It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's saw is stuck

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
doublehelixI tend to agree,I believe they needed to make the decision to fracture the formation downhole in a sabatoge attempt to collapse the hole much earlier in the game. They need to use mother nature to their advantage right now and use terminal methods.Relief wells would work but the cost effectiveness isnt there BP isnt going bankrupt on this hole,when they decide to they will abandon the hole,thats my point,all these things they are trying revolve around recovering the well,NOT STOPPING THE POLLUTION.

So ultimately what we are discussing here is NOT how or wether this well can be stopped from polluting our oceans,it is about THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO REGIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL BODY CAPABLE OF WALKING IN AND PROTECTING HUMANITIES OCEANS FROM CORPORATE INTERESTS BAD DECISION MAKING,not the President,not Ghandi,not the Pope,just the UNITED NATIONS,I say bring them in to set a precident and speed this process up,bring in military force as a show of solidarity on behalf of the entire planet and our ocean.

Admit this is a money issue not a save the environment issue AND SUDDENLY I BECOME RIGHT AND THAT IS APPARENT.

Its like losing a million dollar tool downhole,you will try to fish it out using many creative methods but ultimately you are insured for the tool,so youare only obligated to try to recover it a specific number of times then you ar A-OK to abandon the tool and the hole if need be and rely on insurance.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
did they stop broadcasting the live feed? all I'm getting is a black screen with some distortion now and again.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

It's not working for me either.
Black screen with lines and the words "no video" in the top right.
You can see it at CNN though... edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by HrdCorHillbilly]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We need to boycott them and all their products and service stations. Here is a link please comment star and flag!!!!!!!!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Funny I see this reply now, I just replied to your post. hahaa

The cut has been made. Lets see how the cap goes. I'm not crossing my fingers.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It appears their still cutting the pipe. But now the are cutting vertical.
I'm not sure why their cutting it like this. They keep getting the saw in a bind.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join