It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seventh Seal Of The Apocalypse Has Been Opened...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
i dont see Jesus saying touchdown, instead i see Jesus with his hands up calling for the Lord.. And the lightning strike was def. a sign in my opinion.. But as far as the statue i guess interpretation is in the viewer.. Cool Find.. S+F

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Creepy, strange, and I'm glad it's gone. The first time I ever drove by that thing, I had to do a double-take to make sure I actually was seeing what I was seeing. It's really awful, and I have nothing whatsoever against Christianity or (tasteful) displays of it. I can't imagine how many accidents that thing must've caused.

Also, I hope there is some sort of investigation as to why this thing wasn't properly grounded and fireproofed. Whoever issued those permits and conducted those inspections probably took a nice little payday. If they rebuild (and as mentioned here before, sheer ego says they will) there had better be a laser focus brought down regarding safety issues. With any luck, that thing won't pass at all under the light of day.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Tom Cruise just danced on a couch!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
that was one UGLY jeebus!

too old to be Jesus, anyway!

look at his fat hairy forearms!

made the angels puke every time they did a fly-by!

thank you oh mighty dragon of sky-fire, for smiting down a piece of crap public eye-sore!

check this out:

According to reports in the tragedy no injury is reported and damage is estimated to $700,000. It was the largest sculpture of Jesus Christ in the United States. It was constructed with the cost of $250,000 in 2004. Calls are coming to church and people are expressing their sympathies on this great loss.

a quarter of a million dollars wasted on that atrocious statue?
how many empty bellies could they have fed with that amount of cash?
how many homeless families could they have helped get back into the groove?
how many old people could they have done nice and necessary things for, such as painting their houses and fixing their fences?

so they spent 250G but losses came to 700G - they lost their statue and another 450G!

that's an obvious PENALTY for an obvious FOUL.
obvious to some, i should say.
probably not obvious to the lovers of the ugly statue.

[edit on 6/15/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Touchdown Jesus is dead, it's a sad sad day for those of us who loved to laugh at this utterly ridiculous statue.

On the other hand it's so so funny that Jesus got struck by lightning. I wish someone had caught it on camera, imagine a touchdown Jesus with lighting streaming from his hands.............priceless.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

he is to blind to see the real truth. ignorance is bliss.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Hallelujah/Alhamdulillah... But some Christians and Jews think As soon as you say the word Allah for the name of Your God you mite be a terrorist and put you on the tv( colosSEuM )and Real time live virtual HD plastic sugery render (like on some news shows) you to look like Osama or a Space Alien... all the time you scream out... but I'm not Osama or an Alien
O-Well.

Mr X

Discloser;

This for Conspiracy entertainment purposes only and not to taken as truth from a Real-Stinker in anyway so please do your own research for free
Etc...from my other post... Besides I only heard it through the grape vine?... So who knows?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yeah, stop worshiping graven images! That includes bobble heads and kewpie dolls, including Chucky - he's creepy.

So Christians and religious enthusiasts alike should take a hint: God is everywhere and will bring forth rain, err, strike upon your idols with bolts of lightening.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by virgom129

I'm gonna burn in hell

Maybe not.
Who died and made you Judge?

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Some people are very naive.
What if this person who by testimonial is already cast in doubt.
was taunting God. Denying his comandment with malice.
It is concievable.
I want to know who here on this thread would deny Gods presence on this earth even as I write this. please make yourself known to him.
Here and now. Nothing will happen I promise.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

And nothing of value (spiritual or otherwise) was lost

2nd line

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Maybe it is the seventh sign. Lightning just struck the vessel collecting oil from the gulf spill

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You are all wrong.
This is Zeus's rage at our blasphemies against him through false faiths such as christianity and islam.
Repent or you will spend all of time being tortured by Hades!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You are all wrong.
reply to post by hippomchippo

I don't see how I missed it. Of course everyones wrong but you.

Creepy, strange, and I'm glad it's gone. The first time I ever drove by that thing, I had to do a double-take to make sure I actually was seeing what I was seeing. It's really awful, and I have nothing whatsoever against Christianity or (tasteful) displays of it. I can't imagine how many accidents that thing must've caused.

Please call it anything but Christianity. This is not Christianity.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hahahahahaaaa!!! Burn down all the Jesus statues, at least something good happens in these crap days!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

You are all wrong.
reply to post by hippomchippo

I don't see how I missed it. Of course everyones wrong but you.

Please call it anythying but Christianity. This is not Christianity.

