It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
"I don't know what this is, therefore it must be a hologram"

Retarded logic.

I don't know what it was. Did Falcon 9 fly over Australia? What time? If they happen to coincide then Falcon 9 is the most probable explanation.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The SpaceX Falcon 9 launched on its maiden flight on Friday at 11:45pm Pacific Daylight Time, 15 minutes short of the end of its four-hour launch window.

That's some 17 hours *behind* where the sightings took place. I'm assuming the 11.45pm is wrong and it should be AM, otherwise it hasn't actually taken off yet ... The Falcon took off and performed its' roll almost an hour before the sighting in Australia?

June 04, 2010 — Spotted this huge spiral light in the sky at 5:50 am June 5th 2010

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by flipp
The atlantic ocean is on the other side of the planet to the east coast of australia. Literally the other side of the planet, dig a hole you'll hit the atlantic. Given this object was traveling South -> North i doubt the rocket would have reached its intended target of the Atlantic as it would be needing to travel West -> East or vice versa.

The object was travelling EAST, so of course it could have ended in the Atlantic.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I remember awhile back I was watching launch day highlights on NASA TV, they had a number of point of view cams mounted on the booster rockets, which showed separation to the fall back to earth.

Sorry I cant find the highlights on youtube yet to post, but here is the link,

www.break.com...

Notice how wildly the booster spins and twists on the fall back to earth.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

True Ocker but a rocket rolls moslty on its axis if I am correct, would it make a big enough spiral as reported?

[edit on 5/6/10 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Norway Spiral - Russian missile launch SAME DAY
Australian Spiral - US Rocket launch SAME DAY

That's called "probable cause"

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

Retarded logic.

I this was directed at my post, you are a bit off base, chief. Not once did I claim that it "must be a holo", merely threw it out as a possibility. Seeing as NOBODY knows what this phenomenon is/was, any guess is as good as the next. I will say this, however, whatever is it...I am willing to wager that it is of human origination, whether that be rocket, hologram, or weapons system test.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
reply to post by ocker

True Ocker but a rocket rolls moslty on its axis if I am correct, would it make a big enough spiral as reported?

Hi Bob
hope you have a great weekend

If you look at the end of the short video I posted last ,you can see the roll that was created about the same time it reached the horizon .

see what you think

cheers

Ocker

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Here is another one of the booster cams, kinda long but you will get an idea of what it looks like when a rocket falls back to earth.

skip to the 2:25 mark on this one

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
The SpaceX Falcon 9 launched on its maiden flight on Friday at 11:45pm Pacific Daylight Time, 15 minutes short of the end of its four-hour launch window.

That's some 17 hours *behind* where the sightings took place. I'm assuming the 11.45pm is wrong and it should be AM, otherwise it hasn't actually taken off yet ... The Falcon took off and performed its' roll almost an hour before the sighting in Australia?

June 04, 2010 — Spotted this huge spiral light in the sky at 5:50 am June 5th 2010

LOL

That is what they are trying to state what it is! OMG I just want to cry and laugh at the same time!

Man, What is the deal with trying to make some excuse up when something strange happens? I never understand human thought.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just watch - I'll bet the farm that later today there'll be reports of an object seen above South America. It will be the same thing that caused this spiral, and the same thing they are now trying to fish out the Atlantic.

If this does turn out to be a rocket part or even a missile, I hope we can finally put this spiral phenomena to bed.

Debunking is good - every time we debunk something we get a little closer to the truth.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ocker

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
reply to post by ocker

Hi Bob
hope you have a great weekend

If you look at the end of the short video I posted last ,you can see the roll that was created about the same time it reached the horizon .

see what you think

cheers

Ocker

Thanks mate you to!

I did watch the vid but still not sure about the size of the spiral compared to what was witnessed here, If it was out of control may be.

Lets wait and see what comes up later, I will be keeping my eyes peeled on the tv tonight.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

Retarded logic.

I don't know what it was. Did Falcon 9 fly over Australia? What time? If they happen to coincide then Falcon 9 is the most probable explanation.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by C0bzz]

Nothing like a bit of respect for other members is there?

Retard Attitude!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Usually I believe anything just keeping an open mind so that I dont get disappointed ..............hehe

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
After a bit of research, I'm pretty sure that what was seen was the separation of the second stage of the Falcon 9 from its payload, a mockup of the Dragon Spacecraft.

Though the flight profile has not been released, the launch was at 14:45 EDT. The event was witnessed at 05:50 Canberra time. About one hour after launch. The timing is right. The venting of residual fuel from the second stage would put it into a spin, creating the spiral effect.

This has been seen before; a 1986 Japanese rocket:

Descriptions of the object and its motion varied, but a general picture soon emerged. It was called, in turn, a pinpoint, a moving spiral, a glowing cloud, and a big ball of fire. In Houston, Don Stockbauer described an orangish nebulosity surrounded by an irregularly shaped white cloud elongated vertically, with a dim starlike nucleus. Brenda Newton of Rochester, New York, recalled: “It started to get bigger and it had a tail. By the time we got out of the truck, it had begun to spiral. It lasted for a few minutes, then became like a dim star and floated toward the west.”

www.csicop.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by FireMoon

LOL

That is what they are trying to state what it is! OMG I just want to cry and laugh at the same time!

Man, What is the deal with trying to make some excuse up when something strange happens? I never understand human thought.

You are aware that the time difference between Pacific USA and East Australia is 18 hours, which means that this spiral occured within an hour after launch? So the time matches almost perfectly - another amazing coincidence.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yep, this case is closed. And I'm going to bed. Good nights work, people.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage.....

2 Questions:

Q1: Is the direction of travel (i.e. apparently west to east) a match with the launch trajectory?

Q2: Based on the time-of-day of this & the Norway spiral, I think it might only be possible to view these events when there is a low angle of incidence between the sun & the spiral. At other times, the spiral would either be washed out (i.e. during the day time) or not illuminated (i.e. during the night time). Do you agree?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
After a bit of research, I'm pretty sure that what was seen was the separation of the second stage of the Falcon 9 from its payload, a mockup of the Dragon Spacecraft.

Though the flight profile has not been released, the launch was at 14:45 EDT. The event was witnessed at 05:50 Canberra time. About one hour after launch. The timing is right. The venting of residual fuel from the second stage would put it into a spin, creating the spiral effect.

If the Falcon 9 followed general launch procedures, it would have been launched into an easterly trajectory to obtain a significant velocity gain from the Earths rotation. Therefore, the Falcon would have been heading away from Australia during stage separations.

Now, we launch eastward ...
Using both the rotational motion of Earth on its axis and the orbital motion of Earth around the Sun, we can save a lot of fuel ...

Source: spaceplace.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Just to ruin it there are always 3 sides to the story... Dennis Gabor's 110th Birthday (see google)... perhaps a hologram, perhaps some secret operation to raise hysteria. Another possiblitiy (And the one the media is using) is the spiral is a strange anomaly caused by the Falcon 9 orbiting very low, the other possiblity the one most people want to know is it is perhaps a portal (to/from another universe?) suggested by the beautiful shaman Keisha Crowther in SPECULATIVEOPTIMIST'S postive. Anyway if these phenomena continue appearing should be very interesting. Would be cool if it is some kind of future-tech which we have not dreamed up in our sci-fi imaginary, would be cooler is two universes are visiting each other as we make a slide. But I'd rather stay sharp and speculative there are too many possibilities

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join