It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mcneil Consumer Healthcare Recalls Four Product Lots of Benadryl® Allergy Ultratab™ Tablets, 100

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Mcneil Consumer Healthcare Recalls Four Product Lots of Benadryl® Allergy Ultratab™ Tablets, 100 Count, and One Product Lot of Extra Strength Tylenol® Rapid Release Gels, 50 Count

www.fda.gov

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Fort Washington, PA - June 15, 2010 - McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., is recalling five product lots as an addition to the list of products included in the company’s January 15th, 2010 product recall. The additional lots involved are four product lots of BENADRYL® ALLERGY ULTRATAB™ TABLETS, 100 count, sold in the U.S.; and one product lot of EXTRA STRENGTH TYLENOL® Rapid Release Gels, 50 count sold in the U.S., Trinidad and Tobago, Bermuda, and Puerto Rico (FULL RECALLED PRODUCT LIST BELOW). This recall is a follow-up to the product recal
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Check your Benadryl and Tylenol bottles if you are a user of either one of these products.

From the article: "The January 15th, 2010 recall was initiated as a result of consumer complaints of a musty or moldy odor that has since been linked to the presence of trace amounts of a chemical called 2,4,6-tribromoanisole (TBA). After a thorough investigation, it was determined that the source of TBA was the result of a breakdown of a chemical that is applied to wood used to build wooden pallets that transport and store product packaging materials."

www.fda.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I checked on the liquid recall and the only info I recall was
the flavor was different than what I had.

Seems strange how different products are effected.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This right here is why I refuse to take drugs in general. I prefer just to deal with a stuffy nose.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
This right here is why I refuse to take drugs in general. I prefer just to deal with a stuffy nose.

My nose is too stuffy and my eyes hurt to much to ignore.
OP why you gone scare me like that?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

Lol. Purpose was not to scare but inform. I take Benadryl myself, and
was relieved to see that the lot number on the bottle I have did not match the recall lot number.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well folks, rather than indulging thse big pharma corps and simply masking symptoms allow to alert you to some fine plant based alternatives:
Headache: White willow bark, Jamaican Dogwood bark, Meadowsweet, yarrow, or conversely consider using liver associated herbs for headaches formed from liver dysfunction: Dandelion leaf and root, White Peony Root, Bupluerum Root
Allergies: Naturally occuring anti histamine is found in Freeze-dried Stinging Nettles, Golden Rod is also fantastic as an allergy aid. Food allergies use a homeopathic Urtica Urens tablet.

Consider astragalus and western larch for immune building prior to allergy season, start loading 3 weeks before ti hinder or stop allergies.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

Thanks. I will have to check into those alternatives.

top topics

join