That was a joke, relax.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by crash override
i work with somebody that goes there and he said when you "join" they ask for W-2's and they tell you how much to give. I asked if he still goes there and he said yes. i guess the old saying goes "you can buy your way into heaven"

No church has the right to ask for your W-2. Tell him to run away from that blasphamous, heretical dwelling as fast as he can.

A few years ago my wife was discussing going to church -- if only for our two kids to have some sort of "ethical environment"

It was NOT an evangelical church -- but they also asked for our tax returns -- I suppose to make sure they knew if we were "tithing."

Suffice to say, I won that debate: No to church.

>> I used to have the opinion "live and let live." But I get the felling now, it's like leaving oily rags in a huge pile -- eventually some spark is going to use that to burn down your house.

I know that Atheists are accused sometimes of being "evangelical" of their own "non-religion" -- but that's usually by people who might have been bullies who felt offended by someone saying "stop punching me in the face." You only feel the presence by the few places in our country where the pressure of Christian dominionists is absent.

But as you might have noticed -- at least THOSE PAYING ATTENTION; the takeover of this country started with the Evangelical churches. I've talked to some Baptists who said that some of these NeoCon characters would get into churches, and start talking about the sins of abortion and the like, and basically would cause so much problems for the head of the establishment about ending this sin or that, that the church leaders would leave. In their place, would step people on a mission.

It's not just random and it's not just accidental -- there was a consorted effort to take over these groups around the Reagan era. He traded "no tax on churches" for support of his pro-corporate policies.

Take a quick google search of "defrocked" religious leaders and CONSERVATIVE politicians -- even around the world. You will find a disturbing pattern of "freaky-ness" and a pro-Corporate preaching style.

Any closed, unquestioned, and powerful group is going to promote the "freaks." The Catholic church isn't the only one -- it's human nature. Say you are a Molester of some sort -- and you've got Candidate A and Candidate B to pick as the new leader. A Molester, crook, or what-not is going to pick Candidate A if that's the guy who last let a Bishop who molested 5,000 deaf kids off the hook. Maybe that's how the votes went to vote up the Bishops to the Cardinals, or the Priests to the Bishops. Like a fish -- it rots from the head down.

The Mobsters only trust people with blood on their hands.

>> So, not only the problem is a Religion -- it's just ANY system that pushes Doctrine that MUST NOT BE QUESTIONED, and has leaders with authority with no checks and balances and who are not required to be transparent. If you have a school board, or an election committee, or a Board of Directors -- if there is nobody who can challenge them or have oversight, they become corrupt over time.

Always.

Absolute Power does NOT corrupt Absolutely -- every individual -- it's only the corrupt who over time, get into a position of Absolute Power.

>> Anyway, Religions got merged with "Free Market" group think from the Chicago School of Economics, and Trickle Down and Kiss Up has taken root in this country. We've only got police looking at petty crimes and pot smokers while nuclear weapons go missing and trillions go poof on Wall Street. We can't fix the Gulf Problem because we allowed a company to cause a problem that CANNOT BE fixed because they never invested time and energy in preventing it -- it was cheaper to hire people to slam Green Peace and make fun of hippies.

We keep taking lessons about morality from people who have failed the test and they get to tell us that the Good Guys are the Bad Guys.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

noticed your signature thought you might like this too-

18 In your thoughts you will ponder the former terror:
"Where is that chief officer?
Where is the one who took the revenue?
Where is the officer in charge of the towers?"

19 You will see those arrogant people no more,
those people of an obscure speech,
with their strange, incomprehensible tongue.-Is33

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

ithink Zeus is covered under the Nano-Thought umbrella of the one true God and the other law of Thelema bounds him.

1; Jesus said, "Lucky is the lion that the human will eat, so that the lion becomes human. And foul is the human that the lion will eat, and the lion still will become human.".

2;Jesus said, "The person old in days won't hesitate to ask a little child seven days old about the place of life, and that person will live.

For many of the first will be last, and will become a single one."

X-Sword... for the Murder of the Lamb shall be the death of all the Hypocrites into the Eternal Hell of the Great Abyss.

May Peace be with us all... the Greatest Gift of love from the One... Just my opinion

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I've been saying for the longest time that people should not worship Jesus as the Lord. God said to only worship him and no other... just saying.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
You are all wrong.
This is Zeus's rage at our blasphemies against him through false faiths such as christianity and islam.
Repent or you will spend all of time being tortured by Hades!

We all spend time tortured in Hades do we not? At least according to greek mythology?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join