It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Study on Frequency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It was two weeks ago on ATS Live Studio, Show 6, that dealt with paranormal that I heard of a Frank's box. Now, I had always heard of EVP and various other sounds and sensations associated with ghosts and decided to look a little deeper into frequencies to see what I could find.

Some other sites on EVP had lead me towards the direction of around 12-20 Hz as a starting point for analysis. And others say 40-50 Hz. But when I ran across this page some things started to make some sense when I read the following chart:

Frequency numbers in Hertz

1 Approximate beginning of brain waves
    6.66 Theta brain waves
    7.85 Alpha brain waves
    15.7 Beta brain waves
    30-30.56 Government VFL stations
    32-33 Government VFL stations
    34-42 Government VFL stations
    50 Approximate upper limit of brain waves
    60 Produces an audible sound

So sounds of around 8-16 Hz will be felt and possibly be perceived by the mind on a subconscious level. Frequencies in the Theta state of 6.66-7.85 Hz are believed to realm of creative thought processes. I could use conjecture that cases of sleep paralysis might happen while processing sounds in the theta range in a conscious state. But so little is known about the theta state.

Now some people believe that animals are perceptive to ghosts and other phenomena, but cats can only hear audible sounds as low as 45 Hz and dogs only down to 50 Hz. Which makes them both slightly better than humans. But their upper frequency ranges top out at 85,000 Hz and 45,000 Hz respectively. Far beyond humans and our 14,000 Hz threshold.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Deleted my post cause it was crap.

Humans can hear down to 20 hz.

Someone else will fill you in on why sound waves and electromagnetic waves are very different and don't effect each other as you think they do.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by mrwiffler]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The human hearing range extends down to 20Hz. At such low freq. it becomes more difficult to perceive direction & pitch, but the sound is audible. Around 50Hz. is the 'weight' in a kick drum. If you listen carefully, you'll easily be able to tell that bass instruments produce deeper pitches than the main force of the kick.
That said, a lot of consumer gear is not capable of reproducing the low end with much accuracy. If, for instance, you have ported speakers, the ports are tuned at a particular freq. & thus it may be difficult to distinguish sounds with elements just on either side of that freq.
I work in media. Hope that helps, but if not, ask away...
Edit to add: the theoretical upper limit of human hearing is 20KHz. but it does drop dramatically with age, faster in men than women. All the same, 14KHz is quite a low estimate. Check your graphic equaliser: there should be a 16KHz band.

[edit on 30/5/10 by Bunken Drum]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

I know what you are saying. And yes there is a huge difference between electromagnetic waves such as radio and even HARRP technologies. And it is easy to get the two confused.

But my thought is even though the sound at these frequencies are inaudible (as in capacity to conscientiously perceive and distinguish) it doesn't particularly prevent the brain from trying to figure them out or become distracted (for lack of a better word) with what it would determine to be a similar activity.

Yes brainwaves are electrical, bio-electrical at that. But sound, sight, taste, smell and touch are all transfered and converted to bio-electrical pulses for the brain. But if you think about it, sound is a specialized form of touch. In the sense that the ear feels these vibrations in the audible range and the brain translates them.

Think of when a capacitor is going bad on a motherboard or monitor and you can hear that high pitched whine. That whine is there already, just at a much higher frequency when it is normal.

My point would be that sound vibrations that are not consciously distinguished, could still be felt and that the brain is either going to try to figure it out or ignore it as clutter if there is something that makes sense or not. Just like a sensation of pain or cold is dulled over time as we hedge it out and ignore it.

My thought is that a sound vibration that varies along a pattern might be detected as something by the brain as a normal function and act accordingly, a garbled background signal to be ignored or as something that needs to be deciphered and acted upon.

Such a signal could interrupt autonomic functions for example, like issue a signal for a heartbeat outside the current rhythm or issue a command to the adrenal gland to start pumping out adrenaline that the body would use for fight or flight responses. Or production of dopamine, causing hallucinogenic effects.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I believe that sound has effects on metabolism.
Playing the short videos on this site affects me.
timberwolfhq.com...

Solfeggio frequencies were 'lost' a few centuries ago, like part of history denied to us

www.lightwithin.com...

[edit on 30-5-2010 by margaretr]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If you're wondering about frequencies, please see this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I'll confess that my temper was wearing thin, but, with Pieman's help, its the basis of a discussion.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

A good thread and well said, I admit that I missed that one.

But you also see that I am specifically talking about the resonance of sound vibrations and not electromagnetic frequencies such as radio and TV. Title for that would had to have been "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?"

But even audible odd and unexpected sound sources can make me pause for a moment. Just the other day I thought the refrigerator was making an odd noise until I realized that my cat had snuck up behind my chair and was purring louder and at higher pitch than normal. Knowing him, he had some sort of perverse pleasure out of making me worried.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by margaretr

Interesting page. I may have to play around with these notes on a tone generator and then break out the keyboard. And then have a couple of friends that are real musician look into them as well instead of my plodding self. Just to see what kind of empathy they can impart without the new-age vibe.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I wonder how many people have ever experienced telepathy that also visit ATS...
I am wondering about the freq. of thoughts like when you "think" inside your head a word ... in your mind you can hear yourself mentally speaking words, and it has been said by some people that when a person does this, that his/her brain is emitting that information at a frequency around 9-12 hz...
I have experienced telepathy before on many occasions and when it happens I am thinking in my head how impossible it is... only it isn't...

pretty wierd for a human to experience stuff like that and it usually lands people in a rubber room with some strong medication, although, that part has never happened to me thankfully...

interesting thread, thanks for posting

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Scott Huckabay tunes his guitar to the solfeggio scale.
You can listen here -
www.youtube.com...

top topics

join