It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Speculativeoptimist.....

I've been looking at & reading about those for years.

Those are nothing more than radar anomalies.

You will find information on the Australian BOM site to that effect.

www.bom.gov.au

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

thank you.... i was thinking the same thing but i wasnt able to confirm it.... i mean something of that size.... no matter what time of day ..... would have been seen by thousands like i stated earlier....

i'm still wondering about the actual spiral footage though.... any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
edit.... sorry i posted twice

[edit on 4-6-2010 by C-Reilly]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Hopefully if sufficient numbers of good quality photos, vids, etc begin to be made public regarding this anomaly, then I'll attempt to do a location fix and analysis ... similar to the ones I did in my threads regarding the Norway Spiral event.

Tauristercus.....

Your Norway spiral work remains one of the true high points of ATS!

It would be fantastic to see you apply yourself to this case, if you can obtain enough information & data to do so.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
[edit on 4-6-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by C-Reilly

C-Reilly.....

thank you....

You are very welcome!

i was thinking the same thing but i wasnt able to confirm it.... i mean something of that size.... no matter what time of day ..... would have been seen by thousands like i stated earlier....

I'll see if I can find the specific BOM link to their section on that.

i'm still wondering about the actual spiral footage though.... any thoughts?

I've always got some thoughts.....but some of them are a bit dodgy!!

Here's an initial wild guess for the fun of it.....

- It was a meteorite

- The apparent movement & speed was obfuscated by the high wind / scudding type clouds that have been experienced up & down the eastern coast during the past few days

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Fantastic stuff.
I am expecting more of these spirals to happen as we cross the galactic plane ,Big change is comeing,
spirals are found all over the world ,all very old ,from diff cultures its a common theme with all tribes or lands of men,
These things mean something, so do the ufos,we are going to get 2000 years of living with the source and his peoples,angels,or aliens if you want to use alien,
light will surround this planets solar system nasa knows the fluff has gravity more to be discovered im sure., be aware when the sun goes dark we will have 3 to five days of dark so prepare water food ,medications and stay in the home,the new radiation will bring light and a change in your reality, a vast change more to the human family being as brothers,the elites know this a few are aligned with the dark and know there time is short and will try to destroy what they have not already destroyed or polluted,they will enslave control good normal people all this for next 50 years starting bad in 2011 new order comes to start 2012 7 years trib.
My own thoughts after reading much from others here on ats and other web sites an blogs,YES something this way comes and its going to be wonderfull ,well after the bad stuff
but its all good and needs to happen

[edit on 6/4/2010 by dashar]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dashar

Ignore their lies, man. The prophecies are to make you afraid so you focus your energy and intent on creating that reality. I'm here to deny you that to save my own ass.
We can make a new future.
Envision what you want and live it and it happens.

"Take the blue pill, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe."

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sandwiches

But i aint afraid

Its something wonderfull D

Didn't you not watch 2010. spirals are found all over .check the electric universe stuff

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Very interesting!

I know its so hard to capture the real experience on camera especially unprepared at 5:50 in the morning, so I believe all of you that saw it and what you described. I'm curious what the 'official' reason will be for it.

.... because I completely didn't buy the Russian nuclear missile reasoning for the Norway spiral which when I saw it on the internet took a long time, more than a day to make the main stream news.

Guess it takes a while for officials to fabricate a convincing story to downsize what you actually saw eh. we'll see....... waiting......

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
thank you raja... although i didnt find a link to the video... perhaps i can google or you tube it?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
another video

and mainstream news ...yahoo7

au.news.yahoo.com...

