It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do americans think the oil spill in the Gulf Of British Petroleum is a lot?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Exactly. And to think that I had not even heard that comment had been made before when I posted this:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reply to post by broahes

"To me it ( the original poster's question) sounds exactly like statement a BP shareholder would make to justify their holdings."

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
So it may be British Petroleum, but it's still America's fault because we drive cars? I've seen some closet America-bashing threads before, but damn...

After looking it up, it seems to me BP is now half American owned.

However ownership of BP is beside the point. I'm a proud Australian, but but we have companies no better than BP.

Fact is, the greedy SOBs running these companies are the same the world over, ignorant and uncaring of anything but profits, and getting strangleholds around the necks of any politicians and authorities who should be standing up to them.

This has nothing to do with you or me driving cars. (Actually I only ride a bicycle, but many do need cars for transport.) Car drivers are restricted by the technology presented to them. If the oil companies had not smothered designs for alternatively powered cars, we might be able to drive cars without using petrol.

Sure there are LP gas cars, but I don't know if that's much better.
Do you?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

Yeah makes you wonder sometimes about what is going on in the minds of some people. Your right this isn't a BP trashing post. I just wish they would stop trying to hide things and get the job done before it really gets out of hand. I have a little bias towards them, because I know that when this oil starts to affect the fishing industry on the west coast of Fla. I know a bunch of good people that will lose their only means of income since that is all they have ever done for most of their lives. Some people do not understand the problems that lay ahead for the gulf.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This guy is obviously trolling for attention and people have fed him for three pages already.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Of course there is always a little ray of sunshine for BP as per a new post by phlynx here:

"Feds open criminal probe of Gulf oil spill"

Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the President's announcement by video of the the criminal probe here:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

And I am sure that their repeated prior violations and criminal history will
be overlooked......

Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As well BP's history of screwups and delays in the Exxon Valdez Spill, which they originally handled.

Source: www.cbsnews.com...

Yep. BP is clean as can be....

[edit on 2-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

It doesn't surprise me that those comments haven't been talked about more. I guess somebody else had also heard them and put the squash down before it really got out. I will see if I can find the quote and post it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Yes it does seem they were trying every option to save the oil first. Then when they tried top kill and failed, it's back to saving the oil. What happens if the latest idea actually works, pumping it up to a ship, then a hurricane comes in? Where does the ship go? I feel for the fishermen in the gulf as I recently lost my job and replaced it with a lesser paying one. I'ts quite a mess huh?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Yes please do. Actually it is a position of superiority (the too big to fail syndrome) and arrogance that BP has maintained to the point of pride, for years.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I found this a bit rediculous for a person that is a ceo to BP to say. Here you can read it for yourselves and be as amazed as I was when I heard it.

the quote..
" The Gulf of Mexico is a very big ocean. The amount of volume of oil and dispersant we are putting into it is tiny in relation to the total water volume."

and here is the link if you want to read more of the interview...

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Here you go I just put the quote and link up so you can see the whole interview. All I can say is that is the stupidest thing that anyone could say about this disaster.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
[edit on 1-6-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I was watching Fox news today and Michio Kaku was on there talking about the things BP was and are trying to do and he said that what we are seeing is a large science experiment and we are the guinea pigs. You know that almost sums it up right there.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sorry about the edited posts don't know what happened there. Guess i have itchy computer finger..

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWizard
is this thread a joke?

star!

actually the joke is us on a ship (earth) with a captain (whoever you want to blame/B.P.) who is walking around poking holes in the hull of the ship....

which is the priority here?
would you have me clean up the leaks?
would you have me plug the hole?
would you have me stop the captain from making more leaks?

i'm just one man, so share with us all, what is your plan?

(if this thread is nothing more than a joke, i wonder what the punch line will be?)

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

were you drunk when you wrote this? your spelling is horrible; your logic is even worse. this is a ecologic and economic travesty. 60,000 left jobless, untold extinction of marine life and you want to make some condescending remark about american consumption?! i live in mississippi so i can tell you the damage is far worse than your feeble brain can imagine. i bet you felt soooo smart mispelling all those smug statements. did you know the workers are dying from just breathing the poisoned air while trying to clean up this mess? there's a special place in hell for you

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join