It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is A Broader Conspiracy Over The BP Oil Spill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Trading $90 billion in market value for $90 million company?

Doesn't make any sense to me...that's selling/trading at 1/1000th to the mark, that's nuts, especially for money men.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Photo's of the area's your talking about are all over the place. They show them on the news constantly. If their hiding it, they're doing a piss poor job of it. Just watch the news. It could be they are keeping the rubberneckers away. You know, the idiots that get in the way trying to have a look like the ones at auto accidents.

Why would they give up billions in oil revenue and pay billions more in fines and restitution just to get a small amount of Natural Gas from that small strip of land, when they don't even need to enter that land to drill for it? If they have adjacent land they can simply drill there and take it all anyway.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Come on man, if I'm right this is the 3rd biggest conspiracy of the century right behind 9/11 and Hitler's rise to power.

I was intrigued by your theory until you said this...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Perhaps this nearly snail speed reactioon to the oil spill crisis is just another precursor to declaring marshal law, and sending congress home for a long rest.
After all the more things get screwed up infrastructure wise, the readier people will be to hand over the reigns of power to the first quick fix

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
They knew exactly what they were drilling into.

This is not an accident.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
actually it is way more complex and even more far out i just need to make 20 posts before i can make a thread about it .

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Some really good theorising mnemeth1, it seems very plausible. But I don't think it will be possible for BP to corner the free energy market, not unless some major control is forced over the internet. There are too many people interested in free energy who are actively working on development and communicating and colluding.
If your theory is correct, I would suspect that BP are not out to corner the market and they are more aiming to get a big piece of it and be a step ahead of everyone else.

On a side note, I would like one of these:
www.switch2hydrogen.com...
Not just for for my car, but to run an internal combustion engine as a house generator charging a battery bank. I think an internal combustion engine from an average car would need to run at about 1200 rpm for about 2 hours a day to provide enough power to an average house for the occupants to be really gluttonous energy users

As far as making the world a better place goes, I think everyone getting off the grid would qualify nicely as a superb step one.

I believe that our dependences are our chains. Energy dependence is perhaps the heaviest chain.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freecitizen

Where's that SHAM-WOW guy when you need him? What we need is a REALLY REALLY BIG SHAM WOW!

Right here buddy...

I personally think BP wants to get out of off-shore drilling...I think they knew about reserves of oil that are much easier to get to, and now is the time to get them.

I would bet my kidney that the oil leases and mineral rights in Iraq belong to ... *gasp* BP!

Why spend crazy money off-shore drilling a mile under water when the USA has basically given oil companies a really sweet/easy place to produce?

.2 and a half

[edit on 10-6-2010 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
this is what ive been talkin about. this is the way our government works. create a disaster so us, the mindless sheep, will follow on the path that they say is the best. i believe they created this disaster for some political purpose. oh, wait a minute, now obama is pushin for ANOTHER major bill into congress. wow, hes good at taking advantage of bad situations, or is it still taking advantage when it was all planned out in the first place? he is pushing for a major change in the energy companies. this oil spill came in at the exactly perfect time.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I think BP intentionally destroyed the well in order to bring about massive resentment of the oil industry.

I think you're overthinking that a little bit. BP have lost what, over 1/3 of their share price, that's a loss of billions of dollars. The spill may well be intentional, but if you're going to think of someone, think of someone like Exxon who are competitors with BP.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
There are other real free energy systems that don't even use any fuel, they just collect and transmit energy from the universe, all around us. These have been bought up and declared top secret by the government, and anybody who talks about them is intimidated or ridiculed. The elites may use this technology for themselves, but they would never release anything so sophisticated for ordinary people, because they have to be able to charge us for power and so continue to keep us poor and dependent on them.

I think it is already built into this system because this one still requires electricity to work. Electricity runs off a billable fuel source. Whether it is coal or oil we will still be billed. That takes the free out of free energy and may explain why the system that you speak of will never see the light of day.

Also, doesn't this kind of remind you of the blue light energy source that the aliens used on ""V". Blue or Black it could still be the initials for "BP".

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
wow, well good job, you found some good evidence and made some good points,

personaly i think Blacklight sucks and theres much better alternatives,

but i think you are right that there is gonna be a battle in the market soon for almost free energy, and i think you are right that BP is involved in preparing for that battle, case in point BP's official tagline is now Beyond Petroleum, another coincedence i suppose, how can you be beyond petroleum if you still use petroleum, new tagline sounds like a declaration to get off the stuff.

while it seems bp is in part involved in Blacklight, i dont think that is the basket which holds all their eggs, and i hope it is a cheaper basket that ends up coming out ahead in the market race soon to occur.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja

I think BP intentionally destroyed the well in order to bring about massive resentment of the oil industry.

I think you're overthinking that a little bit. BP have lost what, over 1/3 of their share price, that's a loss of billions of dollars. The spill may well be intentional, but if you're going to think of someone, think of someone like Exxon who are competitors with BP.

BP is a pawn.

The money behind BP is what matters.

The big money was yanked out just before this stunt.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Maybe that it had less to do with BP and the government needed someone to blame for their actions...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Interesting theory. I dont think BP did it on purpose. They could have stood to make a LOT of money on this rig if it worked right, but it has been plagued with problems since the beginning.

The bp stock sold right before the spill was ANNOUNCED could just as easily be proof that this outcome was essentially a calculated risk. They reported to the MMS as early as march 10 there were serious problems with the well, and they hoped to abandon it.

www.businessweek.com...

My own suspicion is they either blew it up on purpose because it was already leaking, and they A)- hoped it would distract from the fact the well had been leaking for a while previous or B)- hope the explosion might seal the well.

OR they took a calculated risk and chose to push forward even though it was risky, because they had already spent a lot of money on that well, and they didnt want to walk away empty handed. And they knew the cap on costs if they did any damage would be relatively low ($75 mil at that time)

Its certainly easy to come up with nefarious possibilities, and the fact the media isnt reporting anything of any worth certainly adds fuel to the speculation. And i certainly smelled a rat when I saw it was Haliburton who did the final cementing job the day before the explosion. But the more i look at this and new info comes out, i'm more inclined this was just good ol fashioned unbridled crapitalism.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Perhaps I am wrong, but was the 'big money yanked out'? Or were the Put Options merely the actions of people who knew a big financial hit was coming?
I may be mistaken, but my understanding is the sell off of stock doesnt meanm the money leaves forever. It only means that someone expected it drop in the near future.

If higher-ups knew there was a problem with the well before it was announced to the public, then selling off stock would make a lot of sense. And dollars.

So BP doubled down. They pushed ahead on a Well they knew was risky, and bet against themselves in the market just in case they failed. Either way they would win big.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteboynolan

The problem with your theory is you dont provide any evidence of how 'the government' (Obama) was able to sabatoge BP's well without anyone knowing.

I mean, even a shred of evidence might lend some plausibility to your theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join