Multiple people across New South Wales, Queensland and the ACT say they were startled this morning by a huge white light moving across the sky. Canberra resident James Butcher says he was driving home from a night out with his brother when they spotted the "strange spiral light in the sky". "It had a distinct bright centre, much like a bright star, indicating an object shedding light trails, spiralling and fattening out from it," he said. "The effect lasted only two or three minutes, moving and descending quickly out of view. "The colour was yellowish but this may have been blurred and tinted by the morning fog." Wollongong man Eddie Wise says he also saw the light during his morning walk just before 6:00am. He says he has never seen anything like it. "It was like a yellowish, greenish light with a light spiral around it," he said. "It sort of moved around, bobbed up and down and then it went behind a cloud. "I'm just amazed. I want to know what it was." A caller to the ABC, Robyn, says she saw the phenomenon from her home on Sydney's north shore just before 6:00am. She says it was over within two minutes. "There was this white light up in the sky like a huge revolving moon," Robyn said. "At first I thought it was the moon but it was travelling so fast, high up above the eastern horizon and twirling as it went. "It was just amazing and to be quite frank, I was quite frightened and my heart's still pounding." Did you see the lights? Send us your pics.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
im still kind of wondering.... why no stars?????

is it just because of the type of cameras being used???

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Also to be noted is the fact that the story was originally posted on Google News, but is no longer there...

Dont tell me they are attempting to cover this up now!!

On National Radio they are covering it, but an Astronomer being interviewed said its no big deal, something easily explained away...(I'm paraphrasing), probably space junk.

DONT THINK SO......!!

edit:

...and from my vantage point, LOTS of stars, rest assured, cos i checked when the mist in front of the spiral seemed odd.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by benoni]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Maybe..maybe not - many thanks for those kind words and good to see that the the time and effort I put into the Norway event was considered worthwhile by yourself and many others.

Just one interesting point I want to make and probably nothing more than coincidental timing ... but I notice that both the Norway event and the Australian event occurred immediately just before local sunrise. Perhaps being backlit by the rising sun may have contributed to their noticibility in the eastern skies of both countries.

Now if we can start to see any good quality still photo's that may have been taken ...

[edit on 4/6/10 by tauristercus]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Wow this is crazy stuff, definately not normal. I await anymore videos if there are any, and of course more discussion that invariably follows.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
OMG!!! im not crazy after all.. we live in valla beach, north of coffs harbour (moving to cairns in one week) and about 5 in the morning i saw the same thing.. it was wierd.. BTW im new to ats.. just joined because i was looking for information about this phenomenon and i stubled across ATS and i think its an awesome site.

hit the road jack

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
No, because when i first saw it it was more South than East...the sky behind was quite black...but the light was sooo bright, you could'nt really miss it, so bright and big was it...sorry.
Backlit sunrise definately not required....

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well there was a Rocket launch in Florida earlier today.

Maybe a connection?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My question is very simply what will the excuse be when a copy of the Norway Spiral appears again?

Ancient cultures all over the world have drawn the same symbol, it is unlikely that people on opposite sides of the world had seen the same event.

There will be others.

So far the cover story is holding because all these new images are of different types of objects. Similarly, cover stories for many of the 'strange events' work because they appear as one-off occurances. Just wait; I firmly believe based on ancient records that this is only the beginning. As the events start to duplicate and increase in frequency people will not accept "swamp gas reflecting Venus".

These stories are to pacify those fear what they cannot explain, sadly, most of the universe falls into that category.

We are on the cusp of something, what that may be I can only speculate. One thing I can say for sure though is that the spirals recorded by our ancestors were not caused by Russian rockets.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by outbackjack1567
OMG!!! im not crazy after all.. we live in valla beach, north of coffs harbour (moving to cairns in one week) and about 5 in the morning i saw the same thing.. it was wierd.. BTW im new to ats.. just joined because i was looking for information about this phenomenon and i stubled across ATS and i think its an awesome site.

hit the road jack

Hi and welcome to ATS ... once here, you'll find it very difficult to leave

You seem to have had a good sighting of the 'anomaly' and I was wondering if you could possibly supply a bit more detailed info that might help us to try and pin down the location/trajectory/etc of this sighting.
I realize the sighting was easterly but could you fine tune that a little more from your point of view ... was it more easterly or perhaps more to the north ? How high above your local horizon ? How close to 5am was your sighting ... 4:55am or maybe 5:10am ?
From your location, did the sighting occur above any local landmarks such as a range of hills/mountains/etc ?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join