It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings in South Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There has been several reports of UFO sightings over the seaside south Australian town of Kadina and further north in the mid-north town of Peterborgh. Also Further south at Suburban Elizabeth RAAF Edinburgh has expanded and redeveloped the site. Also expanded the runways. They are planning on moving 1200 troops there from the Northern Territory by December. Are the two related ???

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
When were these sightings?

Seems to be a lot of activity down under...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
They have been for the last month i belive but whats wired is that they are all within 200kms of this airforce base which has been renovated and refitted.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenasangel
They have been for the last month i belive but whats wired is that they are all within 200kms of this airforce base which has been renovated and refitted.

Yeah there have been a lot of UFOs around LAX in california too

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It's just so wired that they are moving troops to this airforce base as well...... you gotta wonder why they are needed there when they were not before.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cenasangel

Edinborough Air Force Base is home to an experimental flight unit, like an R&D section that operates on it's own accord.

Edinborough is also right next to the Weapons Research Facility and Armoury, and having had friends who work at that establishment when I lived in Adelaide while in the RAAF, I can say there are things of interest that our government will not divulge.

I've personally seen large missile silos at nearby Woodside Army Base while on bush training and bivouac in 1978, where we were the "baddies" infiltrating the large camp to plant "explosives" as part of our training.

When deciding to leave the RAAF I had to sign the standard Official Secrets Act and a secondary one that even my Father, a long term RAAF man, never knew existed. Hence he has never believed what I told him.

A quote from a Zen Master who worked at WRE as a Physicist, " I cannot tell you any details about what you saw. But I can say that we have capabilities which our government says nothing about."

So, just based on those things I would think the current activity at Edinborough is of interest, and that with our "ability" we would also be watched by Visitors.

The Zen Master informed me at one time while studying meditation with him, that apparently Adelaide was once a space-port.. when he said "once" I got the understanding that it was eons ago.

Now I had no reason to mistrust this man or denigrate anything he told me in confidence.

After all, does anyone from Adelaide who is old enough remember the Alien body found in the river back in the 60's?

It was front page news at the time with a photo of the body.. which in Australian Media was a first.

If there is UFO activity in the vicinity it will be for a reason. Just what that reason is currently I cannot claim to know.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a) Kadina isnt by the sea its a small inland town
b) Edinburgh isnt getting a runway extension
c) the sightings are totally unrelated imo

200km away from a base means nothing when about 1/3 of this state is Defence land. Nothing can happen anywhere above without it being near something.

The works are based mostly around simple facilities to replace the ones built 50 odd years ago that are full of asbestos. Its been done in 2 stages, they are in the second stage now. They are also getting a new tower and an ordnance apron for AP-3C Orions.

Schedule of Works for Edinburgh AFB

I used to work at Edinburgh AFB and across the road at DSTO, theres not that much to it.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

I've personally seen large missile silos at nearby Woodside Army Base while on bush training and bivouac in 1978, where we were the "baddies" infiltrating the large camp to plant "explosives" as part of our training.

Having worked on that base and lived in the town, I'd be keen to know where these so called mystical silos are, especially as theres no perimeter fence around woodside base, its surrounded by houses, theres not even a guard hut worthy of the name. We used to just walk in and play footy on the oval without challenge.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Although I certainly believe in the probability that aliens and UFOs exist, it sounds like this incident may be attributable to aircraft or UAV testing.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This would not surprise me as i lived at Strathalbyn in the Adelaide hills for 7years. This was when i first became aware of UFO activity as it seemed that at least once a fortnight there was at least some activity to speak off.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

b) Edinburgh isnt getting a runway extension

But it got approved by Playford council

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Are you positive on that? Theres only one place it could possibly be extended towards womma road, and if i recall there were issues the last time it was raised as a possibility. I havent found any planning documents that even mention it yet.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
They could have got approval then shelved it....... Still makes me wonder though whjy they would raise that as a possability even if they did change their mind

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

thats just called the government lol

The only place ive ever seen it mentioned has been for the northern expressway documents which highlight a possibility of extension, but not subsequent project to undertake it. Stage 2 of the Edinburgh AFB redevelopment plan i linked to doesn't incorporate a runway extension, just aprons for the Orions.

