It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelangelo's secret message in the Sistine Chapel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
www.scientificamerican.com...

*Snippit
Suk and Tamargo are experts in neuroanatomy at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. In 1990, physician Frank Meshberger published a paper in the Journal of the American Medical Association deciphering Michelangelo’s imagery with the stunning recognition that the depiction in God Creating Adam in the central panel on the ceiling was a perfect anatomical illustration of the human brain in cross section.

Isn't it amazing how creative and intelligent the human race can be. It blows my mind every-time i learn something new about history sometimes it seems like they where more intelligent way back when.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Michelangelo was stunningly sagacious. I can imagine him laying on his back, and painting hidden expressions into his art. Not out of boredom, but through shear brilliance.

S&F

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

There is something else odd about this picture. A role of fabric extends up the center of God’s robe in a peculiar manner. The clothing is bunched up here as is seen nowhere else, and the fold clashes with what would be the natural drape of fabric over God’s torso. In fact, they observe, it is the human spinal cord, ascending to the brain stem in God’s neck. At God’s waist, the robe twists again in a peculiar crumpled manner, revealing the optic nerves from two eyes, precisely as Leonardo Da Vinci had shown them in his illustration of 1487. Da Vinci and Michelangelo were contemporaries and acquainted with each other’s work.

www.scientificamerican.com...

Meshberger speculates that Michelangelo surrounded God with a shroud representing the human brain to suggest that God was endowing Adam not only with life, but also with supreme human intelligence.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6a813a3efb3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b82ecf829216.png[/atsimg]

The knowledge in those days about anatomy and internal organs was more advanced then we knew.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by brizellious
every-time i learn something new about history sometimes it seems like they where more intelligent way back when.

We were...

Now we are just a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy...

I'm surprised at this point we can even walk.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I've looked at these very closely. I have blown them up. I just don't see it. These people are stretching their imagination for a grant or something. It's BS. I don't believe this one bit.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
At the time dissection was illegal in Rome, but Michelangelo studied (If I remember rightly) in Florence beforehand, where is was rather popular to dissect and look at human anatomy.

xOx

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
All I can say is man has been hideing the truth about things for way to long. We were the slaves created, not by the Creator of all, but by the anunnaki. . .never mind on that topic, but as for the brain thing, never noticed it. It is for one to seek, to find out one's self, our brain is very powerfull, indeed it is a tool handed down from the most high one true GOD. As for meeting the Creator, well, we are all apart of the source. Some just want to be their own source free will say's "go for it" i say know who you are first what you want balance it with oneness. Love will lead the way, fear and all that follows will lead you as well. . .

. . . where exactly do you wanna go?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
He was a genius! Can you imagine anyone else doing what he did?

I can def imagine him painting secret things.

new topics

top topics

join