It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voodoo caused Hurricane Katrina and the Oil Spill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You said:

The only black magic happening in the Gulf is oil.

Very clever! I've had my giggle-snicker-ATS-laugh of the day. Thanks to you.

(The OP is right though....voodoo practice is common in New Orleans, among the weird. I disagree that it works, but they do practice it. You can hire a witch or whatever they call themselves..to cast a hex for you.

In FACT.....I have a little bag of Marie Laveau's original Gris-Gris Bag....for PEACE...sitting on my desk as we speak. And my mojo hand; and a can of "SpellBreaker" is on a bookshelf somewhere.) All from New Orleans.

As novelty's of course. (Albeit there is a story behind the can of Spellbreaker).

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yes many people take advantage of the vulnerable in ever aspect of human life.

And many ask for neither fame nor fortune.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDarlingFace

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Be nice ALWAYS screws you in the end. The only people that tell you that when you are nice you attract good things to you are the evil people because they need nice people to take advantage of! Sad but true! Screw spirituality. Where has that ever helped anyone in this world? Most spiritual people are so miserable that they have to meditate and pray and dream up a whole different world opposite of this one to be somewhat happy.

I don't remember a time in my life that I wasn't spiritual,

Spirituality has help me though many trying times when I drew upon it for strength,

Most spiritual people are so miserable that they have to meditate and pray and dream up a whole different world opposite of this one to be somewhat happy

So?

Meditation and prayer have been proven to have many benefits on the lives and health of those who practices

Medical Benefits

Western medicine has discovered over the last 25 years that the body and mind are closely connected. Our health is tremendously affected by beliefs, emotions, thoughts, and stress. Meditation or quieting prayer is one practice which individuals can do for their own health or healing. Pioneering research by many, including Dr. Herbert Benson, Dr. Dean Ornish, Joan Borysenko, Ph.D., and Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D. has shown that individuals of any and all faith traditions can have a better health outcome with daily meditation or quieting prayer.

Over 700 studies have shown these effects of meditation:

* • Lowered oxygen consumption.
* Decreased heart rate, metabolic rate, and heart work load.
* Brings high blood pressure to normal.
* Drops cholesterol levels.
* Increases exercise tolerance.
* Lowers stress and anxiety as measured by higher skin resistance and decreased cortisol (the major stress hormone).
* Decreased muscle tension.
* Decreased depression and post-traumatic stress syndrome.
* Enhanced immune system by increasing activity of “natural-killer cells” and moderating the overall immune response.
* Increases serotonin production in the brain, improving insomnia, headaches, and obesity.
* Slower aging processes.
* Decreased irritability and moodiness
* Improved feelings of happiness.
* Better learning ability and memory.
* Reduces Pre-Menstrual Syndrome
* Improves post-operative healing.
* Reduces cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, and drug abuse
* Calms the cardiovascular reactivity to stress

Continuing research has also shown meditation to have a treatment effect for a significant number of people with various ailments including hypertension, cardiac arrhythmia, atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), heart disease, infertility, asthma, emphysema, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, insomnia, and arthritis.

How does this work? Neuroscientists at Harvard Medical School used MRI technology to monitor brain activity while participants meditated. The left frontal cortex, the calmer side of the brain, was activated. This side controls the autonomic nervous system – the system that regulates all the functions we do not have to pay attention to in order to control, such as blood pressure and digestion. People with more activity in the left frontal lobe also are calmer and happier. Again research shows an increase in alpha waves – the relaxed brain waves.

Meditating brings about these dramatic effects in as little as a ten minute session. Generally we can say that regular, daily meditation practice of at least 45 minutes or more is most likely to bring many benefits to the individual.
www.whenonepercent.org...

People with more activity in the left frontal lobe also are calmer and happier.

Why are you so angry?

[edit on 103030p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 113030p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What did the Africans, Icelanders, Tibetans, Native Americans and Jews do to attract such genocides and ill fortune?

Why is China, Israel and America doing so well?

I'm sure voodoo exists. I don't know if it can explain all of the genocides. What about the 10 million or so Haitians murdered by Christopher Columbus on his way to America to kill the Native Americans?

Are the murderers just being themselves and the evil ones attract their attention?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

"i make peace"
"i create evil"

Two different fuels.

"just one fuel in one kind of engine - but two directions in which to go!"