I know noise studies have been done over the existing runways as well as illumination studies by Playford Council, but that wasnt recent if i recall correctly.

But hey I may be wrong, its happened in the past, but afaik theres nothing on paper that I can find, which implies it may just be a "wouldnt it be nice if" project.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel

Originally posted by Tayesin

Having worked on that base and lived in the town, I'd be keen to know where these so called mystical silos are, especially as theres no perimeter fence around woodside base, its surrounded by houses, theres not even a guard hut worthy of the name. We used to just walk in and play footy on the oval without challenge.

Hi,

It is Woodside that sits on hundreds of acres of bush isn't it? The place we were trucked to had a typical white fence with guard hut, lawns around the main office buildings and lots of trucks, tanks and the like on training grounds. Pretty sure there was a large area too for the transport training.

My memory of names might not be correct, this was 32 years ago.

Edited to add..

I just did a search, can't find it on google maps but I found some info on the place saying it was "a 162 hectare site" which is 400 acres and that ...

"The camp returned to military service in the early 1950s as a centre for training national servicement and has remained in operation as an army facility ever since. During the Vietnam War, Woodside was home, for varying periods, to 3, 4 and 9 RAR; the latter two battalions were raised there in February 1964, and November 1967 respectively. Returning from Vietnam in 1971, 3 RAR was based at Woodside until it relocated to Holsworthy in 1981. Woodside Barracks is currently home to the 16th Air Defence Regiment. "

So it may well have been Woodside after all if that is the only Training Camp on that much ground there.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

The actual base itself is not really that big. 1/3 of it is defence housing. Theres a small rifle range, a small bit of scrub area you can walk across in 30 minutes tops, theres site engineering/logistics(Who fixed the clutch cable on my car when it snapped, rather nice of them), a few barracks houses, the afore mentioned footy oval and the mess. Theres a few offices and associated buildings. As its an old site, it suffers from all the same issues as the other neglected ADF sites, poor comms, asbestos in everything from walls to the soup etc.

-34.969772,138.884543 thats the gooelmaps location. Theres seriously bugger all there, and I've walked the lot. The perimeter in some cases is a hip high barbed wire fence to keep(sometimes) stock and kids from neighbours getting in.

Missile launch facilities require a lot of matériel, support, security and expertise, woodside just isnt the place. Pine Gap I could believe, but not woodside. You must be thinking of another site.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaderel

Thanks for the GM co-ordinates, much appreciated.

It looks so different now. I can see the offices we "blew up" and the grass verge near it where our hiding skills were put to the test by security in Jeeps with large spotlights, and the Helicopter pad is now a carpark near that office.

But the grounds look a lot smaller.. did they parcel it off and sell sections in the past 30+ years? And there are a lot more buildings on site than I remember seeing on the way in that day.

I can't find the area where the silos were. I do remember clearly they were in front of a tall (about 20 metre) building that was taller than it was wide or deep. The silos looked to be in the process of being built at the time.

What I saw was: At night using compass and co-ordinates to move around we got lost... iron deposits causing the compass to play up?.. and ended up near the building described. IN front were at least 5 large concrete pads about 2 feet thick and about 20 feet square. I crawled up to one, slid onto it and pulled myself over tothe hole in the centre. Inside was a deep well-like building with different level walkways around the inner perimeter, just like pictures of U.S. Missile Silos. Hence why I called them that.

On arriving back at our "baddies camp" in the bushland we discovered that we the last team home and at least an hour overdue. I told my Sargeant about what we saw and he told me to tell no one until I was brought before our C.O. back in Edinborough. The rest is included in my first post on this.

I could have the name wrong, but I was fairly sure that Woodside was the name we were given when being taken in the main gate. Can't seem to find anything on the GM (satellite) remotely resembling what I saw that night.

I hate getting old.. the memory is not so great now.

new topics

top topics

join