It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I filmed a UFO with my cellphone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth hunter

Truth Hunter.....

I took considerable time to assist you with this, as per my following posts in your thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I’m wondering why you continue to ignore me....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Sorry mate! I'm not ignoring you I'm just not at my comp sometimes.. Yeah, I checked out your threads and they're very good! I just can't understand how that is possible that you can't see something with your naked eye and it's clearly on a phone screen... it was VERY windy outside so debris couldn't behave the way it did.. or a spider inside would have been so close to the lens of the camera that one could clearly see the outlines of it.. when I zoom out for some seconds it looks like it is really in the sky... But it could be anything really.. it just puzzled me.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Truth hunter]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Truth Hunter.....

Sorry mate! I'm not ignoring you I'm just not at my comp sometimes.

I wouldn’t normally make such a comment, but it appeared you were intentionally ignoring me.

Yeah, I checked out your threads and they're very good!

Thank you

I just can't understand how that is possible that you can't see something with your naked eye and it's clearly on a phone screen...

If you’d read the report I linked you to regarding the Sydney UFO case, you would have seen that is EXACTLY what happened in that case.

it was VERY windy outside so debris couldn't behave the way it did..

I haven’t suggested the dirt/debris was blowing around in the wind.

I have suggested the dirt debris was stuck to your windscreen.

or a spider inside would have been so close to the lens of the camera that one could clearly see the outlines of it

I haven’t suggested it’s a spider. I don’t believe it’s a spider. I believe the movement is caused by the relationship between the camera movement & the dirt/debris on the windscreen & the background. Please revert to my previous post wherein I state:

’The "spider's legs" could well be small lines of "splatter" caused when the dirt / debris impacted the windscreen (see aforementioned link).”

“The greater relative movement is occurring because the debris / dirt is much closer to the camera than is the background, which causes the relative movement of the object to be greatly increased as compared with the background, as the camera is moved by the witness (see aforementioned link).”

.. when I zoom out for some seconds it looks like it is really in the sky...

It doesn’t to me.

But it could be anything really.. it just puzzled me.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Notice how much it moves when the camera moves a lot...

Not a UFO. Sorry but thanks!

Edit: Actually the "sudden drop" at 0:24 is kind of weird and may not be explainable by the movement. Good one.

[edit on 2010-6-1 by sandwiches]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Yeah, your threads are very informative and helpful. So I guess I should say it could have been on the windscreen. It could have. But that weird "drop" movement is strange anyway... especially in a wind that was blowing in the opposite direction. I'm gonna try it out today as well.. if the spot is there I'll apologise for fooling you people. But I was kinda excited

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I think maybe people will be more likely to edge away from the spider explanation if you can tell us what the object did after what we see in the clip? Did you manage to keep looking at it through the phone to see it fly away or maybe dissapear?

At first look it does look like a close object.

ED: Sorry, I just re read the OP... I see you weren't around to keep filming.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by and14263]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by locster

post by locster
Its a spider hanging from something. It even does that glide down and climb back up thing.

That's exactly what I thought after watching the vid , I'm 99.9% it's something hanging not flying

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth hunter

Yeah, your threads are very informative and helpful. So I guess I should say it could have been on the windscreen. It could have. But that weird "drop" movement is strange anyway... especially in a wind that was blowing in the opposite direction. I'm gonna try it out today as well.. if the spot is there I'll apologise for fooling you people. But I was kinda excited

Truth Hunter.....

The drop can almost certainly be explained by camera movement.

Have a careful look at what was going on in that Sydney UFO thread to which I linked you.

The movement becomes exponentially amplified as you decrease the distance between your camera & the windscreen. It's not a linear relationship. Even small movements produce large relative movements of the dirt/debris against the background.

See if you can do some experiments of your own & post the results as per Chadwickus & CHRLZ in that Sydney UFO thread.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

If you watch the video on full screen at youtube you can see his little legs moving , I have watched this several times now and it's a spider

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

If you watch the video on full screen at youtube you can see his little legs moving , I have watched this several times now and it's a spider

OK.....

Hang on.....

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Hmmmm.....

Maybe.....

Maybe it's legs.....

Maybe it's pixilation.....

I swear I'll go blind looking at these things!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

incy wincy spider

Glad to see you've taken that gas mask off........... but what's it done to your hair man

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Springer & Zazz banned me from Chemtrail threads!!!

One thread in there in chemtrail land & 4 people put me on ignore & 2 added me as a foe.

They made me get counselling!

I'd better get back on topic!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Considering that video is only 176 pixels wide by 144 high, imagine the amount of interpolation that is going on when you see it in full screen. You end up seeing very little of what was there and a lot of what the resizing algorithm thinks you should be seeing.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by gortex

Considering that video is only 176 pixels wide by 144 high, imagine the amount of interpolation that is going on when you see it in full screen. You end up seeing very little of what was there and a lot of what the resizing algorithm thinks you should be seeing.

ArMaP.....

That's why I'm thinking "pixilation", not "spider's legs".

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I see what you're saying but combine the possible legs with the way it drops then appears to climb back up , as an Arachnophobic it sets my Spider senses tingling

[edit on 1-6-2010 by gortex]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Whatever it is, it's got legs... and knows how to use 'em.
It's so fi-ine, it's all mi-ine... Ufo, you got it right.

But seriously, it looks close to the cell phone and if it's
not a spider, then it must be either a drone craft or an
escape pod from the Mothership.

These must be the only conclusions and I think most
serious Ufologists will bear me out, they are serious people.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I would say first of all well done for providing the video. When i read your thread title i thought "Oh here we go, i have footage and i'll post it tomorrow blah blah" but you came good and provided it for us crazy researchers to pick at it. Hat's off to you!

The first few seconds looked interesting but the moment it made that erratic movement i immediately thought it was dirt of some kind on your windscreen. If you weren't in your car and there was nothing between you and the object in question i would perhaps have a different take on it.

I don't believe it's a spider, crikey imagine a UFO spider! that's NOT the kind of visitor i'm hoping will visit us. Man, imagine if they did visit us and they looked like your worst phobia, that's a bit terrifying to think. Brrr!

Thanks again for sharing

October

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Can you please tell me why you didnt go closer to the object and flim it?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

He didn't actually realise he was filming it I don't think, he was in his car at the time planning on filming a bird but it disappeared and caught this instead.

October

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join