================================================
I see you've done your research.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isa 45:7 KJV

This is a deep subject and as I make sense of it, evil is a creation - which makes it a separate entity. God created evil but causes peace.

I shall ponder your perspective. Below are the Hebrew words for "create" and "make" from Briggs Hebrew Lexicon. Peace

CREATE
OT:1254 bara' —
1) to create, to shape, to form
a) (Qal) to shape, to fashion, to create (always with God as subject)
1) used of heaven and earth
2) used of individual man
3) used of new conditions and circumstances
4) used of transformations
b) (Niphal) to be created
1) used of heaven and earth
2) used of birth
3) used of something new
4) used of miracles
c) (Piel)
1) to cut down
2) to cut out
2) to be fat; (Hiphil) to make yourselves fat
===============================================
MAKE
OT:6213 `asah —
1) to do, to fashion, to accomplish, to make
a) (Qal)
1) to do, to work, to make, to produce
a) to do
b) to work
c) to deal (with)
d) to act, to act with effect, to effect
2) to make
a) to make
b) to produce
c) to prepare
d) to make (an offering)
e) to attend to, to put in order
f) to observe, to celebrate
g) to acquire (property)
h) to appoint, to ordain, to institute
i) to bring about
j) to use
k) to spend, to pass
b) (Niphal)
1) to be done
2) to be made
3) to be produced
4) to be offered
5) to be observed
6) to be used
c) (Pual) to be made
2) (Piel) to press, to squeeze
Briggs Hebrew Lexicon

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Ive been receiving some interesting private messages from people who would prefer not to post here.

This is one (excerpts):

Heey, I've been reading your thread about haitian voodoo and Katrina and oilspill. Don't be bothered by people that do not grasp ideas of natural energies used and abused by humans.

The process, visible in the Gulf region as Katrina was a bit bigger then a hurricane. If you have the sight of the different groups that mentally tried to control weather and earth patterns, you would have noticed the struggle that has been taken place during the process for you known as Katrina. At the same time we had snow in desert, freakstorms in europe earthquakes, well I'm not going to tell you, figure that out. It was a wild ride. Katrina could have been so much worse if we had not fought it. And I know you can see it, just not sure you are looking behind that area. The earthquake in Haiti was a punishment for what some did app. 3 years ago. You know that too, i guess.

What is not clear to me, and probably never will, sometimes earth needs to balance what humans "unbalanced" like the EQ in Haiti. But some times Earth uses Humans to release negative energy not inflicted by humans and then that humans are used to reform that energy.

Another thing is this, it is not only Haiti as you know, Banda Atjeh, is wiped out for a similar reason.

Comment: I agree that a wide variety of groups from all over the world compete in regards to energy.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
So they are accidentally sending this negative energy into the universe or is it intentional?

Id guess (and hope) that most are not quite aware of what they are doing.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I only can remember one Voodoo that really worked well:

3DFX Voodoo Card:

[edit on 10-6-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
the catholic church- Same as above, PLUS molesting children, plus murder, plus thievery... Again- Where destruction?

This is a common logical fallacy of materialists. Like 99.9% of churchgoers, christians or muslims are molesting children and involved in murder.

Learn about Proportion and Percentage - that goes not only for you but all other similar statements regarding China, the US, etc.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by lucid eyes]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Voudoun, like any other religion has its share of charlatans. The role of a Mambo or a Hougan, as a person who has been initiated into the mysteries of the religion, is to pass those mysteries on to those who desire to be initiatied.

Voudoun, is about communing with forces of spiritual nature. It's about physical and psychological healing.

Before you make blanket statements about all practitioners of a particular faith, maybe you should step out side of the box that is giving you a very ethnocentric and xenophobic point of view.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I'd like to add that Brazil has about ten million practitioners of Candomble, a religion derived from the religion practiced by the Yoruba people of Nigeria.

Apart from the violent crime that goes hand in hand with poverty, why isn't Brazil which is a economically successful country the victim of such disasters?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Palmer777

If you've travelled to Brasil and to Haiti, as I have, you will notice significant differences in the mood of the nation.

This isnt specifically about what Religion people practice but about the overall mood of an area before disaster hits.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I've not been to Brazil or Haiti, but I have been to Cuba which shares many similarities to those two countries in terms off how the African Diaspora is represented.

I lived in Miami for several years in the heart of Little Haiti.

