It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran scholar 'offered $10m by US' (nuclear scientist)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Iran scholar 'offered $10m by US' (nuclear scientist)

presstv.ir

Amid conflicting reports on the fate of an abducted Iranian researcher, new intelligence suggests he was offered financial incentives by the US.

In an audio tape obtained by Iran's intelligence sources, Amiri said he was offered 10 million dollars to appear on CNN and announce that he travelled to the US on his own free will.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Earlier on Monday, a video surfaced in which Amiri said he had been abducted by US and Saudi intelligence agents while on pilgrimage tour of Mecca last year.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Sadly, I believe that he was offered this money as it is definitely something that I could see the US doing. These are the tactics that I would expect the US and/or Israel to use in their ongoing efforts to slander Iran in a build-up to war.

It looks like the Iranians are going to try and pursue this through court, though I don't know how successful that will be since we know the courts are also in the pockets of those who influence US policy.

--airspoon

Edited to add: Here is a BBC report about that video, Videos deepen mystery over Iran nuclear scientist Amiri

presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This makes me wonder about all of the other "defectors" that have come forward. Remember the case made to get us into the 1st Gulf War? Children being raped? That turned out to be false testimony too, where a family got paid to say those things.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
For some reason, the link in the OP just brings me to the front page of PTV. Here is the link to the actual article: www.presstv.ir...

Also, I found this video:

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join