It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new, help me out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
as in the title im new and i would like to know the basics. terminology, and whatever is important to know. Thank you all who will help me. I love this site and its interesting. sorry this is short i couldnt think of what else i should include

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Welcome!

Until Sauron comes, here is something to help you with your avatar .

Glad you joined us!

Btw, what are you interested in?

[edit on 4/6/10 by sandri_90]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
pretty much anything. Politics to Ufos, JFK anything to expand my knowledge. my favorites probably war, and the denver airport gets me wondering. i have found alot of interesting things on here i have never known before
. thanks for the help!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Look at the top tabs. Recent posts is good for getting your feet wet on the general site discussion. Go to member tools and check out some things there. U2U is private messaging. Click board for all the boards and select one. At the very very top there are more links, one being belowtopsecret. Go to it for general off topic discussion, though it isn't very popular. Hope this helps.

one more thing

This board uses bb code.

here is what you need to know on it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Welcome to the site, and enjoy your time here.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
thanks gonna read about the BB code cause i have no idea what that is.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
what are stars and flags and how do they work? what does OP mean?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by smokn442

OP is two meanings. Original Post and Original Poster. (think thats right, I am a bit lit right now) More of the english language hard at work.

Stars and flags are simply a rating system. Think of achievement points. The more your post is admired, the more "achievement points" you get. You can also get points this way to spend in the ATS store (see member tools).

[edit on 4-6-2010 by ventian]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
thanks
i cant wait until i have my 20 posts up. this site is awesome

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Hiya Smokn442, welcome aboard . I realy like the belowtopsecret.com check it out .This is the link that helped me learn to post youtube videos www.abovetopsecret.com...

See you around take care.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

One more thing on the BB code. People find it quite fascinating and here is some more reading.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As stated, I am lit right now, so I am gonna go pass out. Have a great night and hope to see you on here. Always good to have a late night member. Once again, welcome.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
havent heard about below top secret gonna go check that out now!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
well im not feeling good im tired and getting a headache so ill check in tomorrow. good nite all of you, you have been wonderful help

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hello and welcome.
Feel free to ask any questions you might have about the site. Everyone here is very helpful.
Sometimes it can be confusing or overwhelming to be here, but there is always a mod or member willing to help.
Have fun!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS
look forward to seeing you around..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Happy to see you

I think you have gotten some help already, so I will just send you a warm welcome

See you out there

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Hi smokn442, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

top topics

join