It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ont. police track suspicious fertilizer purchase

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

For starters, who SOLD all it to this person?
In my opinion if you are in the biz of selling fertilizer,the red flags go up immediately if somebody requests such a large amount.
You don't sell it to them and let them drive off with it.
Hello?
I'm not honestly too worried about this though..especially after reading this part of the article.

The suspect has been described as a Caucasian man between 40 and 50 years old with a short, stocky build. He might also be missing fingers from his right hand.

Sounds like he ain't too bright. Probably got his bomb plans off the internet.

news.ca.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You are obviously a city dweller. This sounds to me like a farmer (many farmers lose digits from machinery accidents). Also this is not alot of fertilizer especially if you run a farm and it is planting season. I see nothing suspicious whatsoever with this story.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just curious, how many have experience with high explosives?

Which ones will lead to simply a missing finger? If you're close enough to be holding something or working on something there will likely be other signs such as a missing arm or head or torso or person.

Maybe a fireworks maker will just lose a finger or two. Somebody manufacturing high explosives? Not so much.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Often times when just beginning or when tryin a new design one will make a miniature of the larger design to test its reliability and to judge the effectiveness of the design and then extrapolate the data to determine what would be needed for a larger version. Sometimes u get careless and two substances come into contact accidentally and poof ur wife is opening ur kethcup bottles.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nepafogo

Originally posted by AccessDenied

For starters, who SOLD all it to this person?
In my opinion if you are in the biz of selling fertilizer,the red flags go up immediately if somebody requests such a large amount.
You don't sell it to them and let them drive off with it.
Hello?
I'm not honestly too worried about this though..especially after reading this part of the article.

The suspect has been described as a Caucasian man between 40 and 50 years old with a short, stocky build. He might also be missing fingers from his right hand.

Sounds like he ain't too bright. Probably got his bomb plans off the internet.

news.ca.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You are obviously a city dweller. This sounds to me like a farmer (many farmers lose digits from machinery accidents). Also this is not alot of fertilizer especially if you run a farm and it is planting season. I see nothing suspicious whatsoever with this story.

A couple weeks late for planting season..and WRONG. I live in a tiny town, and spent 2 years living on a farm.I didn't claim he lost his fingers making bombs..only that one may interpret it that way.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
first it was the firebomb at the RBC branch in Ottawa... now this. Clearly the media is hurting to find ways to legitimize the security budget for the G20.

ps. someone needs to pollute Harper's 'fake lake' with some BP oil...

THERE YA GO.. JUST LIKE REAL LIFE!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here's a related article with the now released police sketches of the suspect:

www.torontosun.com

TORONTO - Police have released sketches of a man who purchased a large quantity of potential-bomb-making ammonium nitrate in the Niagara region.

The man, in his 50s or early 60s, is being actively sought by police across the country.

At a press conference in Toronto on Wednesday afternoon, authorities said they have no evidence the fertilizer was purchased with bomb making in mind.

But with the G8 and G20 summits in Toronto and Huntsville only two weeks away, police are taking no chances.

edit on by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well, they have found the guy who bought the fertilizer. They said it was confiscated at 2 separate households, and turned out not to be suspicious. What I don't get is, if it wasn't suspicious, why did they take it away from the buyers? They should have just made sure the paperwork was filled out.
They didn't elaborate any more on the issue.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join