It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book of Revelations : Prophecy or Plan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I've read that revelations of the Bible is God's revelations as given to Jesus. Now, is the book of revelations actually supposed to be prophetic in nature or is it actually written by a group of people as a plan? For example, it could be a plan by some people who put it as God's word when in reality it is parable from a secretive group who are bringing the revelations about.

A good example would be the mark of the beast issue. How is it possible for people way back then to know about it? Many people say it is the subdermal microchip. If they're saying it's the subdermal microchip, doesn't that mean there are people bringing this revelation about intentionally?

So, what I'm saying is that the book of revelations is a plan by a secretive group, or known group, who wrote the Book of Revelations as a worldwide plan of action. Also there is the 666 numbers that appear etc., which only indicates a group is bringing these revelations about?

Do you think the Book of Revelations is God's prophetic vision given to Jesus?

The Revelations

Mark of the Beast

Mark of the Beast

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Nifty Question but in all reality it doesn't hold much water.

God did not need to reveal anything to Jesus - for Jesus is GOD.
Jesus (in his Glorified self) revealed the Apocolypse to His apostle John.
The prophecy was written by John on the Island of Patmost (a prison Island).

It is historically known and attributed to John.

I'm sure you could try to say that "they" are the Historians and flushed many things down the memory hole and wrote this book - however - they would have then written the entire Bible, as there are many similarities between the old testiment prophets and the new. Historians will validate the dates of these documents.

I fear that it is the NEW historians, hell bent on rewriting history, that one needs to worry about.

For those that know the biblical texts (regardless if you believe them) it states that GOD knows the END from the BEGINNING - in other words, God knows the nature of man and the choices man makes, for it is our nature to deny what is true and to sin against God.

Basically, the book of Revelation is not a "self-fullfilling" prophecy, mankind chose this path back when Adam and Eve sinned.

Jesus said "it is accomplished" on the cross, but man still chooses to sin - it is sin that brings the prophecies to fruition - and God knew it from the END.

He knew mankinds path towards destruction, that is why Jesus came in the Flesh to become the ultimate scarifice.

Read 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 With Rev. 13 concerning the AC & MOTB

Also here is a great scripture from Peter:
2 Peter 3:3-7
Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, [4] And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.(No impacts, no world tribulation, things are all normal). [5] For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: [6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: [7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

The "they" that create the MOTB want to for the sake of dissobedience, if they wont do it someone else will - PRIDE was the destruction of Lucifer (Now saten) and it is this sin of PRIDE that will bring about the events in Rev.

Whew - send me a U2U if you need any clarity

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Birkhoff
Basically, the book of Revelation is not a "self-fullfilling" prophecy, mankind chose this path back when Adam and Eve sinned.

Jesus said "it is accomplished" on the cross, but man still chooses to sin - it is sin that brings the prophecies to fruition - and God knew it from the END.

He knew mankinds path towards destruction, that is why Jesus came in the Flesh to become the ultimate scarifice.

The "they" that create the MOTB want to for the sake of dissobedience, if they wont do it someone else will - PRIDE was the destruction of Lucifer (Now saten) and it is this sin of PRIDE that will bring about the events in Rev.
Interesting. The mark of the beast is electronic and this seems to also be behind some of the ideas of the Matrix movie as well, with the beast (A.I.) eventually taking over humanity itself. I suppose those revelations do come from our pride (ego) and we are heading in that direction as we use ego to create those prophecies.

new topics

join