One thing I notice from the people of Haiti, Brazil, and Cuba is a certain stoicism when it comes to the world at large. They tend to take things as it comes. Perhaps it is an innate understanding of what goes around comes around and what goes up must come down.

Not really sure. I just no there is a lot of heart, tons of laughing and smiling in spite of, and a lot of soul.

I attribute it all to a very strong belief in other realms. Actually, I dare say the word "belief", because in the African Tradition Relgions, belief is often a non issue deu to the intense spiritual nature of practicing any of those various religions. To the practitioner, the Loa, Orisha, and spirits of the dead make their presence very known. Faith is more of an issue as you have to develop faith in the relationship you have with them.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by lucid eyes
If you havent studied the invisible you wont be able to see this, nor will it make any sense nor will I be able to prove it to you. It would be a waste of time if I tried to.

Really?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01001623861f.gif[/atsimg]

I'm glad you've studied and mastered the "invisible".
It seems like a very subjective field and good to use to avoid any necessity in providing facts for outlandish claims.

I wish I could master the "invisible", sounds like a lucrative and rewarding profession.

I checked my local universities for courses or degree plans associated with the "invisible", but there were none.

Shucks.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85Now on another note... anybody has an explanation for the source of this so-called negative energy phenomenon?

Good question, but sorry, I don't have an answer for that! Has it parhaps ever occured to you that we are trapped on a earth-like cage or zoo on a rock, spinning and moving(don't ask me, I honestly have no idea where this accident is going somewhere to happen) forward through space trapped in a re-accuring existence. Notwithstanding the fact that every year it's the same procedure as last year, four seasons occur, Easter, Ascension, Christmas and yes, the voodo season. Honestly, the only thing new in life is the constant reaccuring chatter of mankind and that we are aging(not many want to discuss getting old, especially when it has such a way of creeping up on you). The fact that we are going to die is nothing new, right? Ok, who cares? The point is, one has to study long and hard to stay sharp and ahead of the common ingorance in man. To say that man is becoming more intelligent to me is a flat out lie because the world has not changed much in the last 2,000 years. Oh well, the birth of the 21st century seems to be a very ripe time for some great course correction. "Man Alive" I can hardly wait.

p.s. by the way, the Haiti government recently passed a law and voodo is now a accepted religion there...you see, nothing has changed about man's inner stone age!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Ive been receiving some interesting private messages from people who would prefer not to post here.

This is one (excerpts):

I think it completey sucks, that you would share a U2U from another member, in your thread, to bolster yourself. That they sent you, A PRIVATE MESSAGE, which you chose to share, member name or not, is disgusting, on your behalf. What this person had to say, was very interesting, none the less, but they sent you a personal message. Had they chosen to participate in your thread, they would have done, so.

To even share a message to you personally, show's what type of person you are.

Rotten to the core, is my opinion!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
I think it completey sucks, that you would share a U2U from another member, in your thread, to bolster yourself.

I actually asked permission to post it. And received permission. I also omitted several personal pieces of information.

That they sent you, A PRIVATE MESSAGE, which you chose to share, member name or not, is disgusting, on your behalf.

You sound really bitter.

To even share a message to you personally, show's what type of person you are.

Your post shows more of who you are.

Rotten to the core, is my opinion!

Im not surprised at this, the way you called Protos deceit earlier "fair game".

I told you from the very beginning you are not one I want to discuss with - now I see the reason why.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
No way, am I bitter.

To point out a persons veiws from a U2U, to back you up, in regards to a topic, on Voodoo, created disasters, such as Katrina, the oil spill, eathquake in Haiti, just goes to show what lengths you go to, instead of backing up your claims, with RESEARCH, you mentioned in your opening post.

Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Look at it throws a temper tantrum, out of the blue.

Some U2Uers simply stay anonymous because they dont want to be publicly associated with this topic - which is understandable considering the low and very personal attacks one has to put up with for sharing an interesting idea.

Now watch it squirm and throw another tantrum...

[edit on 11-6-2010 by lucid eyes]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palmer777
Voudoun, is about communing with forces of spiritual nature. It's about physical and psychological healing.

thank you for pointing that out.

The events that preceded the exodus of the Hebrew peoples from Ancient Egypt were the product of one man's ability to commune and command natural forces through spiritual means.

this is what i consider true voodoo - also called by many other names including magick and sorcery.

it was Moses.
his anger and resolve drove him to incite the volcanic eruption which sunk Thera.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join