahem... No we don't!

but the hidden truth is this
....the ones that go crazy are actually the ones that are having a natural response to an unnatural world...

Yet again you have your facts wrong!

Lithium, Mood Stabilizers, and anti psychotics are prescribed because they are deemed bipolar/mentally ill by doctors, psychologists, and drug companies. In reality these people are more sane than the ones that label them insane.

This is dangerous and ignorant information. Crazy people are not more sane than regular people. Absolute poppycock!

The ones that are happy and content with their surrounding stimuli are in fact the ones with the bipolar disorder and mental illness's because they do not react unfavorably to the bipolar left right paradigm or the insanity around them... they live it and participate with it.

You have your poles reversed! To everything you say, the opposite is true. You couldn't get it any more wrong! You're basically telling people with mental disorders to stop taking their meds because the facts are that they are the sane ones. That sir is insane! Show some responsibility for others and stop giving out potentially harmful information.

IRM :shk:

[edit on 21/6/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Dragonsmusic…..

Just like in my other thread

I cannot refer to your ”other thread” because it has been deleted.

I'm replying to you again first;

Thank you for your courtesy.

However, it was not necessary.

that's what the insanity of your insinuations deserves.

I will be grateful if you will define ”the insanity”. (many thanks)

I will be grateful if you will define ”your insinuations”. (many thanks)

I will be grateful if you will clarify your use of the word ”deserves” in the context of the above. (many thanks)

And once again

I will be grateful if you will clarify if your use of the term ”once again” pertains to your ”other thread”, which was deleted. (many thanks)

For the sake of continuity, I will presume it does unless you inform me to the contrary. Presuming this, I must again state that I cannot refer to your ”other thread” because it has been deleted.

it's about duality

I agree that would appear to be the case, having gleaned that much from both of your threads.

not "one side or the other".

I will be grateful if you will review this definition of the word ”duality”, as per Encarta. (many thanks)

Duality:

A situation or nature that has two states or parts that are complementary or opposed to each other

Subsequent to your review & critique of the above definition, you might glean an inkling of the ambiguous nature of that which you have presented in both of your threads.

Your commentary pertaining to this latter point is welcome.

MMN, if you're going to become a real Dragonsmusic fan

I will be grateful if you will offer commentary as to why you think I might be ”going to become a real Dragonsmusic fan”. (many thanks)

I will be grateful if you will define ”a real Dragonsmusic fan”. (many thanks)

you have to start paying attention

I will be grateful if you will clarify why I ”have to start paying attention”. (many thanks)

what I'm saying

That is what I am trying to clarify.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I don't believe I could write anything on this thread that would "clarify" anything for you. My words might or might not fall on deaf ears in such a case, but I'm going with the former of the two.
It is unfortunate you cannot make a reference to the deleted thread as it appears that you are very interested in it.
The premise I have offered is simply strengthened with your excellent addition to this thread. You have truly exemplified several of the themes I was putting forth in the thread with what you have added to it.
I am most grateful.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You lost my interest after saying "humans are either awake, or asleep".
Anyone who knows anyone knows there are points where a human can be both awake and sleeping.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I don't believe I could write anything on this thread that would "clarify" anything for you. My words might or might not fall on deaf ears in such a case, but I'm going with the former of the two.

So if I'm translating this correctly, you can't or won't clarify your earlier statements. Is the tank empty mate? Whatever the case, if you truly believe in what your saying, and your position is strong, you should be able to back it up and clarify. Unless of course, you weren't really saying much in the first place.

IRM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join